Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I really feel happy for the delay. I prefer to play wow at the end of the year maybe at Christmas holidays will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The world quest thing happened ONCE and it was quickly fixed. I don't personally recall ever seeing the mythic+ issue you mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure the wrong item level thing initially had people lose items but then Blizzard gave them back with the correct item level. It also didn't happen enough to say the entire expansion was messed up.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD was an absolute dumpster fire. Next to no content outside of raiding. Many dungeons were buggy. Rewards weren't worth it unless you were a hardcore raider. All these problems are present in Shadowlands as well. I guess you're just easily entertained.
    Your opinion. Not fact. You are seeing what you want to see to fit your narrative and then demeaning people who don't agree with you. Not worthy of further debate.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Your opinion. Not fact. You are seeing what you want to see to fit your narrative and then demeaning people who don't agree with you. Not worthy of further debate.
    Right. Pointing out very obvious flaws in a game is clearly opinion. Sure, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Well the opinion that really does matter is Blizzard's and they think it’s bad enough to delay it so why the hell are you arguing about it?

The fact that this is Blizzard tells me it must be in pretty god-awful state, but kudos to them for wanting to put it right before release.
    It can also tell you that it is 99% read and it is one giant issue that keeps it from being deployed. The point is there is a broad range on what the sate can be that they feel doesn't warrant releasing on time. Delaying does not mean Blizzard thinks it is in a god awful state. It can be a ton of things that decide a delay.

World of Warcraft: Refundlands

we gonna be bored of class changes before the expansion release, way to go!

It can also tell you that it is 99% read and it is one giant issue that keeps it from being deployed. The point is there is a broad range on what the sate can be that they feel doesn't warrant releasing on time. Delaying does not mean Blizzard thinks it is in a god awful state. It can be a ton of things that decide a delay.
    Blizzard's attitude to quality isnt what it once was and its broken enough for them not to release it. If it is one thing, and from what Im hearing it isnt - it must be a pretty fundemental problem and not 99% ready.

I am glad they are putting it off to fix it, My concern that a few weeks is not going to be enough to fix what appears to be a fundamentally flawed system and still release something that is not broken. I highly Doubt a Nov release , and if it does release in NOV then I will 100% not play it until after the second patch if at all. I would not be shocked if it does not release until late Dec or Jan , hopefully to fix it right
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The world quest thing happened ONCE and it was quickly fixed. I don't personally recall ever seeing the mythic+ issue you mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure the wrong item level thing initially had people lose items but then Blizzard gave them back with the correct item level. It also didn't happen enough to say the entire expansion was messed up.
    What do you mean it happened once? It was a broken system that they had to fix. I'm surprised you don't remember the M+ issue considering it was every.single.week without fail. The small yellow mobs in SotS giving out bolstering / bursting stacks. The eye gauntlet in Temple had the mobs dish out necrotic stacks. It was an absolute shitfest. The wrong item level thing had blizzard reach in the live game and remove the item that you had equipped regardless of what you were doing. Imagine being mid M+ push and your weapon disappears in the blink of an eye.

" It also didn't happen enough to say the entire expansion was messed up."

Couild say the same about SL considering we haven't seen the state they would have released it in had they not pushed back. Let's not even mention how terrible every game system was (Islands, Azerite Armour etc) that all could have been expanded on further given a delay. From the day of launch onwards myself and others pointed out very quickly that BFA wasn't ready for release and 100% should have been delayed. In fact all the way through the expansion to now the consensus of most my guild / people I speak with think that BFA beta lasted until around 8.2. If you think BFA launch was good and not a glaring example of something that should have been pushed back you are kidding yourself.

