Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

You will take on the role of a Rogue Trader, a scion of an ancient dynasty of daring privateers, that reign over their own merchant empire and explore the fringes of Imperial space with the blessing of the Emperor Himself. Thanks to their Warrant of Trade - the Rogue Trader is endowed with privileges and power beyond imagination as well as the task of expanding the borders of the Imperium. At their disposal is a gargantuan voidship of immense power and innumerable servants and personnel ready to do the bidding of their lord. Their adventures begin in the vast Koronus Expanse - a treacherous region of unexplored space at the edge of Humanity’s domain.

Exploration will bring the protagonist to mysterious lost and forgotten worlds as well as numerous planets claimed by humanity - from lush Agri-Worlds to steel-clad Forge Worlds, all of them ready to be claimed for your burgeoning merchant empire or plundered for their riches. While travelling between the stars, get ready to come across potential allies and dangerous enemies of the Imperium, Chaos cults and alien Xenos counting among the most treacherous and deadly.

You will make fateful decisions that affect the lives of entire worlds. You will prove your strategic and tactical skills in high-impact turn-based battles against powerful opponents.

No Rogue Trader travels alone: on this dangerous journey into the unknown, you will meet faithful and sophisticated companions. Imagine fighting alongside a mighty power armoured Space Marine, a lethal Aeldari Ranger, or even a courageous Sister of Battle armed with bolter and ardent prayer - these characters and many others will join you. Become a Rogue Trader endowed with great authority, discover new worlds and shape the future of the Imperium! Join this fantastic story!
    https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/

From the developers of Pathfinder crpg games, very excited about this one

Sold as soon as I saw, Owlcat. That it is 40k is icing on the cake.

Love Pathfinder and i love 40k so very much looking forward to this.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Although this possibly means Owlcat won't be working on any more Paizo/Pathfinder games. Which is sad.

There was a space graphic on their website prior to this announcement and people assumed it was either Starfinder or possibly Strange Aeos module. Paizo confirmed Owlcat was no longer working on a Pathfinder or Starfinder game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I went through both pathfinders after they announced this and they were pretty great even though the first had some big flaws.

Only hope they cut down on the kingdom/crusade management esc systems those were a right pain and I ended up modding them both to be trivial but still annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus checked the collectors edition price and it’s 300$ for not a whole lot, double what the DoS2 one with just a cloth banner replacing a second book.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I went through both pathfinders after they announced this and they were pretty great even though the first had some big flaws.

Only hope they cut down on the kingdom/crusade management esc systems those were a right pain and I ended up modding them both to be trivial but still annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus checked the collectors edition price and it’s 300$ for not a whole lot, double what the DoS2 one with just a cloth banner replacing a second book.
    I feel they made good improvements in wrath over kingmaker so thinking they will do the same with this but yeah the Kingdom and crusade management part could use some work but i bet Rogue Trader will have something similar with the ship.

Looks awesome though not sure how only turn based will feel but we will see it looks great so far.

And yeah no collectors for me i rarely buy those anymore but i did buy a founders pack.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-11-18 at 07:37 AM.

Owlcat is still supporting Wrath of the Righteous too. They released a bunch of very DLC, free updates and plan on more DLC/updates to come. So there is a good chance, Rogue Trader will receive the same support if it is successful.

Alpha is out. A lot of positive buzz, game is still rough though.

Man i cant wait for this played a ton of wrath of the righeous such a great game, i bought the 49.99$ pack though so wont be getting alpha only beta later on.

But watching coohcarnage footage yeah its alpha but looks very nice still i think this one is going to be amazing or i sure hope so. Easily my most wanted game of 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Man i cant wait for this played a ton of wrath of the righeous such a great game
    It might be one of my favorite RPGs of all time. I cross the 500 hours played mark a few days ago. Only realizing how many times I went through the game from day 1 at that time. I probably did like 12 playthroughs of the game at this point. To say it is a rarity for me to play any game for more than 20 hours would be an understatement.

300 hours or so I sunk into Kingmaker.

I don't even like fantasy of the D&D style. Owlcat make terrific games to my tastes though, with my favorite fictional sci-fi setting? How can I pay you more, Owlcat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Although this possibly means Owlcat won't be working on any more Paizo/Pathfinder games. Which is sad.

There was a space graphic on their website prior to this announcement and people assumed it was either Starfinder or possibly Strange Aeos module. Paizo confirmed Owlcat was no longer working on a Pathfinder or Starfinder game.
    They have said that they now have two teams one is doing Rogue Trader the other is doing WoTR DLC so it very well could be we will get more PF games

Didn't expect beta so soon but very nice.

1+ Year Old Account
    Yep. It's on my radar of games I intend to play this year.

Diablo 4 into Baldur's Gate 3. Then Rogue Trader, Space Marine 2, Homeworld 3, and end the year with Starfield for the long run.

I'm a WoW player but I quit a couple of weeks ago because the game is just fucking BORING right now. The new class sucks ass at PVP, especially warmode, 1v1 and random bgs, that I like to do, and the new race can only be the new class, so that's dead content for me. Blizzard destroyed my BM and MM hunter for PVP, so my hunter is also dead content. And also there are no other options for my playstyle, so fuck this shit, I'll probably check WoW again sometime early next year to see if anything changed.

the upcoming isometric cRPG from Owlcat Games set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe that will be released on December 7, 2023 for PC – and now also confirmed for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Mac

Man i cant wait for this especially since coop is also confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

In our new game, Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, we've introduced a lot of unique and unusual mechanics that were not present in our previous projects. We decided to not stop there and took it a step further.

Since the very first day we started working on Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader, we've concluded that travelling across the Koronus Expanse with a friend would be a lot more fun, and now we're excited to finally announce it! Cooperative mode will be available on PC at launch and introduced to consoles at a later date!

It is shocking how stacked 2023 has been for games for me. I was expecting RT to be next year.

WH40k has had such a good run of games these past few years.

getting real tired of turn based RPGs, especially in the 40k universe
    hopefully this doesn't become a massive trend because of bug-dur's gate 3: trash tier from act 3 onward GOTY edition

last ARPG we got was Inquisitor: Martyr

Can't we get a 3rd person RPG or something a la Mass Effect, less action-y than Space Marine maybe but more tactical like ME was?

At least this doesn't have to godawful xcom type chance to hit combat...hey enjoy save scumming? This is the game for you!