Poll: Your opinion on these issues

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    I'm not interested in BC if this meta of "Clear the new raid/raids in 2 weeks tops, then farm them for 6 months while we arbitrarily wait for the next raid to open, gathering more and more BiS, thus ensuring the cycle continues" thing keeps happening.

Like, it's baffling that people keep playing classic like this, to me. What's the point. I would do like a 2 months on, 4 months off kind of playstyle if I could, but guilds understandably kinda want you to keep showing up to keep your spot.
    I played Classic for around 2 months, and I very much enjoyed the experience, well worth the 30 dollars. Probably gonna play TBC until I'm bored and then move on to further enrich my life.
    Who are these guilds that can magically force you to play? Must be some dark magic I'm not familiar with, spooky.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    The way I see it happening...
    The way i see it happening is this:

Blizzard ask for more feedback, maybe via an email again. They take all the feedback and all other factors into account, and make a decision based on that. They publicly announce their decision, and it is met with immediate backlash. As the date approaches, they explain it again and again, on various forums / sites / in game / the launcher. The date comes, and a whole bunch of people scream and yell and claim Blizzard "never told us anything about this!" and Blizzard spend the first 2 weeks answering questions that have been answered weeks ago.

No matter what blizzard do here, people will lose their shit and demand everyone boycott Blizzard. They will also insist that "the majority" of players agree with them, even if thats entirely false (highly likely)

Was BC confirmed or is this speculation?

Let classic servers upgrade to TBC, that way in 15 years we can have a wow classic classic

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    The way I see it happening will be that players will be given two options:

1. Leave your character as is on the Classic server it is on
    2. Transfer your character to the BC server at level 60. Allow all items to copy over.

They will then allow new characters, of course, to be created on that server and probably a few "fresh" servers without copy ability. It is the only way to appease everyone.
    I think people don't realize these are two separate games, they do not share a client. Just like current BFA does not share the same client. They might be derived from the same base, but just like you are derived from your parents, you are not either of them.

What you're saying is the most likely option, and people will have to install two different clients.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marakara View Post
    Let classic servers upgrade to TBC, that way in 15 years we can have a wow classic classic
    Classic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    It came to me in a vision. I may have been high on PCP, no way to know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I think vanilla should stay in vanilla aka classic vanilla should stay I think classic TBC should be totally separate I dont think people should be able to carry over 500,000G and t3+legendary chars into TBC like that hell nah, they should level it from 1

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    I think people don't realize these are two separate games, they do not share a client. Just like current BFA does not share the same client. They might be derived from the same base, but just like you are derived from your parents, you are not either of them.

What you're saying is the most likely option, and people will have to install two different clients.
    I can't see them requiring another client for TBC. But they absolutely could. I just think people will lose their shit for needing the extra disk space. Hell look at retail. When the SL prepatch went up for download, people bitched it was a bunch of extra GB than expected.

But thinking about it, as I type it, I'm not sure if the client supports different rulesets per server, which would be necessary to put everything in one client so you may be completely right. Just like the PTR is a separate client.

If they make a new client, then absolutely I can only see them doing it this way because it will require moving a character to an entirely different data center.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I think vanilla should stay in vanilla aka classic vanilla should stay I think classic TBC should be totally separate I dont think people should be able to carry over 500,000G and t3+legendary chars into TBC like that hell nah, they should level it from 1
    Why? They were able to do that in retail vanilla. There is no way in hell Blizzard will be like "thanks for leveling to 60. Now start over." They will do that with some servers I bet, for people who want that fresh start, but no way they do it for everyone. There just no way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivank0v View Post
    No concrete confirmation other than leaks and the e-mail they sent out asking about how players would like to progress to BC. It's rumored it will be announced at the Online Con since why would they even put the money into the online con unless they have pertinent info for some game. D4 is still way out to be the keynote for the con.

The racial issues are just inevitable imo. Whether you have pre or post 2.3 racials, the overwhelming majority of pvp specific players will just go horde this expansion. Unless they completely redo them which would honestly be quite silly and very possibly damaging.

