Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Some news. There was a datamine of Jean and Diluc banner.
    Have we gotten any more information, official or otherwise, as to which banner Rosaria might be on?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    There are a number of the English cast who stream it regularly. I know Jen Losi (Ganyu) has "theorycrafting Thursdays" and they're all about giving advice to chat. Often joined by the director Chris Faiella and some others.
    It's nice to see when the va actually plays the games they're in, but her ganyu is awful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Have we gotten any more information, official or otherwise, as to which banner Rosaria might be on?
    Its unknown since its just banner name in the text. Not the image.

Im starting to get worried about my Hu Tao...

I am leveling her up little bit little BUT the damage numbers are still so small...
    Im level 80
    My talents are at 6!
    My artifacts give me 50 crit rate AND 200 crit damage....yeah insane already but they are not maxed yet
    Weapon at level 80 but unlocked already to 90

And my charged attacks are hitting....17k i think...maybe even less

I can only max my artifacts and get her to 90 at this point...but the damage numbers are "meh"

Am i the only one?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-03-05 at 05:24 PM.

As far as this event goes: is there going to be some active combat after the investigations are done or is this whole thing really just glorified expeditions?

As far as the streamers go: what exactly are you people looking for? Good gameplay? Good comp advice? Good build advice?

If good gameplay: why? This isn't exactly CS:GO. Most of you have said the game is easy as it is, so why do you even want to watch someone who is "good" at it?
    If comp/build advice: Isn't all of that pretty much known without watching it in video format?

If you just like to watch streams: I'm definitely not someone who understands the whole "lets play stuff together and bullshit in chat like we're all actual friends hanging out at a house!" I suppose that's just not my type of social interaction activity.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I think I'll go for Jean as the next 5* (although it will most likely be a 50/50 because I'm probably not going to have 90 pulls ready if she shows up in 1 month from now.)

Venti is strong, but I wouldn't know where to put him in.
    Fischl is strong too and I already don't know where and when to use her.
    Jean however, since she also fills the healer spot, is good in every team due to the -RES% support AND the healing.

A character like her seems to be good for any team there is, the only team comp that wouldn't benefit as much is a physical DPS team.
    Since she can push characters away, it's also useful for stacking up enemies.

Well, either Jean or Zhongli. Zhongli is just as powerful.
    I mean, lets face is, Bennett is awesome, but even he won't add as much as a healing -40%res machine
    https://twitter.com/M1NTSUBA/status/1365152373035962370 Just a leak though, but apparently a trusted leaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Some news. There was a datamine of Jean and Diluc banner.
    Ok datamine is way more solid than leak. Got link?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Im starting to get worried about my Hu Tao...

I am leveling her up little bit little BUT the damage numbers are still so small...
    Im level 80
    My talents are at 6!
    My artifacts give me 50 crit rate AND 200 crit damage....yeah insane already but they are not maxed yet
    Weapon at level 80 but unlocked already to 90

And my charged attacks are hitting....17k i think...maybe even less

I can only max my artifacts and get her to 90 at this point...but the damage numbers are "meh"

Am i the only one?
    um...that's pretty standard. I'm not sure what you're expecting? 100k charged attacks? Also, getting hu tao to 90 actually makes more of a difference than other characters because of the hp scaling. Also, staff of homa makes a big difference, idk if you have that.

To give you context, I have lv 9 normal attack talent, 190% crit damage, and staff of homa...and my charged attacks do 25k (with no vape or melt). So it's not that far off.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    um...that's pretty standard. I'm not sure what you're expecting? 100k charged attacks? Also, getting hu tao to 90 actually makes more of a difference than other characters because of the hp scaling. Also, staff of homa makes a big difference, idk if you have that.

To give you context, I have lv 9 normal attack talent, 190% crit damage, and staff of homa...and my charged attacks do 25k (with no vape or melt). So it's not that far off.
    Oh good to know! Thanks...i was expecting more for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/M1NTSUBA/status/1365152373035962370 Just a leak though, but apparently a trusted leaker.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok datamine is way more solid than leak. Got link?
    https://tiebac.baidu.com/p/7232183942

...that site translate tho...
    If you have walnuts, you don’t need Diluk. If you don’t have a piano, you can smoke. The piano is the last useful milk.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    As far as the streamers go: what exactly are you people looking for? Good gameplay? Good comp advice? Good build advice?

If good gameplay: why? This isn't exactly CS:GO. Most of you have said the game is easy as it is, so why do you even want to watch someone who is "good" at it
    Because, watching someone do abyss 12 while facetanking shit that they're fine but one shots me is fucking annoying. It aggravates the hell out of me watching people who just pay money and don't actually play the damn game. I want to get entertainment watching people who actually are good at games.

I know there are people are who going to take this the wrong way so I'm gunna clarify it now. I'm not saying it's not possible to do what those streamers are doing normally, but it's painfully obvious they are terrible gamers.

So yea, I guess to answer your question, good gameplay. Not because I "need it" but for entertainment.

Btw, were you the one who talked about childe being hard when it was released? Well, those whales never even did it properly. They just facetanked and clear it in 2 seconds.

