Thread: Meat is murder

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Gotta be honest: I really REALLY enjoyed the rare NY strip steak I had tonight. Delicious.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a thread recently about things you miss, in line with this thread: I really really REALLY fucking miss fresh meat. Decades ago I used to raise and kill my own chickens, and a couple cows and pigs along the way. Fresh meat just can't be beat.
    That's your personal reason which is fine but it doesn't address the central argument which is that it's unethical to eat meat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    That's your personal reason which is fine but it doesn't address the central argument which is that it's unethical to eat meat.
    There is no argument: eating meat is in fact not unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I’m glad we’ve come so far as to establish that animals feel pain and we should cause a painless death. Now we need to accept that we have no right to deprive animals of a basic need: existence. Imagine you were born a duck... wouldn’t you want to keep living? Let them die of natural causes, but don’t end their life early. It is cruel.
    Life is cruel. Get over it. Go stand in the rainforest. See how long until something tears you to shreds for No reason other than for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

It is very interesting that each party can have its own very strong arguments, which means that the rejection of meat is more about personal inner feeling than about external consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post

have you seen the things lions do to their prey while they're still alive?
    Sure...but is it being "cruel"?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd be the guy who goes to a meat is murder protest showing videos of slaughter houses to gross people out and then stop on the way home to grab a burger. MMmmmmm we have the meats.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sure...but is it being "cruel"?
    Open to interpretation I guess. You can especially see it in outdoor cats. They often keep their prey alive to play with it, denying them death until they get bored. The prey no doubt suffers as its internal organs are sitting there exposed to the air, but is it cruelty? An argument could be made it's only considered cruel if the agitator knows what it's inflicting. So we'd have to prove that the cat knows what it's torturing is a creature capable of feeling pain, and also prove that the cat made a conscious decision to keep it alive to purposely make it suffer. How much of it is a deliberate choice, and how much is just what its instincts tell it to do?

I’m glad we’ve come so far as to establish that animals feel pain and we should cause a painless death. Now we need to accept that we have no right to deprive animals of a basic need: existence. Imagine you were born a duck... wouldn’t you want to keep living? Let them die of natural causes, but don’t end their life early. It is cruel.
    meat is protein

proteins make you strong

eating vegetables make you weak.

with all those pro-wegetarians actions people are letting thesleve be lead into natural state of things where only upper echelons of society could afford meat while peasants diet consistem mainly of veggies/grains.

also it leads to idiotic situations like what we have atm in our 1mln + city - where boars are runing inside city because hunters didnt kill enough of them and their population is booming. all because of idiotic actions to "protect poor animals"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    I'd be the guy who goes to a meat is murder protest showing videos of slaughter houses to gross people out and then stop on the way home to grab a burger. MMmmmmm we have the meats.

mate i would be that guy who shows on those protests with huge KFC bucket :P and eat slowly while laughing
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-09-25 at 08:17 AM.

It has been suggested that one of the main reasons the human mind was able to evolve the way that it did was the increased introduction of animal fats and fish oils into early hominoids diets.

But yeah, sure, we totally need to swear off killing the poor animals now that we know it is immoral to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post

Great, now I want to eat one of those.

Also nutriment is lacking in a vegan "regime": B12.

But I am all for reducing animal pain in slaugtherhouse. Too many times I have seen people killing those animals in there without sedation or such.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Veggies make you weak which is why gorillas and rhinos are almost exclusively herbivorous
    Their metabolisms is designed or has evolved around being an herbivore. Humans are not.

You realize if we stop eating them we will really deprive them of existence... they will go from millions and millions to tiny few in petting zoos. If you really hate animals vegan is the way to go, extermination.

No our digestive systems are designed to digest anything we get our grubby hands on.
    Yes, we are not herbivore, we are omnivore. So you know, we need meat. Not a huge amount of it, but we do need it.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    meat is protein

proteins make you strong

eating vegetables make you weak.
    Eating Protein does not make you "strong"

Eating vegetables does not make you "weak"

If you want to be "strong"...you need both

Living your life in a confined area and usually for far less than your lifespan is also far worse than the alternative.

Years of psychological harm vs. A few minutes of physical

I made my choice.
    So you're ditching society, leaving all your worldly possessions and heading off to the wilderness where you can die painfully but free?

10+ Year Old Account
    No our digestive systems are designed to digest anything we get our grubby hands on.
    Yeah that's why we go for easy, ready-to-go animal proteins

The funny thing about confinement is you dont get the choice.
    Cool, so where are you choosing to go?

We dont? Obligate carnivores need meat. Omnivores can go without.
    Nope, it all goes down to metabolism. Carnivore does not need vegetables. Omnivores need both.

Where is there to go?

- - - Updated - - -

We dont though. Otherwise vegetarians and vegans would be dying
    It is not dying but being weaker physically. And vegans lack B12 which is essential.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    intelligence is relative, that is why vegans base their line around the being's ability to have a central nervous system that can feel pain. If they can feel pain then they can suffer and there's no need to cause suffering over something like flavor,
    That's wrong though because veganism is based on "animals" and not on the central nervous system.

Also, it's not scientifically verified that animals can feel pain and suffering because a behavioral output is not proof of an internal first-person experience.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-09-25 at 09:16 AM.