The same thing is more than likely going to happen when wotlk hits. Everyone and their dog is going to go human if they can.

As for the servers, yes they need to do a fresh option imo. And I know a ton of people hated this idea, but when they had that survey up that asked for a 58 character starter, I think this also needs to be attached to the fresh server option.

Classic players don’t really grasp this too much, but there is actually a massive play base who just wants to play tbc, and didn’t want to and has no desire to play classic. This fresh 58 option is going to be EXTREMELY attractive to a lot of players to jump in and test out tbc right away.

Quote Originally Posted by satella View Post
    I played Classic for around 2 months, and I very much enjoyed the experience, well worth the 30 dollars. Probably gonna play TBC until I'm bored and then move on to further enrich my life.
    Who are these guilds that can magically force you to play? Must be some dark magic I'm not familiar with, spooky.
    Not force, but to keep your spot. Since i'm taking a break now, the chances that i'm gonna be able to come back to the same guild for naxx are pretty slim. And i'm not interested in finding another guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    The racial issues are just inevitable imo. Whether you have pre or post 2.3 racials, the overwhelming majority of pvp specific players will just go horde this expansion. Unless they completely redo them which would honestly be quite silly and very possibly damaging.

The same thing is more than likely going to happen when wotlk hits. Everyone and their dog is going to go human if they can.

As for the servers, yes they need to do a fresh option imo. And I know a ton of people hated this idea, but when they had that survey up that asked for a 58 character starter, I think this also needs to be attached to the fresh server option.

Classic players don’t really grasp this too much, but there is actually a massive play base who just wants to play tbc, and didn’t want to and has no desire to play classic. This fresh 58 option is going to be EXTREMELY attractive to a lot of players to jump in and test out tbc right away.
    Fresh 58 is going to lead to 80% of dps players playing warlock, for PvE AND PvP. That's the biggest downside I can foresee from that. And also everyone getting a "free" transmute alt army will fuck with the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Not force, but to keep your spot. Since i'm taking a break now, the chances that i'm gonna be able to come back to the same guild for naxx are pretty slim. And i'm not interested in finding another guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Fresh 58 is going to lead to 80% of dps players playing warlock, for PvE AND PvP. That's the biggest downside I can foresee from that. And also everyone getting a "free" transmute alt army will fuck with the economy.
    Obviously there should be limitations. Like one character per account and limit it to a certain time frame or something so people can’t make them left or right for years.

If people all roll warlocks then they are just screwing themselves over. This isn’t classic vanilla, class stacking isn’t near as big, you need other classes.

I don't think there needs to be pre-mades they only need to have a two week pre-patch period with tbc talents and classes/races but without the dark portal being open. its either that or ppl are just going to have to do it the same way it was done the first time and just level up get ppl to boost you if you can. getting to 58 would probably only take a few days of dungeon farming at that point since i'm pretty sure the exp to 60 was lowered so it wasn't as bad. you won't make the first wave to 70 but you'll definitely not miss anything not being 70 in the first week. I didn't make it to 60 in classics first week, i think we did mc in week 2 so missing that first lockout didn't really matter. getting 25 ppl ready for grull or 10 ppl attuned to karazhan seems more likely for the average guild to be a week 2 thing. no doubt there will be t4 clears in week one, but I think the average will be week 2. if there is layering which there likely will be in hellfire, then ofc there is going to be an economy hit, but tbh it'll probably balance out better than it does in classic with so many raiding guilds on one server.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-28 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    I don't think there needs to be pre-mades they only need to have a two week pre-patch period with tbc talents and classes/races but without the dark portal being open. its either that or ppl are just going to have to do it the same way it was done the first time and just level up get ppl to boost you if you can. getting to 58 would probably only take a few days of dungeon farming at that point since i'm pretty sure the exp to 60 was lowered so it wasn't as bad. you won't make the first wave to 70 but you'll definitely not miss anything not being 70 in the first week. I didn't make it to 60 in classics first week, i think we did mc in week 2 so missing that first lockout didn't really matter. getting 25 ppl ready for grull or 10 ppl attuned to karazhan seems more likely for the average guild to be a week 2 thing. no doubt there will be t4 clears in week one, but I think the average will be week 2. if there is layering which there likely will be in hellfire, then ofc there is going to be an economy hit, but tbh it'll probably balance out better than it does in classic with so many raiding guilds on one server.
    I honestly see no harm in having premades. There’s a ton of people I know who had no interest in playing classic and love tbc and I think this would not only draw in more players, but also save players from unsubbing who get leveling fatigue from Azeroth. Yeah you could argue they shouldn’t be playing classic if they don’t want to level, but that’s a pretty subjective statement.

