Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So we should all stop buying tickets to concerts and live events as well? All sporting events too, Including all Motorsports events?

The whole "dont preorder any games" rubbish is just virtue signalling. I preorder some games, usually close to release, and understand that it could be delayed. Just like i buy tickets to concerts understanding that potentially, something could happen that prevents the concert from happening. I buy tickets to sporting events early, just like most people.

I understand the argument of "but those have limited numbers", and that is true, however that is not a factor here - some people, like yourself, suggest you should not "give companies money today for a product they might deliver tomorrow", and yet that is a reality in countless other scenarios in modern times - hell i even "prepay" for my groceries a day ahead of time.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont agree, my opinion is above.
    The argument of scarcity is the real difference. You tried to preempt it, but truth is, you can't make it the same. Or if you want, you can argue that by buying a concert ticket in advance, the product is that they agree to not sell your spot to anyone else. Same in plane tickets. Limited seating, first come, first serve. Plus they usually make it worth your while to "prebuy" with cheaper price.

But in online distribution, there is no such factor. Companies try to sucker you in to basically "lock it in on hype", by attaching mtx to preorders that won't be obtainable later, essentially fabricating false scarcity. The point is, you don't preorder unless you have to. The price is not any cheaper, and don't worry, they aren't going to run out making digital copies of Shadowlands. As a consumer, it basically gives you the leverage of opting out of the sale at any point until the product is actually deliverable.

Edit: As to "preordering groceries", there is a component of trust because they probably work on repeat business. Does them no good to fuck you over today if that means you won't use them tomorrow. With corporate structure, these companies (or at least management) really only care about a box sale. Once that is done, they don't expect repeat business for years at minimum. It's a psychological thing.
    Last edited by Cracked; 2020-10-04 at 09:15 PM.

I refunded, not because of the delay, but because I don't plan on playing. I pre-ordered in January, but since then have decided to move on to other games. I was going to eat the $79.99. but since they are doing refunds, I gladly took it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    On topic:
    I find it quite odd that some people do not get refunds, but that might be due to having used the boost you get.
    When I tried to refund via ticket, they told me no for that reason. But when I did it through the automatic system, it refunded immediately. Epic edition, with boost used and gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The argument of scarcity is the real difference. You tried to preempt it, but truth is, you can't make it the same. Or if you want, you can argue that by buying a concert ticket in advance, the product is that they agree to not sell your spot to anyone else. Same in plane tickets. Limited seating, first come, first serve. Plus they usually make it worth your while to "prebuy" with cheaper price.

But in online distribution, there is no such factor. Companies try to sucker you in to basically "lock it in on hype", by attaching mtx to preorders that won't be obtainable later, essentially fabricating false scarcity. The point is, you don't preorder unless you have to. The price is not any cheaper, and don't worry, they aren't going to run out making digital copies of Shadowlands. As a consumer, it basically gives you the leverage of opting out of the sale at any point until the product is actually deliverable.

Edit: As to "preordering groceries", there is a component of trust because they probably work on repeat business. Does them no good to fuck you over today if that means you won't use them tomorrow. With corporate structure, these companies (or at least management) really only care about a box sale. Once that is done, they don't expect repeat business for years at minimum. It's a psychological thing.
    All word salad - do i need to quote you again? Because you said nothing about scarcity, you simply said no one should ever pay for anything in advance. Its really quite simple. Here, ill link it again for you:

Stop giving companies money today for a product they might deliver tomorrow.
    That was your logic - dont start squirming and trying to change your argument because it was proven illogical.

You shouldn't fucking preorder in the first place. Stop giving companies money today for a product they might deliver tomorrow.
    QFT holy shit.

ESPECIALLY considering it's the same company that released BfA the way they did.

All word salad - do i need to quote you again? Because you said nothing about scarcity, you simply said no one should ever pay for anything in advance. Its really quite simple. Here, ill link it again for you:

That was your logic - dont start squirming and trying to change your argument because it was proven illogical.
    Well, you are clearly unable to apply nuance at any level. Service isn't a product. What I said refers to tangible goods without real world scarcity. But good job looking like an idiot, trying to equate two absolutely distinct things.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    QFT holy shit.

ESPECIALLY considering it's the same company that released BfA the way they did.
    What does you not liking BfA have to do with preordering a product? Its also the same company that released and has maintained the most dominant MMO of all time. Or does it only count when its a negative?

What does you not liking BfA have to do with preordering a product? Its also the same company that released and has maintained the most dominant MMO of all time. Or does it only count when its a negative?
    This is MMO-C, of course that's the case...

Guessing the peeps not into pre-ordering WoW expansions, won't be playing until we're closer to 10.0 releasing. Or at the very least not until 9.3.5 has been out for a long time.

