What makes people think they deserve at least one trip to Disney World?

What is so special about Disney World? Humanity will have to evolve past excessive materialism if it wants to save the world from climate change. There are experiences much better than a trip to a theme park on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    What is so special about Disney World? Humanity will have to evolve past excessive materialism if it wants to save the world from climate change. There are experiences much better than a trip to a theme park on steroids.
    Is there a reason you don't actually give an example for what your newest complaint is about half the time (I'm being generous)? Outside of a handful of bratty children, I don't see this as a widespread problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody thinks they deserve a trip to Didney.

/Thread
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of said concept... What does this have to do with cheerleaders?

As a side note... Disney land really sucks for a 6 foot tall 14 year old... Vegas was fun...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Doubtful there are a significant number of people that think they "deserve" a trip to Disney World. But it is a fun thing to do for many people and that is as valid and rational a reason for wanting to go as seeing the Eiffel Tower, for example.

Your concept or preference for what is fun or engaging (provided it is legal and relatively healthy) is not any better or worse than next guy's preference and engagement. Get over it, bros. The world is wide enough.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2020-09-28 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can blame a lot of that bullshit on Mickey Rats marketing, making everyone who can't afford Disney feel like shit. It's no wonder. That marketing even worked on me, I will admit it growing up nothing more in the world I wanted to do as a child than LIVE at DISNEY, wouldn't that be fucking SWELL.

So now as an Adult I am obsessed with it, but over the years growing up poor and fucking any only dreaming of it, to now, Pandemic Aside being able to go, yeah DISNEY IS FUCKING EXPENSIVE AS SHIT.

And so far what I have learned from those that been to Disney land and World, that is the common theme.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I lived and worked (cast member & chef) at Disney World.

It's not that great, guys.

I've never heard of this idea before. Lot of people certainly think it's a treat to go to Disney World but I don't know many people who feel entitled to it. I've been to both Disneyland and Disneyworld and found both to be meh. Especially the latter actually, since I hate Florida weather.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I lived and worked (cast member & chef) at Disney World.

It's not that great, guys.
    I have never heard working at Disney World to be anything, but a horror show...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I deserve trips because I work my ass off to be able to afford it.

Nevertheless...on the list of hundreds of places I've been to and thousands of places I want to go to....Disneyland is somewhere near the rock bottom.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's 2020 why the hell would anyone want to go to one of these places due to various reasons: health, political and social j.

I demand social welfare for everyone to visit Disneyland (just the gates)!

It’s fun to go to when you’re a little kid, but not so much when you’re an adult unless you’re a parent.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've always liked heavily thematic experiences and I thought it was fun as a kid. As an adult I'd obviously like more aggressive rides but then it would be less kid-friendly, so it's a catch-22.

Humanity will have to evolve past excessive materialism if it wants to save the world from climate change.
    So normal people can't have fun and have to live like paupers because a few people are obsessed with doomsday prophecies.