I use to be hardcore no changes and all that but after seeing how the classic community took to the game and how they manipulate it, something like a fresh 58 will probably go unnoticed a week or two into the game

I just think there is perhaps some exploitation issues involved in giving ppl free reign on creating fresh 58s and spamming the first bunch of quests inside hellfire. likewise its weighted against those who DO want to go through the levelling and not just skip ahead, you're still going to have ppl wanting to go through the level up period but if most ppl start at 58 there won't be a lot of groups going for the ones actually levelling characters. you'd pretty much kill the sub 58 game off entirely. given the choice the majority would then just spawn 58s from the ether rather than level them up. path of least resistance etc. there is a bit of a gating system in place where you have a variety of quests in this game that you can only do once per character but its balanced around the idea that you won't instantly spawn in a new character that level and continually complete a quest that would have otherwise taken you days to reach again.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-28 at 02:29 AM.

Options. Have servers to copy characters over. Have servers where everyone starts fresh.
    The only issue here is segmenting the Classic playerbase like that. But I think it's still the best option. What's the alternative? Obviously players will be able to continue their characters into TBC. So the only question is if there will be brand new fresh servers alongside. And I think there should be. Players who haven't played Classic don't want to be so far behind compared to all the already 60s on the server. And if you think back to TBC days there were constantly new servers being created, so it's still recreating the same experience.

As far as it's impact on me...I'll only play TBC if there are fresh server options. Not to go into great detail, but I feel like Blizz dropped the ball on certain design choices with Classic so I stopped playing it very early on. I want to play on a TBC server where everyone is starting out at level 1.

I just think there is perhaps some exploitation issues involved in giving ppl free reign on creating fresh 58s and spamming the first bunch of quests inside hellfire. likewise its weighted against those who DO want to go through the levelling and not just skip ahead, you're still going to have ppl wanting to go through the level up period but if most ppl start at 58 there won't be a lot of groups going for the ones actually levelling characters. you'd pretty much kill the sub 58 game off entirely. given the choice the majority would then just spawn 58s from the ether rather than level them up. path of least resistance etc. there is a bit of a gating system in place where you have a variety of quests in this game that you can only do once per character but its balanced around the idea that you won't instantly spawn in a new character that level and continually complete a quest that would have otherwise taken you days to reach again.
    Create limitations so you can’t just spam level 58s on a single account. If people make multiple accounts to make level 58s they are just wasting their own money tbh which is good for blizzard. Also make it time limited like only the 58 creation for a month or two.

Also, let’s not fool ourselves here Sub 58 is already dead my friend. This isn’t killing it anymore than it already is lol. I don’t think the excuse “but what about level 1-57” is applicable her.

Paladins need to be balanced they need to make mana less of an issue and give both factions same seals for it to be fair.

Racials is the big questions Alliance neeeeeds major rework to make them better for both pve and pvp.

there are still ppl levelling my druid is nearly 58 it is going to be mostly alts at this stage but I did see a warlock in the global chats the last few days talking about how hes new to the game and its his first char hes ever made, he was looking for tips on where to quest at 56. I've mostly just played my druid when it had double exp, its taken me 7 1/2 days to reach 57 1/2 as full resto. mainly grouped with my bro who is feral though. but the early game does teach ppl some aspect of their character and the fresh 58 idea is how you end up with loads of ebay skilled players. where they jump into this higher level character and have no clue what they are doing. end up doing runs with ppl who you end up carrying because they are either dead weight or ass pull constantly.

