Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    With no RNG on loot (like TF, corruptions or what have you) you have to have this holy graail of item that never drops for you to keep on playing. No bonus loot = even harder to get the trinket you deam of = people paying subs. Scales have to be balanced.
    With all due respect... that makes no sense...

With less RNG (like TF, corruptions or what have you) this means it will be easier to target that specific piece of loot that you want, and once you get it... that's it! No need to roll to maybe get it this time titanforged, or with the corruption u want, etc! The loot will be more straight in SL so there is less need of a failsafe mechanic (aka bonus roll).

Let me put it this other way: There was no such thing as bonus roll in wow untill 4 expansions later! Bonus roll was first introduced in Pandaria... in 2012! And noone complained!

I think this is a good change. So long they don't re-introduce random systems like ttf, and there's less rng and a more straight pool of loot, the bonus rolls should NOT be needed.

I'm glad there is no more bonus roll. Will make the "moment of did I get loot?" more clear and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Felldoh View Post
    Getting a +15 in season 1 is going to be very challenging. don't let late expansion key bloat trick you into thinking that +15s are normal. Iirc, in BFA season 1, something like less than 5% of players achieved Keystone Master. If you really are 2,4k rated then you don't have to worry about the majority of the population getting the same ilvl.
    +15 was always easy. The reason why so little people got KM in season 1 was because there was no reward for getting it and you got the best gear just by doing +10s. So there was absolutely no incentive for people to do all the keys on +15. But it was never difficult at all. I did +15s in the first week of 8.3 with 445 uncorrupted gear and it was not difficult at all.

Not a fan of the pvp loot progression system. Giving the highest rated players more powerful gear just increases the gap for people starting out in pvp and also makes it more difficult for the next person to achieve the same rating if they start their season late, skill remaining equal. Let skill make people feel more powerful in pvp, not gear.

top pvp gear being awarded at 2.4k+ does seem like a joke, considering the barrier of entry there is wayyyyy higher than doing +15's.
    probably like 20% of the player base (being conservative here) can do +15's, but probably less than 1% play arenas at 2400.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    so i need to play on 2,4k+ to get the same gear as noobrain PvElers get in a m+15... cool. Seems fair

Not
    have you even seen mythic end content?

Quote Originally Posted by erosion View Post
    Not a fan of the pvp loot progression system. Giving the highest rated players more powerful gear just increases the gap for people starting out in pvp and also makes it more difficult for the next person to achieve the same rating if they start their season late, skill remaining equal. Let skill make people feel more powerful in pvp, not gear.
    Too much RPG in the MMORPG amiright? Just make BGs all battle royal...

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFiles View Post
    With less RNG (like TF, corruptions or what have you) this means it will be easier to target that specific piece of loot that you want, and once you get it... that's it! No need to roll to maybe get it this time titanforged, or with the corruption u want, etc! The loot will be more straight in SL so there is less need of a failsafe mechanic (aka bonus roll).
    It won't be easier to target a specific piece of loot (TF, corruptions etc. ignored); it will be harder, as up till now, you could have two tries per boss to get the piece of loot you want. Yes, in SL, when you finally get it, that's it - and that's why it has to be harder to get. Pretty sure there will be people complaining some item doesn't want to drop for them multiple weeks (if not months) into the expansion. And that's the point.

The reason the number of PVP players at 2.4k is so low is because not everyone likes pillar humping and world of compcraft...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    At least Skitra was by far the easiest mythic boss

If you think you had it bad then consider the Rogues. They had to get the weapons from Mythic Ra’den not only once but twice.

But I get your point. It sucks that bonus rolls are gone.
    I agree, but I don’t feel too bad for Rogues considering Hunters have a pretty sizable track record of their BiS weapon coming from the last or 2nd to last boss.
    It sucks when any class has that happen to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by morph4037 View Post
    This feels/sounds like one of those "good on paper, bad in practice" fusterclucks. Time will tell though.
    this is exactly my thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Blizzard on Loot from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP in Shadowlands, Bonus Rolls Removed
    Blizzard has commented on loot acquisition from Raids, Mythic+ and PvP in Shadowlands. Besides the loot quantities being reduced, Bonus Rolls for a chance at extra loot will not be available in Shadowlands.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I’d like to take a step back on this subject and look at the big picture.