Anyways, I guess genshin is catered to casual gamers so that's what there's going to be a lot of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Oh good to know! Thanks...i was expecting more for some reason.
    If you do 17k per charged attack, add that like 6 more times and that's pretty solid in every E cycle. Then you add in the dot damage and the burst and that's what you should actually look at.

Let me tell you something upfront though, hu tao is not an outrageously broken op character like ganyu. She's pretty "balanced". For the whales though, she is outrageous...like any other character would be for whales.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pulling for Hu tao and got diluc (not gonna complain since i didnt have him yet) but i really want hu tao.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's nice to see when the va actually plays the games they're in, but her ganyu is awful
    Yes, I'm sure the entire English cast is awful, only the Japanese is good

had 3 character pulls on this banner so far across my 2 accounts and all 3 have been Chongyun.

So yea, I guess to answer your question, good gameplay. Not because I "need it" but for entertainment.
    Yeah, this is beyond me because I hate watching people do stuff in general and prefer to do it myself. Only time I watch people do things is when I'm looking for something specific to learn from them, but twitch could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't blink an eye :P. A part of streaming culture (or sportsball watching for that matter) I am not. I get where you're coming from now, though. Sucks that there aren't any "Shrouds" of genshin impact.

Btw, were you the one who talked about childe being hard when it was released? Well, those whales never even did it properly. They just facetanked and clear it in seconds.
    I think the only stuff I've talked about regarding childe fight was the fact that I was pissed they nerfed it and it was fun having something more challenging than typical in the game. OG childe fight represents what I want more out of the game: something with more difficult mechanics and more punishment, but very flexible on team comps due to no damage immunities. You just have (had?) to be good at dodging, getting reactions off, and damage dumping at appropriate times to cancel certain other mechanics.

Now? I literally 1 shot him into phase 2, then 3 shot him into phase 3, then 1/2 the time he glitches out and just stands there getting #shrekd for like 15 seconds, maybe getting a total of 3-6 attacks off. This is on max difficulty...

1st, that's not really what I said. 2nd, the whole point of what I wrote is that's the kind of stats you'd need if you want to do like 200k+ damage. 3rd, having 1 main dps with stats around that range would make 3* all of abyss not a royal pain in the ass to do every reset. If you don't care about that then stats don't matter at all. You can kill shit in the world without any gear at all, it's a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea that's been my experience too. All the streamers are mega whales who are just not good at the game. It's painful to watch if I'm being honest.
    Sounds kinda judgy, coming from a person who needs some over the top stats to clear abyss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the entire English cast is awful, only the Japanese is good
    I meant her character doing terrible damage. I play in english

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    But you can't really whale your way into "facetanking everything".

Hell, no one who whales is even focusing on defensive stats most of the time. There's a good chance that you have more defensive stats on your artifacts than most whales, since they're spending primos on refreshes to get perfect DPS artifacts.
    um....yes you can. It's called, killing shit in 2 seconds so any damage you take doesn't matter. I never go for defensive stats. I can't kill stuff as fast so I actually have to...play the game properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Sounds kinda judgy, coming from a person who needs some over the top stats to clear abyss.
    Again, never said that. I can clear abyss easily. Come to me when you can 9* floor 12 every reset with sub par stats. In before "I do that".

Doing it once for the challenge is nice and all, but doing it every reset is just annoying. It's nice to have that cushion for the repeated clears.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-03-05 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ok, so you were just bullshitting about how they're "facetanking things that one shot me" since that's not what's happening.

So what you really meant was they're doing more damage and/or just not getting hit, which makes your attempt at trashtalking other players a lot less effective.
    uh what? I'm seriously wondering if you even realize how much stronger these characters are with money put into them lol. I'm actually experiencing it atm with hu tao and staff of homa and it's still like half of what she could be at full potential (with c6 and r5 homa and better artifacts I guess).

Anyways, they are definitely taking damage but it doesn't matter if the fight only lasts like 10 seconds. The longer the fight, the less room there is to take hits which requires actual better play.

uh what? I'm seriously wondering if you even realize how much stronger these characters are with money put into them lol. I'm actually experiencing it atm with hu tao and staff of homa and it's still like half of what she could be at full potential (with c6 and r5 homa and better artifacts I guess).

Anyways, they are definitely taking damage but it doesn't matter if the fight only lasts like 10 seconds. The longer the fight, the less room there is to take hits which requires actual better play.
    I really don't get the problem here. It is not hard to facetank floor 12 of the abyss, the secret lies in using your bursts at the right time. This is something everyone that has a moderately fast cleartime does.

You don't need C6 and an R5 Homa to obliterate some floors.

um....yes you can. It's called, killing shit in 2 seconds so any damage you take doesn't matter. I never go for defensive stats. I can't kill stuff as fast so I actually have to...play the game properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, never said that. I can clear abyss easily. Come to me when you can 9* floor 12 every reset with sub par stats. In before "I do that".

Doing it once for the challenge is nice and all, but doing it every reset is just annoying. It's nice to have that cushion for the repeated clears.
    Here's where we collectively take a sneaky peek at your hoyolabs account. In before <insert some lame excuse here>.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Here's where we collectively take a sneaky peek at your hoyolabs account. In before <insert some lame excuse here>.
    what lame excuse?