Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    @Biglog,

I have an assertion that anyone who uses Erdogan and Ottoman in the same sentence is pretty much clueless when it comes to geopolitics and are pathologically delusional. My assertion has never failed so var.

The delusions and ignorance of haters of Turkey, such as our distinguished analyst @Biglog, has reached to extreme levels, to the point where they think Russia's position w.r.t recent developments benefits Armenia. Only a fool would consider current Russia/Armenian relations as "good". Russian inaction was a response to European orientation that Armenia was shifting to. Let me tell you what happened, Russia now got Armenia from the balls with a finger in the ass. Armenians know it too, that's why they are furious to Russians.

The same people think West has betrayed Armenia but you would consider that as the case only if you swallowed bullshits coming out of the donkey called Macron. Armenians and their diaspora are nothing more than "votes" to the West.

Delusionals and co. think faith of NK tbd. What are you guys smoking really? I want that too. Azerbaijan has just reclaimed the control of NK, economical, political or otherwise. Azerbaijan, per the agreement, can not militarize NK but that is not required as Susha and other surrounding regions can be armed to teeth for defensive purposes.

---

We Turks got what we wanted. A tax-free road connection Turkey to the East and our brothers in Azerbaijan regaining the control of their land. Nothing less than justice. Russia got what they wanted, see the finger and the balls reference. The only loser here is Armenia and they deserved it. This is what happens when you do not even attempt to negotiate a permanent peace deal when you have the upper hand.

Now that Karabag problem is solved, perhaps we can also normalize the relations with Armenia by negotiating to open borders as borders were closed because of Karabag problem.

---

Azerbaijan is not at war with Russia. The downed chopper was Russian chopper with Russian serviceman inside. Apology was the only appropriate response.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like our soldiers will be peace keeping in NK as well. It appears that the headquarters of the peace keeping soldiers will be in Hankenti (Xankendi). Turkey now will have a permanent base in previously-Armenian-occupied districts and potentially in the region of NK (possibly in future). TAF presence will rule out future Armenian aggression. We have solved the issue in 44 days, the issue that Minsk group couldn't solve in 30 years. That's how you get shit done.

I may visit the region in the coming years when the dust settles down. I bet the cuisine is great.
    I was referring to this: "some obvious conclusions should be drawn, like would they apologise if that was Armenian Mi-24, for one?"

sip.
    I agree that at least we can hope for a normalization, at least to the level of what we have currently in Kosovo (our peacekeepers have been there for over 20 years now...).

Armenia was effectively stuck in a gridlock for too long : you clearly have a problem when arguably the last remaining friendly neighbor you have left is Iran... (I guess one cannot hope to be both Israel and Gaza at the same time...).

Now we'll get to see if it was Pahinyan's master plan to use that to clear and pave the way for joining the EU.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Turkish land grabs and military aggression aimed at Armenians has an unfortunate history of ending in genocide.

Turkish military engagements of any kind in recent years have an unfortunate tendency to end in population displacement and decapitations.

So yeah.... That's that.
    1) Which land grab are you talking about? The last War between the two countries was Armenians trying to grab Ottoman/Turkey lands.

2) Which engagement caused a population displacement exactly?

Stop throwing stuff from your ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerul View Post
    1) Which land grab are you talking about? The last War between the two countries was Armenians trying to grab Ottoman/Turkey lands.

2) Which engagement caused a population displacement exactly?

Stop throwing stuff from your ash.
    1. Just because Stalin gave some Armenian land to the Turks it doesn't mean that land "belongs" to the Turks.

2. See Turkey's little foray into northern Syria. Tho then again, as the victims were Kurds I am not shocked you wouldn't even recognize their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    1. Just because Stalin gave some Armenian land to the Turks it doesn't mean that land "belongs" to the Turks.

2. See Turkey's little foray into northern Syria. Tho then again, as the victims were Kurds I am not shocked you wouldn't even recognize their existence.
    1- You said Turkish land grabs and military aggression aimed at Armenias has an unfortunate HISTORY of ending in genocide. My question is, what is this history are you talking about?

