Poll: New Shadowlands release date?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    We don't have it in EU either Anyway, if there was an option to enable changing votes, I must have missed it. If so, I'm sorry.

Just in case, I've added a capitalized warning in the OP - I don't think it will help much, but maybe someone will see it before voting
    No I don’t think there is so don’t apologise. I did see an interesting article just posted on Wowhead.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318299/...s-release-date

7+ Year Old Account
    Thinking the week before Turkey day or the 2nd Tuesday after Turkey day. Kind of hoping for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Thinking the week before Turkey day or the 2nd Tuesday after Turkey day. Kind of hoping for the latter.
    I know some people that play are from Turkey. But it shouldn't affect release day.

2021 for sure. At this stage I see no other option for them. Same as TBC.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cyberpunk 2077 releases on Nov 19, so I'm guessing SL on Nov 16 or 17. Bliz loves to fuck around when other big names are dropping triple A titles.

I'm thinking second week of December. I think that's when WotLK was released, so they've done it before. But what do I know?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I low-key think 2021 and the split pre-patch was a sign that maybe Blizz would pull something out of the ordinary with the release.

Quote Originally Posted by newt0n View Post
    I agree whole heartedly. It's the only date that makes sense to me when considering all the different things they have to think about. You don't want holidays to interfere with world first race, at least I'm pretty sure they dont

- - - Updated - - -

Why not Def 8th with raids the first week in Jan?
    cuz it makes the most sense even wowhead has the same predictions as me, there is nothig to do on the prepatch, the raid ist dogshit old and bad and gets nerfed by 25% on top of that, my guild allready has 1:30 kill timers on some bosses

I.O BFA Season 3

Early November - Why put "Later in the year" if you're just gonna delay one week?

Mid November - PS5/Xbox/Cyberpunk. Suicidal release window that has killed many games over the years trying to release around major November games.

Late November - Thanksgiving

Earliest is VERY late November, and latest is going to be Mid December. You want it out before christmas.

My biggest concern? That people were already bored, and will be bored with pre-patch too. That they're just going to "move on" from the game naturally and not come back. It could be the best expansion ever, and their interest will have just evaporated by then.

15+ Year Old Account
    My original thought a few months back was 12/14, so I went with that again. If they made it a 3 week window before raids open, they can start on 1/4 or 5, holidays are over and everyone should be gtg.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    cuz it makes the most sense even wowhead has the same predictions as me, there is nothig to do on the prepatch, the raid ist dogshit old and bad and gets nerfed by 25% on top of that, my guild allready has 1:30 kill timers on some bosses

I personally fail to see how launching the day before Thanksgiving makes the most sense. Dec 8th makes the most sense. How mad do you think people will be when they lose their PTO and then also don't get to really binge the expansion launch because they have familial obligations for Thanksgiving? I'm not saying they should base their decision solely on that fact but launching the day before Thanksgiving makes very little sense, how would they do post launch support with everyone on Holiday? Dec 8th gives them them enough time to fix the game, enough time to support SL post launch and good candidate for S1 & Nathria release (first week in Jan). At this point it's anyone's guess but I for one hope they push S1 & Nathria to the new year so I can get all the holidays over with before they start as I am one of many that have familial obligations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I really don't think we'd see the release on a week with a major holiday. I'm going with the 17th honestly, it seems like the only good date.
    With the shape that Beta's in right now, an extra 3 weeks isn't going to be enough. December 8th is my pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    With the shape that Beta's in right now, an extra 3 weeks isn't going to be enough. December 8th is my pick.
    That would make for a messy raid release, 5 weeks of nothing or they're doing progress in the middle of christmas.

Remember, it may only be a three week delay, but that is almost 2 months to get everything hammered out from what it is now

10+ Year Old Account
    Going with November 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I know some people that play are from Turkey. But it shouldn't affect release day.
    Lol'ed.

So easy, so effective.

The fact that they didnt give a release date makes me think this will be more than 2 weeks.

I am thinking...november 24 to not clash with the new console launches.
    But, if they need more time, i can see it being delayed all the way to december 8, with the raid opening being delayed until january.

3 or 4 weeks system patch and then 3 or 4 weeks zombies patch.

Toss up between Nov 24th or Dec 8th. But I don't think they'll drag the two phases into a month long each, so Nov 24th gets my vote.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That would make for a messy raid release, 5 weeks of nothing or they're doing progress in the middle of christmas.

Remember, it may only be a three week delay, but that is almost 2 months to get everything hammered out from what it is now
    They've already delayed the launch. Postponing Raid release to alleviate the "messiness" and continue post-launch polish wouldn't be out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    11/20 is my gut prediction. A Friday 5 weeks after the Pre-Patch drops. Because expansions are always Fridays, and the 30th was also a Friday.

My meme pick is the Friday before or after FF14 5.4 releases.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

In before someone comes with like treehug/brewfest/rainbowfart/punch a kitty in-game event and says they cant release shadowlands because of it.