10+ Year Old Account

Should I use my level 120 boost now or wait for prepatch?

I know prepatch is next week but I already decided on what class to use my level 120 boost and I'm not sure if there's any difference between doing it now or next week that I may be missing. I guess having a 120 now allows me 2 more resets of farming rare mounts from MOP-WoD.

Also on that note, is there any difference between boosting a lvl 1 character or a class trial? The only thing I can think of is if I create a level 1 and do Exile's reach on prepatch I can unlock a few of the new transmogs, but the class trial includes a bag of assorted stuff which I cant remember if it's useful at all. Any thoughts?

No real difference.

Also exiles reach in full including the dungeon takes about 40mins. So if you just want the mogs thats pretty easy to do.

I would do now if you want to farm tmogs. Because there is a 24hour cooldown I believe after boosting before you can do raids.

I also would do it now, as if you keep in mind, that during pre-patch there are rares that you can farm for gear as a catch up mechanic. That will make things so much easier on you in Shadowlands and should make leveling easier on you as well.