Thread: Genshin Impact

So apparently if you are seeing enemies with yellow or red levels above their head, you deal reduced damage to them... Would have been nice to know a little earlier. Guess I will have to push my main up to 90 then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

Well, I did it. Only the second character I've taken to Ascension 6, but I think it's worth it.
    should really upgrade all heroes to stage 6, just for the huge stats boost they get from the ascension, it's just ridiculous how 'expensive' it is to get the gems and the boss materials for it, only one i have is the main character just because you get given the materials, i'm nowhere near on anyone else cos of constantly levelling up new characters etc.

I have several 90s now because wtf am I gunna use resin on? perfect artifacts? fck that.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    100% understandable. Also, it's cool that you were able to 3k with a character that gimped regardless, but I wasn't even aware you didn't have to select one of the timer things minimum. The time is the aspect that necessitates damage the most, obviously.

Also, holy shit how do you have 100 food? That's so much gathering...
    You don't have to farm for Jade Parcels.

that amount (and I could craft like 100-200 more) came from expeditions.
    All you have to do is buy cabbage from Blanche in Mondstadt.

100 - for 10k or something.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I still don't understand why razor's burst does way more damage. It doesn't really make sense.
    The ability itself? Or just his auto-attacks after?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-18 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    The ability itself? Or just his auto-attacks after?
    Auto. Without burst it takes several hits, but with burst it only takes like 2 for w/e reason.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcz-n51FbNs
    Thanks for taking the time to record and upload that, KrayZ. Infinitely more helpful than just going "If you can't do this, you must be bad!"

And while it might not have to do with the quality or rolls after all, it still seems like it ultimately comes down to how one builds their artifacts. I guess I'll have to try stuffing as much Elemental Mastery as I can manage in my own Xiangling, and hope for the best.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So apparently if you are seeing enemies with yellow or red levels above their head, you deal reduced damage to them... Would have been nice to know a little earlier. Guess I will have to push my main up to 90 then.
    Yeh and this makes Abyss after 11 kinda pain in ass. Still i managed to score 3 starts on its 1.st floor, but second one is hell (you cant use same setup). Maybe lvling to 85 could help.

Also is it just me or its another week with no weapon drops .

- - - Updated - - -

....just dc the internet :P

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to record and upload that, KrayZ. Infinitely more helpful than just going "If you can't do this, you must be bad!"

And while it might not have to do with the quality or rolls after all, it still seems like it ultimately comes down to how one builds their artifacts. I guess I'll have to try stuffing as much Elemental Mastery as I can manage in my own Xiangling, and hope for the best.
    If you have 2 fire characters at ~70, you can just use them both and get the same effect.
    I stacked some EM (again, use the 3* and 4* items that drop on every Worldboss and sometimes even on Minibosses) because I wanted to show that you can do it with one character who is "basically" nacked in terms of stats.

Xiangling has 72 EM @ 70 baseline, add 160 from 2 sets (2x80) and your Overload will already deal ~3000 dmg
    Add an EM offpiece and it will deal 3600.

If you use 2 fire characters, you can get twice as many elemental reactions and deal more damage, even if they don't have any EM at all. As long as they are lvl 60-70 of course.

You could drop Gouba and switch to Amber, if she is high enough.
    You could also drop Gouba and switch to your main DPS, whoever that is. It will deal more damage than I did, that's for sure.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-18 at 09:55 AM.

Alright... finally did my 3k point run for the Geo boss. Here's my tips:

At the start you don't have to immediately attack the pillar the cube is under. I attacked the one off to the side for a bit to bait out the endless geo bolt attack so it ended a bit later at a better suited time.

I brought the Geo Travel to this boss. That's right. The GEO TRAVLER for a Geo boss no less. She actually ended up being a MVP. You can use her rocks to block the bolts coming from one angle so you can easily sit behind the pillar and not get hit from the bolts from the other two.

When the boss channels then unleashes that seemingly unavoidable Geo pulse, just use any character's elemental burst to avoid it with your invincibility frames. Or just switch to your GEO TRAVLER to tank it. You sure as heck don't care if her health is high or not.

After all the pillars are destroyed and the boss still isn't dead, it seems to go into some sort of enrage mechanic where you have to smash some crystals around the room while the boss pulses some huge damage. If your characters are anything like mine, they will pretty much die instantly, so don't even try to smash the crystals. Just switch to your GEO TRAVLER , pop a rock, and stand on top of it until the attack ends.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2021-01-18 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

At the start you don't have to immediately attack the pillar the cube is under. I attacked the one off to the side for a bit to bait out the endless geo bolt attack so it ended a bit later at a better suited time.

I brought the Geo Travel to this boss. That's right. The GEO TRAVLER for a Geo boss no less. She actually ended up being a MVP. You can use her rocks to block the bolts coming from one angle so you can easily sit behind the pillar and not get hit from the bolts from the other two.

