Poll: Which campaign will you level in (first)?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    cataclysm is the better expansion ever be done for the quest, fast, quick and you dont have to do 56 return to other zone and the quest follow a good flowing path everytime

lk being the worst by the way, well..it was with the 12 level total to do for each alt, but now maybe it is less grindy

I think the first one I'll choose is probably Warlords, because the quest flow was so smooth and fun. Zones had great design, too! Speed means nothing to me, I'm just trying to vibe with a new character.

I have one of each class at 120. I'll do an allied race through TBC just for nostalgia.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done them all but Legion so many times. probably that.

WoD even with the nerfs, its a nice play to level and I like the zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet.

Maybe Pandaland, WoD or Wrath/TBC, since I dont do a lot of leveling there. Would be fun to go through all of Wrath, since I enjoy the stories there - especially Howling Fjord and Grizzly Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Which campaign will you level in (first)? I would say WoD had the best leveling, but apparently they’re nerfing it, so I’m just going to go with whatever people say is the fastest. What about you?
    BfA which you decided to exclude for some fu**** reason.

MoP or WoD for smooth questing. Legion is fine too, but I leveled too many toons through it

Is it known if we can play the "endgame" zones from Leveling like Suramar questline and/or classhall campaigns?

Or War Campaign chapters from BFA (the ones which normally starts with 120)?

Then id do those

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Believe or not, BfA. I have maaany chars and only 2 (1 Horde and 1 Alliance) leveled 'normal' way first 2 weeks of expac. Want to feel this launch nostalgia once more.

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I have leveled too many alts and I have seen the same zones too many times.

If I REALLY had to choose, I guess WoD or Legion, just because they follow a more compact quest hub structure. MoP and Cata also do this, but my eyes would bleed if I started there again.

While many people are so focused on efficiency I'd rather re-do a continent I really enjoyed ... like Northrend, but then I already have all classes at level 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got nothing left to level through these zones. Not planning on leveling a double class either.

Would most likely choose Legion tho. Or WoD. Mostly because of the on-rails questing and invasion points. Full auto-pilot, no thinking required.

I will probably stick to cata revamped vanilla zones and cata zones. In the end, I'm just happy I never have to do northrend and outland again. Wotlk is my favorite expansion, but god damn am I too burned out to spend a minute leveling there.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

WoD, because since Legion launched, I always leveled 90-100 by doing bonus objectives and treasures. Now that they nerfed the exp out of those and not being able to fly early, there's actually initative to just do quests and enjoy the world once again, which I think both are great, despite the fact how much flak WoD received.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    Is it known if we can play the "endgame" zones from Leveling like Suramar questline and/or classhall campaigns?

Or War Campaign chapters from BFA (the ones which normally starts with 120)?

Then id do those
    Those big questlines, e.g. Suramar in Legion or the Matthias Lehner chain in WotLK, have a big issue atm: as soon as you reach lvl 50, you are unceremoniously kicked out of Chromie Time after a short timer, and sent to Org/SW. That should be definitely changed, even if it implies a huge XP nerf (for lvl >= 50 toons, that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Vanilla and Cataclysm are coupled together, so if you want to level up in dungeons that's your pick. Otherwise MoP or WoD.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakkar View Post
    Vanilla and Cataclysm are coupled together, so if you want to level up in dungeons that's your pick. Otherwise MoP or WoD.
    Christ really?

The Vanilla dungeons are easy and straightforward and noob-friendly. The Cata dungeons are biggest noob-punishers in the history of noobs. They're not fun even when you know what you're doing. Please tell me you don't get like, Blackrock Caverns randomly after doing Deadmines or something. Hard to imagine a bigger contrast (unless they nerf the Cata dungeons into the floor, which honestly, if they're doing this, they should do).

With the other expansions, as I understand it, you have to do about as much to hit 50 as you would to go from beginning level of that expansion to max level of that expansion, back in the day (is this wrong? my info may be out of date). But I've also heard 8-10 hours, which is way less than that.

As such I'd be most interested in doing campaigns which were well-designed quest-flow-wise, and which I hadn't done to death, and which didn't have obnoxious issues with phasing. As much MoP and Legion look good, BfA might be fine, and presumably with Vanilla you just pick a few zones, so that could be okay too. WoD has super-obnoxious issues with phasing (or did, like, 4 months ago) and they're nerfing the XP-party it once was, so I think that is out (also it's just not a lot of fun to quest through, I say that having done it not that long ago).

I voted Legion because I suspect that may actually even approach being fun to level through. In a weird way its zones have the closest vibe to the pre-Cata Vanilla zones (BfA isn't a million miles away either).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The Cata dungeons are biggest noob-punishers in the history of noobs. They're not fun even when you know what you're doing..
    This, Cata had by far the most annoying, irritating, UNFUN dungeons ever made in WoW. I really hope there is some form of "blacklisting" at least 3 or 4 dungeons when you sign up in LFD. You can bet which I'd be going for
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Probably WoD exclusively, because garrisons will be a gold mine again