Question Returning noob Player: Bypass forced BFA leveling in Pre-Patch with Level Boost?

So I have an idea.

I currently have a main at around level 90 ish if I can remember correctly. I'm returning to the game for the new leveling experience of choosing which expansion to go through, but I know that if I don't have a 120 character, I'm forced to first level with BFA after the pre-patch releases.

I'm never gonna use a level boost for a legitimate reason, and I received one for buying some expansion at some point. If I used a 120 level boost on a random alt, would I not need to play BFA first when the pre-patch releases? or should I just use a 110 boost on a random alt and get it to 120 through BFA before the pre-patch?

Quote Originally Posted by SulfurG View Post
    So I have an idea.

I currently have a main at around level 90 ish if I can remember correctly. I'm returning to the game for the new leveling experience of choosing which expansion to go through, but I know that if I don't have a 120 character, I'm forced to first level with BFA after the pre-patch releases.

I'm never gonna use a level boost for a legitimate reason, and I received one for buying some expansion at some point. If I used a 120 level boost on a random alt, would I not need to play BFA first when the pre-patch releases? or should I just use a 110 boost on a random alt and get it to 120 through BFA before the pre-patch?
    An issue here is this 90 character exists before the prepatch. I think for existing characters you'd be able to choose any zone via Chromie time. It would be only for super brand new character/account that would go through the BFA leveling path. Granted, I don't know if that's exactly how it works - I have not done the leveling on beta to really test that. To answer your question, I dont see why not (to either of the boost questions).
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by SulfurG View Post
    So I have an idea.

You could just level to 120 now in a day and be done with it.

I'm not sure, but i think you can even level somewhere else: you are forced to go to boralus, but you don't need to level there: you just need to break out of the prison, go to boralus, and when you opened the portals and turned in the quest, you can probably skip everything else, port yourself back to stormwind, talk to chromie and change your leveling-destination: just look if the Hourglass is on the stormwind-map, if yes, you can switch your location.

I tried it before i copied the character-data there, so it should work, but don't take my word for granted.

Edit: and yes, if you have a level-boost, use it, it only says you need one char on max level. (But don't forget to login at least 1 time with your character)

Might as well do it on an alt of the opposite faction of your main that you intend to level. You could then use it if there is ever opposite faction content you need to unlock, like allied races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.