2- Turkey's operation to northern Syria was long after the mass displacements and refugee crisis (A. K. A. beginning of the Syrian civil war). This alone shows how falsely informed you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I was referring to this: "some obvious conclusions should be drawn, like would they apologise if that was Armenian Mi-24, for one?"
    Indeed. If that was an Armenian asset, no one would apologize for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

1- You said Turkish land grabs and military aggression aimed at Armenias has an unfortunate HISTORY of ending in genocide. My question is, what is this history are you talking about?

2- Turkey's operation to northern Syria was long after the mass displacements and refugee crisis (A. K. A. beginning of the Syrian civil war). This alone shows how falsely informed you are.
    Do not waste your time with that dude. His primary source of information is probably ahvalnews . Not to mention he is a known racist, especially towards Turks. Save yourself from misery and add him to your ignore list.

--

For the record, I was unfortunate enough to browse this thread on my phone which is always on incognito. That's how I saw his undesirable mumble.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-11-12 at 06:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do not waste your time with that dude. His primary source of information is probably ahvalnews . Not to mention he is a known racist, especially towards Turks. Save yourself from misery and add him to your ignore list.
    The idea that the Turks are a victim of racism is a rather insane act of crying in pain even whilst stabbing others. I mean after multiple ethnic cleansing and genocides, that is rather startling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang View Post
    I agree that at least we can hope for a normalization, at least to the level of what we have currently in Kosovo (our peacekeepers have been there for over 20 years now...).

Armenia was effectively stuck in a gridlock for too long : you clearly have a problem when arguably the last remaining friendly neighbor you have left is Iran... (I guess one cannot hope to be both Israel and Gaza at the same time...).

Now we'll get to see if it was Pahinyan's master plan to use that to clear and pave the way for joining the EU.
    The reason why they have good relations with Iran is simply because they have bad relations with Azerbaijan. Armenia is a country that has territorial claims from all of her neighbors; Georgia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and maybe even Iran.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-11-12 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The idea that the Turks are a victim of racism is a rather insane act of crying in pain even whilst stabbing others. I mean after multiple ethnic cleansing and genocides, that is rather startling.
    When in a thread consisting of 20 pages :

1- No one mentions the committed war crimes -like deliberate missile strikes on a civilian areas- by the Armenian side,
    2- No one mentions Atrocies the Armenian side did in history -like xocali massacre-
    3- When talking about the Armenians talking like as if they were angels and when talking about Turks talking as if they were flesh eating - blood drinking cannibals,

Yes, it is pure hatred towards a race and that is racism.

7+ Year Old Account

1- No one mentions the committed war crimes -like deliberate missile strikes on a civilian areas- by the Armenian side,
    2- No one mentions Atrocies the Armenian side did in history -like xocali massacre-
    3- When talking about the Armenians talking like as if they were angels and when talking about Turks talking as if they were flesh eating - blood drinking cannibals,

When Turks can even come to acknowledge their Genocides against the Armenians, Assyrians and Kurds that are both consistent, sometimes ongoing and all continue to be denied, I'll perhaps have this conversation.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

When Turks can even come to acknowledge their Genocides against the Armenians, Assyrians and Kurds that are both consistent, sometimes ongoing and all continue to be denied, I'll perhaps have this conversation.
    The NK conflict and the 1915 events are irrevelant. You can keep evading tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    The NK conflict and the 1915 events are irrevelant. You can keep evading tho.
    Those genocides remain relevant as all that happens now is a consequence of them.

Those genocides remain relevant as all that happens now is a consequence of them.
    So Armenians had to make this kid pay for whatever happened in 1915?

7+ Year Old Account

[...]
    Yes, the picture game:

Heck, lets go into any of the images of Syrians or Kurds killed by the Turks right now, or the Azari purging historical Armenian locations and vandalizing historical objects alone.

Turks seem to be doing a lot of historical revisionism to play as the victim.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-11-12 at 07:51 PM.

Yes, the picture game:

Irrelevant answer again, as expected.

