Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am one of those who said its almost impossible that they would delay this early before the expansion.

I was wrong!

Looks like I am shaving my head.

I really do hope that the naysayers of Shadowlands will relax abit because of this.

it's my 4th beta on wow

i've never been a beta such LONG, and yet with NO major weekly patch

they just didnt work at all
    they just didnt listen at the beta testers

if the rythm of the beta patchs, and their stubborn attitude beyong the testers opinions doesnt change, they can delay SL for 1 year it will change nothing

its non a beta matter, a time matter, a delay matter, or a covid matter, it's just bad developers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    Maybe the ripcord is being pulled? I can only hope
    Unlikely. I think they're just going to try and get it in as balanced a state as possible and if it's actually still posing problems after a few months, we'll see adjustments to how Covenants work in 9.1. And IMO it'd probably be incorporated into the actual progression of the expansion's storyline, with the Covenants banding together to fight against the Jailer and a new hub where you can train with members of other Covenants. Covenant Accords or somesuch.

Quote Originally Posted by Heph47 View Post
    Remove the damage-dealing abilities from Covenants; put three of them into a new talent row and give one of them as the expansions' new ability. I'm sure that would appease a good number of players, and remove at least a part of Blizzards' balancing headache.
    No thanks! Horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    I leveled through the entire Beta and played end-game. About 2 months ago.
    The game seemed pretty much ready back then.

I'm not sure exactly why they would have to delay it, if I'm honest. Anything game breaking back then was already fixed weeks ago.

What is it about? Class balance? Tuning of certain affixes in mythic+?

I'm not sure what could need a delay longer than perhaps 2 weeks or so.
    Pretty sure they can't delay more than three weeks. Maybe up to 5 if they don't mind pissing people off more.

The 17th is the latest date imo, they aren't going to release that next week because it's the week of thanksgiving, and if they release the 5th that would put raid progression right in the holidays.

Anyone who took vacation time for a game has no one to blame but themselves. Not only is that irresponsible it’s idiotic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Talent tuning should be one of the priorities. Some of them have been dead for a while and newly added ones are often undertuned. I don't want to feel bad when choosing a cool but underperforming talent. Especially when the chosen talent is an active one, which should perform better than a passive.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    doesnt matter, will still be shit

sorry to be so negative but the core game is flawed
    Its good core game if it can piss off the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No thanks! Horrible idea.
    But... But... My favorite youtuber said they were bad!
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Anyone who took vacation time for a game has no one to blame but themselves. Not only is that irresponsible it’s idiotic.
    I understand what you mean. But is it that crazy to trust a official release date?

I requested vacation, but luckily work writes schedule 2 weeks in advance, so i can cancel it ez.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

LoL, told you so

As soon as I read a Blizzard employee watches Twitch during working hour, and randomly ban dispel priest, I know this company is going down.

People lost characters during world merge. That is hard to believe.

Shadowlands Delay - IS the Ripcord being actually pulled?

Title says it all, i was wondering what you guys think?

I think the ripcord might be getting pulled on the career of whoever is responsible for this debacle if anything xD.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. If they were pulling it they'd have to totally rebalance everything around that, that's not a "later this year" that's a "see you after the holidays" change.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dorisbohjsom View Post
    So I made this post explaining why SL is bad and I never hoped that blizzard will do a system overhaul, but they've listened ! OMG
    Another armchair developer giving yourself credit for something you don't deserve at all...is that the validation you truly seek? Hm.

But yeah delays are a good thing, the gaming industry has been releasing half finished games for most of this generation, we've just seen Blizzard release a half finished project with BFA, so hopefully with more time given SL can truly succeed and not repeat the same mistakes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    doesnt matter, will still be shit

sorry to be so negative but the core game is flawed
    Your logic is flawed, the core of the game remains the same so saying that is saying it was always "shit" to you, which to that end why the hell are you here?

They need to fix the XP balance in leveling 50-60
    They need to fix the Exile's Reach -> Chromie Time transition as outlined by Mr GM
    They need to fix the bugs with quests in Shadowlands and bugs with quest tracking
    They need to finish the maw
    They need to pull the rip cord
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

"Anyone who took vacation time to go fishing and then it rained has no one to blame but themselves. Not only is that irresponsible it's idiotic."

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? People take off vacation for any number of hobbies, gaming, fishing, traveling to see a big football game, etc. No hobby is more deserving of a vacation than another.

Hell, some people take vacation to just sit around the house.

I dont want to say its impossible but I think they are gonna try really hard to make meaningful choice be a thing atleast through the first patch. Many of the cov abilities are being super watered down to the point some of them feel useless(not just non bis).

Good decision!

I have another bullet point to be put to your major changes section:
    Shadowlands leveling experience gains need to be buffed by roughly 30%. Right now, following the main quest lines of each zone only (no side quests) roadblocks you at around lvl 55 in ardenweald with 6/8 chapters completed. However you need to be lvl 58 to be able to continue the main quest line.