Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    The big switch had nothing to do with only the top 1%. But of course someone had to show their hateboner again. My complete raiding evironment on my alliance server broke down. It was a big server and hasn't recovered to the old numbers since then. For raiders of course at they have been the only ones who cared about that. But it went way deeper than just the dreaded evil 1%
    The issue happens when the top 1% all move, everyone just kind of follows. For instance, look at when Reckful played. If that guy moved servers, the new server he moved to would be packed full instantly and the server he was on would become a ghost town. When the top 1% move somewhere or do something a certain way, people are quick to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    The issue happens when the top 1% all move, everyone just kind of follows. For instance, look at when Reckful played. If that guy moved servers, the new server he moved to would be packed full instantly and the server he was on would become a ghost town. When the top 1% move somewhere or do something a certain way, people are quick to follow.
    That is one of the causes. But not every server has a big name like reckful. Although i never heard of him before... well what happend.
    But even then. They are not at fault. If only the top 1 % would switch no one would care. As the raiding enviroment is much more than just the top guilds.

The factions switch even happend for heroic guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    That is one of the causes. But not every server has a big name like reckful. Although i never heard of him before... well what happend.
    But even then. They are not at fault. If only the top 1 % would switch no one would care. As the raiding enviroment is much more than just the top guilds.

The factions switch even happend for heroic guilds.
    Nah, it's a snowball effect that slowly happened over the years. Starting with 1% of top guilds, then their friends, then people who aspire to join them, then their fanbase,then friends of their friends, then people who wanted to play on big servers, then friends of their friends friends and so on. It didn't happen overnight, but I can see how 1% of top guilds switching over racials could impact entire faction imbalance to the point where we are now.

It's also a matter of where the PvP players are, because there's a certain amount of overlap, and because they add to the economy just like the raiders do (though combining the AH factions helped this a bit). When the power of racials is fairly low and one faction favour PvP and the other PvE, things are fairly stable. When they're low in power and both on one faction, there's a continual flow to that faction. When they're strong and spilt there are constant complaints, guilds being split and all that fun stuff. When they're strong and one faction favours both, there isn't a drift, but a flood to that faction, and once the imbalance reaches a certain point only a very strong racials on the other faction for an extended period will reverse it (and cost a fair number of subs in the process).

As the imbalance, once there, filters all the down to heroic raiding if not lower it's very hard to reverse.