Rip those who planned vacation around release, but I wholeheartedly support the pushback to lessen crunch and make sure we get a finished product. I only hope the changes they need time to implement are for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    What do you mean it happened once? It was a broken system that they had to fix. I'm surprised you don't remember the M+ issue considering it was every.single.week without fail. The small yellow mobs in SotS giving out bolstering / bursting stacks. The eye gauntlet in Temple had the mobs dish out necrotic stacks. It was an absolute shitfest. The wrong item level thing had blizzard reach in the live game and remove the item that you had equipped regardless of what you were doing. Imagine being mid M+ push and your weapon disappears in the blink of an eye.

Couild say the same about SL considering we haven't seen the state they would have released it in had they not pushed back. Let's not even mention how terrible every game system was (Islands, Azerite Armour etc) that all could have been expanded on further given a delay. From the day of launch onwards myself and others pointed out very quickly that BFA wasn't ready for release and 100% should have been delayed. In fact all the way through the expansion to now the consensus of most my guild / people I speak with think that BFA beta lasted until around 8.2. If you think BFA launch was good and not a glaring example of something that should have been pushed back you are kidding yourself.
    BFA was the first time ever I saw almost 75% of every guild I was in quit the game before first patch . Blizzard could not afford a second Cluster fuck as BFA . Honestly this puts to bed the Myth that every other expansion is great. My hopes for SL now are that its only not as shitty as BFA. I still have zero faith in Ion or his team to make a quality product
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I have been in beata and I can say this is absolutely false. It is far more ready than you claim.
    When I read beata, something else comes to my mind

Ofcourse it was a difficult decision because now there is a danger that people could buy it with black friday discounts.

Prove it. Give me your evidence.
    Evidence for what? Its gonna be trash? Bro, they already gimped torghast, class balance is still fucked, covenants are a joke in any way you look at it, the maw is fucking trash. I want to be wrong about shadowlands but it doesnt bring anything to the table. I guarantee if the game were to release today most people will drop wow.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

I wish I could get beta for the remaining period

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this decision. One of the biggest complaints by the beta test community over the last several expansions is that Blizzard never listens to us. We point out serious problems and balance issues, submit thousands of tickets in Beta documenting them and then release day hits and they are all still in the game. Then after the player base at large starts throwing a fit, Blizzard suddenly "discovers" them and rushes out multiple emergency patches and then more patches to fix problems caused by the rushed patches and the expansion is a mess the first month after release.

I don't think they will need a very long delay (month at most) SL has issues, but is in no worse shape than past expansion at this point. After the Warcraft III debacle, maybe they've finally returned to their old motto "We'll release it when it's ready".

Quote Originally Posted by imboz View Post
    Ofcourse it was a difficult decision because now there is a danger that people could buy it with black friday discounts.
    Lol, theirs literally zerooo, nihil danger. Theirs not gonna be any discount on Shadowlands, BFA on the other hand will. Definitely.. not sure you know how the discounts work during black friday, but on new products then just got released, pretty much never are discounts

Watching Preach's last video made it more clear to why they had to delay the release, "-game's busted".

Right. Pointing out very obvious flaws in a game is clearly opinion. Sure, buddy.
    The things you listed were mostly opinion. I can break it down for you if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post

I don't do mythic+ so I didn't know about. I didn't say it didn't happen. Simply that I personally hadn't been aware of it.

I actually thought islands were a lot of fun and I didn't see the HUGE issue with azerite armor because I'm not a mythic raider anymore. I'm not saying BfA was a good expansion, because it wasn't. I'm simply saying by comparison so far, Shadowlands looks like absolute dog shit. As I said, at least there was shit to do. Shadowlands is another WoD example where there's not much compelling content outside of raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The things you listed were mostly opinion. I can break it down for you if you want.
    Nah because I'm sure you'll "break it down" with your own opinions. Pointing out issues that actually exist isn't an opinion. It's simply listing what is absolutely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Lol, theirs literally zerooo, nihil danger. Theirs not gonna be any discount on Shadowlands, BFA on the other hand will. Definitely.. not sure you know how the discounts work during black friday, but on new products then just got released, pretty much never are discounts
    then you dont know where to buy stuff