Parrots removed from UK park for swearing

So apparently things are crazy in England today.

Five parrots at a wildlife park have been removed from public display after they started swearing at visitors.
    The African grey parrots were adopted by the Lincolnshire Wildlife Park in Friskney in August and placed in quarantine together.
    However, after being moved into the main outdoor aviaries the birds started ruffling a few feathers with their somewhat choice language.
    They have now been moved into different colonies away from delicate ears.

Jess Newton said it was very entertaining working with the birds when they first arrived.
    However, she said it was hoped they would "kick the habit" when they were put outside.
    Sadly, this did not quite go to plan, park chief executive Steve Nichols said.
    The parrots "swear to trigger reaction or a response" so if people look shocked or laugh, it just encourages them to do it more, he said.
    "With the five, one would swear and another would laugh and that would carry on," he said.

"Some visitors found it funny but with kids visiting at weekends, we decided to move them.
    "I'm hoping they learn different words within colonies - but if they teach the others bad language and I end up with 250 swearing birds, I don't know what we'll do," he added.
    The birds are not the first at the park to cause a stir.

Earlier this year, Chico the parrot went viral on social media with his version of Beyonce's 'If I Were a Boy'.
    He now has his own Instagram page.
    I don't think anybody cares about parrots cursing. Seems like an overreaction to remove them from view.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-54340425
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    As well they should. Imagine if they taught swearing to the pigeons! London would be unlivable!

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if that youtube guy who taught his dog the nazi salute had a parrot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Imagine if that youtube guy who taught his dog the nazi salute had a parrot instead.
    lol I still can't believe that dude got punished the way he did. What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't think anybody cares about parrots cursing.
    At least one person cared enough to make a thread about it.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So apparently things are crazy in England today.

I don't think anybody cares about parrots cursing. Seems like an overreaction to remove them from view.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-...shire-54340425
    The British do not swear unless they are drinking, it is unacceptable for those birds to use such heinous language in public.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The British do not swear unless they are drinking, it is unacceptable for those birds to use such heinous language in public.
    Bluddy well hell they don't

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Bluddy well hell they don't
    It is the old British non-offensive stereotype that all Brits are pushovers and polite lmao.

it was illegal up untill 2011

still frowned on out side of certain areas and situations.

though not illegal anymore if i went into the town center and started shouting sware words i would either get moved on or possibly slapped with a fine for one of the public desancy laws.

and befor any american comes here bitching abut muh freedoms, thats the way its always been here and thats the way we like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    it was illegal up untill 2011

still frowned on out side of certain areas and situations.

though not illegal anymore if i went into the town center and started shouting sware words i would either get moved on or possibly slapped with a fine for one of the public desancy laws.

and befor any american comes here bitching abut muh freedoms, thats the way its always been here and thats the way we like it.
    Ya we have laws like that too just not quite as strict but you would have police show up for shouting obscenities uncontrollably for a long period of time lol.

Ya we have laws like that too just not quite as strict but you would have police show up for shouting obscenities uncontrollably for a long period of time lol.
    Yea. But its deeper than that, its a cultural thing and it dates back century's, its something ironically our far right types like sargon and co who claim to champion the past and British culture don't seem to get. We don't and never have had freedom of speech, we have freedom of expression (to a point, still illegal to imagine to removal of the monarchy)

And they don't get the difference. Between free speech and free expression, free speech is freedom to say what you want, freedom to cause offence, free expression is the freedom to express any opinion or belief but it dosnt make you immune when expressing those opinions from offensive speech laws.

And free speech isn't something we in majority want, if we did we would have it, we are still a democracy under the Crown, but culturaly we are reserved we believe in social cohesion,in getting along and the stiff upper lip, we look down on overt displays of emotion, its why protesting never seems to work here, because causing a fuss is the fastest way to loose public support.

And though we aren't as legally enforced into that as we were a century ago, its still the case that emotional people, overt noisey people, disruptive people are quietly looked down on and often find them selves impeded and ostracised in societys main roles.

And thats why even in 2020 we can't have two parrots swaring like salors on public display.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Yea. But its deeper than that, its a cultural thing and it dates back century's, its something ironically our far right types like sargon and co who claim to champion the past and British culture don't seem to get. We don't and never have had freedom of speech, we have freedom of expression (to a point, still illegal to imagine to removal of the monarchy)

And they don't get the difference. Between free speech and free expression, free speech is freedom to say what you want, freedom to cause offence, free expression is the freedom to express any opinion or belief but it dosnt make you immune when expressing those opinions from offensive speech laws.

And free speech isn't something we in majority want, if we did we would have it, we are still a democracy under the Crown, but culturaly we are reserved we believe in social cohesion,in getting along and the stiff upper lip, we look down on overt displays of emotion, its why protesting never seems to work here, because causing a fuss is the fastest way to loose public support.

And though we aren't as legally enforced into that as we were a century ago, its still the case that emotional people, overt noisey people, disruptive people are quietly looked down on and often find them selves impeded and ostracised in societys main roles.

And thats why even in 2020 we can't have two parrots swaring like salors on public display.
    We are all a product of our environments haha! Hate speech is illegal here so that covers most things.

We are all a product of our environments haha! Hate speech is illegal here so that covers most things.
    well yea, your laws and our laws are from the same root. you guys dont actualy have free speech either. just freedom of expression.

Section 1 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is the section that confirms that the rights listed in the Charter are guaranteed. The section is also known as the reasonable limits clause or limitations clause, as it legally allows the government to limit an individual's Charter rights. This limitation on rights has been used in the last twenty years to prevent a variety of objectionable conduct
    section 1 of the Canadian chater of rights outlines the goverments legall ability to curtail peoples rights within resonable limits including speech.

i will say though we arnt push overs, we have collapsed and destroyed alot of nations for the slightest of offenses over the ages, just because a brit walks away and dosnt engage in an argument or imediate physical altercation right there and then, dosn't mean the other person won or is in any way safe.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-10-01 at 12:12 AM.

I had thought the parrots were just mimicking people who were intentionally trolling the park, and that may still be how that started, but the idea that the parrots started doing it intentionally just makes this incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Whaaaat? They removed valuable assets IMO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.