When the boss channels then unleashes that seemingly unavoidable Geo pulse, just use any character's elemental burst to avoid it with your invincibility frames. Or just switch to your GEO TRAVLER to tank it. You sure as heck don't care if her health is high or not.

After all the pillars are destroyed and the boss still isn't dead, it seems to go into some sort of enrage mechanic where you have to smash some crystals around the room while the boss pulses some huge damage. If your characters are anything like mine, they will pretty much die instantly, so don't even try to smash the crystals. Just switch to your GEO TRAVLER , pop a rock, and stand on top of it until the attack ends.
    I just used Ganyu with frost damage potion and shot it up on pillar :P
    You can pretty much skip the more anoying phase like this since you dont have to destroy pillars much (only when cube goes aoe).
    I could probaly do it with much shorter time score, but i cant be bothered.

(team with Noelle, Klee, Ganyu and Barbara -- klee deals patetic damage with 50% less fire damage)

10+ Year Old Account

God why have you forsaken me
    Last edited by Belize; 2021-01-18 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    snip[/img]
    God why have you forsaken me
    Guess you have to pull Hu Tao now and hope that the subrolls go into Critdmg/Crit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im wondering if the ice set can have something besides defense as a main stat xd

10+ Year Old Account

so fun fact, and likely something not many have bothered with on the normal version, when it's about to do the pulsing aoe it will drop a geo cluster at the pillar it is currently occupying, if you destroy this geo cluster it will create a bubble that will protect you from all damage so you can happily wail on the pillar the boss is on and destroy it stopping the pulsing aoe there and then, similar to how the ice crystals in the dragonspine event would create an ice bubble that protected you from the ice aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probaly good enogh for now:

Had to do a bit of inventory cleanup.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    so fun fact, and likely something not many have bothered with on the normal version, when it's about to do the pulsing aoe it will drop a geo cluster at the pillar it is currently occupying, if you destroy this geo cluster it will create a bubble that will protect you from all damage so you can happily wail on the pillar the boss is on and destroy it stopping the pulsing aoe there and then, similar to how the ice crystals in the dragonspine event would create an ice bubble that protected you from the ice aoe.
    That's for the multiple pulsing AoE attack. For the single pulse attack you are given nothing to defend yourself with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they implement the full heal + full burst energy at the start of the event for all domains going forward. It's always a pain to have to interrupt domain farming by going to a shrine every few clears or if a character dies.

That's for the multiple pulsing AoE attack. For the single pulse attack you are given nothing to defend yourself with.
    It's pretty garbage for sure. You have to have broken some pillars and gotten shield shards on the ground to pick up, and hope you have enough while you run around breaking the crystals to cancel it.

The stages of this event are definitely getting increasingly demanding to the point where even 3k is going to be hard to get without a proper setup (read: the buffed characters for whatever version you're doing).

The ridiculous part is that Ganyu cheese hitting for 20k+ STILL almost didn't beat the timer for maxxed event. WTF BBQ sauce. Nearly unlimited uptime and still almost failed? How the fuck is anyone supposed to solo it at max without that cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    I really hope they implement the full heal + full burst energy at the start of the event for all domains going forward. It's always a pain to have to interrupt domain farming by going to a shrine every few clears or if a character dies.
    Agreed, but I'd go a step farther and say I hope they add a retry menu from inside the boss as well. Pretty annoying to have to go back out and reclick all that stuff in the menu every time.

Alright, so I finally managed to just barely make 2880 on the Pure Electro Hypostasis. Not exactly 3k, but it's the bare minimum to reach the full score of 20k...if I can get at least 2860 on every other challenge. Which, considering how much trouble I've had with just the first one...oof.

On to the next one, I guess. What is the trick to keeping the Pure Anemo Hypostasis from doing that vacuum thing that hits the whole arena and allows it to heal itself? I've seen mention of getting it to absorb a non-Anemo Elemental Orb instead, but not only do I not yet fully understand how to generate an Elemental Orb, but even when I have, the stupid thing still absorbs the Anemo Orbs first. What am I missing?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Alright, so I finally managed to just barely make 2880 on the Pure Electro Hypostasis. Not exactly 3k, but it's the bare minimum to reach the full score of 20k...if I can get at least 2860 on every other challenge. Which, considering how much trouble I've had with just the first one...oof.

On to the next one, I guess. What is the trick to keeping the Pure Anemo Hypostasis from doing that vacuum thing that hits the whole arena and allows it to heal itself? I've seen mention of getting it to absorb a non-Anemo Elemental Orb instead, but not only do I not yet fully understand how to generate an Elemental Orb, but even when I have, the stupid thing still absorbs the Anemo Orbs first. What am I missing?
    You have to fly up, go over it and then smash it to stop the aoe attack.

(i abused venti...)

But if you mean the part when it goes aoe that it consumes from tornados, you gota fly up and pick that shit from top (that is a waste of dps btw).