As has been observed in the Beta, loot quantities overall are reduced in Shadowlands. Following the proclamation “let loot be loot”, we’re entering into a world without Warforging and Titanforging, where getting an item from relevant content should feel rewarding on its own more often, without needing to hope for random upgrades.

Bonus rolls no longer exist, and the Great Vault captures the value they used to provide to raiders. Non-raiders should also factor in the Great Vault, as completing a Mythic Keystone +15 will award a choice of up to three item-level 226 pieces from the Great Vault.

Currently in the Shadowlands Beta / first tier of the expansion, PvP loot for top ratings caps out at item level 226.

While outdoor world gameplay and professions offer a range of epic gear, the very strongest loot in WoW comes from the three organized multiplayer endgame progression paths: Rated PvP, Mythic Keystone dungeons, and raiding. The design intent is for all three paths to provide parallel progression over the course of a tier, while providing players who engage in multiple paths at a comparable level a faster advancement experience. For example, we’re currently targeting item level 213 for Challenger-level PvP, Heroic raiding, or Mythic Keystone dungeons at the +7 difficulty.

Of course, there could be further adjustments to all of this in the weeks to come before Shadowlands launches.
    Was this their answer to the guy asking about stat combinations in the raid vs m+? If so then the answer is complete bullshit and they completely miss the point. The guy was saying that there are much more stat combinations in m+ than in the raid and therefore there will not be parallel progession over the course of the first tier since those stat combinations will never be available in the raid no matter how much you play. So Blizzard can stick their answer up where the sun don’t shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    It won't be easier to target a specific piece of loot (TF, corruptions etc. ignored); it will be harder, as up till now, you could have two tries per boss to get the piece of loot you want. Yes, in SL, when you finally get it, that's it - and that's why it has to be harder to get. Pretty sure there will be people complaining some item doesn't want to drop for them multiple weeks (if not months) into the expansion. And that's the point.
    Wait, are you implying people will bitch about anything and everything because they can?
    I for one am shocked. /s
    I'm rather biased and super happy my weapon token drops off the 2nd boss in 9.0.

Forever gone will be the heart breaking moment of "Hey guys, who wants my 475 Socketed Leech Vita from Ra-den?"
    *This item was won with Bonus Roll*

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I agree, but I don’t feel too bad for Rogues considering Hunters have a pretty sizable track record of their BiS weapon coming from the last or 2nd to last boss.
    It sucks when any class has that happen to them.
    In EP and Nyalotha we hunters got our BiS weapon on the 1st and 2nd boss respectively so I guess we have been compensated well for now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Alright everyone, who's ready for another ride on the carousel of WoW players contradicting themselves?
    Damn if they do, damned if they don't.

Do not even play any more but people have been asking for something like this only to reject the concept of it entirely once they got it and they wonder why developers don't like reading forums

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Only took me like 10 Skitra kills with 9 bonus rolls before I finally got the mythic bow. Gonna miss the rolls.
    Ha, I laugh at your misery... I went through all of BC using the Sunbury bow (prince in kara) all the way up til we got the bow from Illidan. We never once in all the raids had a better weapon drop...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was never a fan of the bonus roll concept, so I'm OK with this.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Yeah honestly bonus rolls were just kind of annoying. Sure it was an extra chance to get loot, but you had to keep track of the coins, remember about buying them, think where to use them, and more often than not get disappointed with AP rewards
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Ha, I laugh at your misery... I went through all of BC using the Sunbury bow (prince in kara) all the way up til we got the bow from Illidan. We never once in all the raids had a better weapon drop...
    Oh, I’ve heard all about it from others lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Damn if they do, damned if they don't.

Do not even play any more but people have been asking for something like this only to reject the concept of it entirely once they got it and they wonder why developers don't like reading forums
    1) Most often it’s not the same people asking for it and rejecting it. The player base is not one unit.

2) Most people were asking for Titanforging (and similar systems) to be removed and for gear to still matter to some degree in the next tier to avoid extreme gear inflation. But nobody has been asking for changes like removing the bonus rolls.

We are not dealing with extremes here. It doesn’t have to be either an extreme rain of loot or an extreme scarcity of loot. Why cant we have something in between. There are grey areas you know.