Thread: Meat is murder

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Meat is murder

I’m glad we’ve come so far as to establish that animals feel pain and we should cause a painless death. Now we need to accept that we have no right to deprive animals of a basic need: existence. Imagine you were born a duck... wouldn’t you want to keep living? Let them die of natural causes, but don’t end their life early. It is cruel.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-25 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    What would people eat instead? Vegetables? Those are delicious hell no.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Plants have feelings too by that logic. Scientists proved that plants can scream when touched or harmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those animals would not have life if we did not breed them. We give them life, and we take it away, simple as that.

Its probably a lot less of a cruel death for an animal to be killed in a slaughterhouse than for it to have been killed by wolves, bears, or other vicious predator animals.

If god didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating anything short of rocks is causing the death of something. Moralizing that it's okay to kill plants for food because they "don't feel pain" is no different than moralizing that its okay to kill animals because they're not sentient (or whatever), it's just another step along.

Accepting that you must kill something in order to survive is better than moralizing about what is or isn't acceptable to kill.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I’m glad we’ve come so far as to establish that animals feel pain and we should cause a painless death. Now we need to accept that we have no right to deprive animals of a basic need: existence. Imagine you were born a duck... wouldn’t you want to keep living? Let them die of natural causes, but don’t end their life early. It is cruel.
    If you're buying something edible from a store, there's a good chance something died in the process of getting it there, regardless if you're shopping vegan or not.

If you want to get Technical Humans are Considered Animals as Well. Humans just are Currently the most Resourceful/Adaptable of the Predators of the life on Earth.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is important when we do kill animals for various reasons, we do it as quickly as possible. But there is nothing wrong with eating meat. In the animal kingdom, there is a lot of meat eating going on. If one wants to restrict their own diet to veggies, then fine. But do not talk down to or condemn others for not wanting to follow that same diet.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we are going to trash people for liking eating meat, can we switch to cannibalism instead?

Is a lion "cruel" when it takes down a gazelle?

Meat is murder,
    delicious, tasty murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Is a lion "cruel" when it takes down a gazelle?
    have you seen the things lions do to their prey while they're still alive?
    Last edited by zhero; 2020-09-25 at 01:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    we’ve come so far as to establish that animals feel pain
    Not necessarily, there's been no scientific experiment that proves an animal's internal pain state but only their behavioral output. Nobody has a successful theory of consciousness so there's currently no way to test whether or not animals are even conscious in the first place.

Now we need to accept that we have no right to deprive animals of a basic need: existence.
    Why do you think that people don't have a right to eat/kill a sea sponge but we do have a right to eat a mushroom?
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-25 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I dunno I'd rather be torn to shreds and free than die painlessly in a place I cant leave
    You'd hate being torn to shreds regardless of if you're free or not.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I think most things hate dying regardless.
    Not the point. The point is that being torn to shreds is objectively worse.

Just, be kind.

Living things have to consume other living things to survive. So I'm with you completely, OP - nature is cruel and it must be stopped. The only way to prevent murder is to destroy all life simultaneously and forever. Then at least it's only a single generation of murder instead of continuous murder. I'm sure with enough thought we can accomplish this within our own world, but how should we proceed with killing all alien life too? After all, I'm sure those little green bastards are eating things too.

OH I just thought of a good compromise. Let's eat other living things. Since we've established all animals are murderers to some degree, by eating them we're saving other living things. We're not meat eaters, we're merely protectors and saviors of the little guy.

Let's still kill aliens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Not the point. The point is that being torn to shreds is objectively worse.
    Most livestock are killed at a very early age, with no chance of actually getting away though. Cornish hens are often slaughtered at 5-7 weeks and have a life span of 8+ years, for example.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Most livestock are killed at a very early age, with no chance of actually getting away though. Cornish hens are often slaughtered at 5-7 weeks and have a life span of 8+ years, for example.
    Are they torn to shreds at an early age?

No?

Then the fuck does anything you said have to do with fuck all?

Just, be kind.

I will continue to eat my delicious meat regardless of what people think. If they don't like it they can fuck off
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016