BUT

Those are actresses on a film set in California, not Ottoman Turkey, by the way. Good try.

https://www.aap.com.au/crucified-pho...rmenian-event/

7+ Year Old Account
    Irrelevant answer again, as expected.

BUT

Those are actresses on a film set in California, not Ottoman Turkey, by the way. Good try.

https://www.aap.com.au/crucified-pho...rmenian-event/
    Lol..... I see, well It's hard to sympathize with a group who commits Genocide with startling regularity, has never even owned up to it, and seems apt to keep going. Not really able to sympathize with that. I'll wait for something more substantive than random Australian site.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2020-11-12 at 08:07 PM.

Spoiler : we got news from both sides.

Perhaps information is restricted where you live. After all, Azerbaijan did close the internet and limit international journalists.

But from the get go international journalists were reporting on Stepanakert being bombed, so no one was really surprised when after a while missiles hit Azeri cities.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about?
    1-We had Kutantee and you for starters, and other posters mentioned the strikes and discusses their details.
    2-We had several posters discussing the chronology of pogroms and ethnic cleasing likewise.
    3-Who said the Armenian were angels? And as for your depiction of the Turks, the social media enthusiasm of young Azeri soldiers is not exactly helping, not with their "colorful" practices (and recent history of national "heroes").

You're denouncing a perceived dichotomy, yet your own discourse if full of it, and will only echo bloodthirsty, ethnic cleasing Armenians sending ballistic missiles on the homes of little Azeri children.

While both Turkish and Azeri leadership are proclaiming their wishes for peaceful coexistence and prosperity (maybe together covertly with the Armenian's), given how their populations have been riled up for so long, and given recent "illustrations", time will tell...
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2020-11-12 at 10:12 PM.
    "It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Ethics for Tomorrow"

Announcements were made last night by Armenia, Azerbaijan and the Russian authorities regarding the implementation of a ceasefire agreement in Nagorno-Karabakh. We have taken note of the agreement and are examining its terms and implications. Clarifications are expected in order to assess their impact.

The cessation of fighting is crucial. The parties had made this commitment several times over the last few weeks and we have been, and remain, strongly committed to this priority within the framework of the co-chairmanship of the Minsk Group. We therefore expect Azerbaijan to strictly uphold the commitments that it has made and to put an immediate end to its offensive. In this context, we call on Turkey not to do anything that goes against this key priority.

At this difficult time, France reaffirms its wholehearted friendship with the Armenian people in light of our close human, cultural and historic ties with Armenia. In these tragic circumstances, we stand alongside it. In particular, we will work to lend it all the humanitarian support it needs. Indeed, the situation on the ground, with displaced populations and fighting in urban centers, has resulted in serious humanitarian consequences.

France has mobilized its efforts in recent weeks through a very large number of civil society initiatives. The French authorities are contributing to these initiatives, providing medical assistance, which arrived late last week in Yerevan and included teams of surgeons specialized in treating conflict victims. Other initiatives will be taken in the coming days to provide Armenia with the help it will need.

Finally, the resumption of negotiations between the parties on a lasting settlement of the conflict remains necessary, beyond the ceasefire announced yesterday. As co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, France will be an active participant in this effort. Discussions between the two parties must resume without delay. They must allow for the return of people displaced by the conflict in recent weeks, and for the definition of the future status of Nagorno-Karabakh.
    So this came from France. I love the following bit.

As co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group, France will be an active participant in this effort.
    ^ Really?

Il

--

For the record, I was unfortunate enough to browse this thread on my phone which is always on incognito. That's how I saw his undesirable mumble.
    Waaaait. Wut?

I am a "known racist".... Wut? I have been called a whole lot of things on these forums but racist is a new one. Being critical of nationalism, militarism and autocrats like Erdogan is now racism? Welp... I learned something new today.

I have no idea what "ahvalnews" is. Nor that it matters. The precious little I know about what generally is happening in the region is derived from me not being illiterate and just mainstream news regarding current events.

I just don't partake or buy into your nationalist drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. If that was an Armenian asset, no one would apologize for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

--

It would be the same it Armenia shot down an Azerbaijani warplane, no one would apologize.