I feel if ppl want to play tbc then level a character now so its ready for when tbc comes a long, there is likely more than 6 months of classic left so you have plenty of time to chip away at a character until its 58. even if you played it 1hr a day it would likely reach 58 before we get tbc. you aren't going to have levelled professions and reputations all set to exalted, so if you want any of that you'll have to grind it out.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-28 at 12:47 PM.

there are still ppl levelling my druid is nearly 58 it is going to be mostly alts at this stage but I did see a warlock in the global chats the last few days talking about how hes new to the game and its his first char hes ever made, he was looking for tips on where to quest at 56. I've mostly just played my druid when it had double exp, its taken me 7 1/2 days to reach 57 1/2 as full resto. mainly grouped with my bro who is feral though. but the early game does teach ppl some aspect of their character and the fresh 58 idea is how you end up with loads of ebay skilled players. where they jump into this higher level character and have no clue what they are doing. end up doing runs with ppl who you end up carrying because they are either dead weight or ass pull constantly.

I feel if ppl want to play tbc then level a character now so its ready for when tbc comes a long, there is likely more than 6 months of classic left so you have plenty of time to chip away at a character until its 58. even if you played it 1hr a day it would likely reach 58 before we get tbc. you aren't going to have levelled professions and reputations all set to exalted, so if you want any of that you'll have to grind it out.
    I think your stories basically confirmed what I said about 1-58. The fact that specifically remember a specific person talking about how he is new shows how dead 1-58 is. Everyone and their dog know what 1-58 is like, most just get boosted in dungeons.

If anyone knows wow even remotely they can learn their class just fine 58-70, the saying "You learn your class from 1-whatever through leveling" is just silly now tbh. Don't get me wrong I love leveling, when it's fresh and the world is populated. But forcing someone to level through 1-58 when it's pretty dead or just a boost feast when they just want to get into BC is just silly.

I dunno I just don't see why ppl feel entitled to a levelled character for what is essentially 'not being bothered to play the game'.

I can't be bothered to play the game, give me free shit. why? this is what fucked the retail game. when all sense of effort means nothing when you're spawning shit into the game from nowhere.

its not dead at the moment because you don't get free 58s so if you want a 58 you have to fucking level one up. the only way to get a 58 is by going from 1 to fucking 58. no one joined this game and magically just had a 58, we all had to go through the tedium of levelling it up.

its just that concept of 'why bothered levelling to 70 when I can just wait for wrath and get a free 58 there' as everyone and their dog rolls death knights but I don't want my deathknight to start at 58 I want it to start at 68 so I don't have to go through tbc.. with it being tbc the gap between one expansion and the next isn't that far, you don't have some interim expansion or multiple dead expansions, you have the core levelling experience then outland..
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-09-28 at 02:23 PM.

I dunno I just don't see why ppl feel entitled to a levelled character for what is essentially 'not being bothered to play the game'.

I can't be bothered to play the game, give me free shit. why? this is what fucked the retail game. when all sense of effort means nothing when you're spawning shit into the game from nowhere.

its not dead at the moment because you don't get free 58s so if you want a 58 you have to fucking level one up. the only way to get a 58 is by going from 1 to fucking 58. no one joined this game and magically just had a 58, we all had to go through the tedium of levelling it up.
    The leveling is dead my friend, you had an anecdotal example and it was literally just pointing out a single guy who was leveling for the first time lol.

There is no 'entitlement' here, it's just getting people into the 'real' game quicker. TBC was no about leveling 1-58. Christ everyone and their dog knows how leveling 1-58 is being done in mass right now, and how it will be once tbc hits. Dungeon carrying nonstop. Wow such an exhilarating experience for leveling right there, thank god we are sitting there playing that and learning our class through dungeon carrying.