Because if it's a delivery issue, WoW expansions are never not going to come out. They might get delayed, but they won't be cancelled. If it's a "before you know it's a good product!"-kind of deal, then that's only ever possible when the expansion has been out in its entirety for a while. At least for people getting their opinions on the game from actually playing it rather than from X "content creators".

So pre-order away if it's a WoW expansion, as long as you know that you'll be playing. If you buy and then regret, better habits for spending money might be a good idea.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-04 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dorisbohjsom View Post
    jokes on you, I got SL for free
    Yeah, I don't know why people still pay real money for this game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This is MMO-C, of course that's the case...

Guessing the peeps not into pre-ordering WoW expansions, won't be playing until we're closed to 10.0 releasing. Or at the very least not until 9.3.5 has been out for a long time.

Because if it's a delivery issue, WoW expansions are never not going to come out. They might get delayed, but they won't be cancelled. If it's a "before you know it's a good product!"-kind of deal, then that's only ever possible when the expansion has been out in its entirety for a while.

So pre-order away if it's a WoW expansion, as long as you know that you'll be playing.
    Yeah if the issue is "im not confident the product will meet my personal standards and requirements", then thats a different issue altogether. My issue comes from the bandwagon riding individuals just spouting "dont pre-order anything ever" without thinking it through. It comes down to motivations i guess - and for those who do pre-order, i suspect they all have quite different reasons for pre-ordering - younger players might recieve it as a gift, some might have an erratic financial situation, so pay when they have the money, some might want the items that come with the pre-order, and some might have been playing for 15 years and know that no matter what, they will at least give the expansion a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why people still pay real money for this game lol.
    Why does it confuse you? What part about it is tricky for you to understand?

It's more of a Blizzard releasing BfA in it's bad and broken state *and* disregarding all 4000 replies of feedback from the beta forums.

Don't play fucking inept.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel1258 View Post
    Thats weird, it seems it comes to the person handling the request or i dont know. But based on my experience I thought they are refunding no matter what. I got my refund confirmation yesterday (epic edition -used boost, used gametime)
    This sort of information is useless. You should say what country you are from so the player knows that you got refunded because you're from X. Country Y may have different laws and Blizzard would not be obliged to refund. Did you also use the DK part of it as well? Because that's an expansion feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's more of a Blizzard releasing BfA in it's bad and broken state *and* disregarding all 4000 replies of feedback from the beta forums.

Don't play fucking inept.
    So your argument is that EVERY expansion was released in a "broken state"? Or just BfA?

So your argument is that EVERY expansion was released in a "broken state"? Or just BfA?
    The point is they ignored feedback and thus launched a game in a broken state before. It’s also not just BfA launch but every step of this expansion.

Azerite gear was broken
    The grind for it made no sense compared to the past.
    The cache rewarded azerite gear as an extra drop like a legendary in beta until weeks before launch where they changed it and then took to Twitter telling their critics that the change was made and ppl need to stop complaining....then it got changed.

Essences were criticized day 1 and we were told”never account wide” we got account wide unlocks with a vendor.

TF was criticized since legion and a blue spent days telling players the only reason not to like it in BfA is jealousy....even though it effects personal loot which wasn’t a requirement until blizzard decided it was.

Blizzard ignores feedback and releases whatever they want

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The point is they ignored feedback and thus launched a game in a broken state before. It’s also not just BfA launch but every step of this expansion.

Azerite gear was broken
    The cache rewarded azerite gear as an extra drop like a legendary in beta until weeks before launch where they changed it and then took to Twitter telling their critics that the change was made and ppl need to stop complaining....then it got changed.

Essences were criticized day 1 and we were told”never account wide” we got account wide unlocks with a vendor.

TF was criticized since legion and a blue spent days telling players the only reason not to like it in BfA is jealousy....even though it effects personal loot which wasn’t a requirement until blizzard decided it was.

Sounds to me like all you are saying is "they didnt agree with my feedback and the feedback i agree with, so they didnt listen". People need to step out of their echo chamber and realize their opinion is not the only opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post

Azerite gear was broken

You can't get through to these people, their minds are so warped they're completely inept.

Blizzard even fucking ADMITTED Azerite Gear was broken - I mean holy shit to be *that* stupid, my god the poor person's parents.

Quote Originally Posted by dorisbohjsom View Post
    yup I did, kinda a funny story actually

- - - Updated - - -

fornite is better though
    fake story more like it

Sounds to me like all you are saying is "they didnt agree with my feedback and the feedback i agree with, so they didnt listen". People need to step out of their echo chamber and realize their opinion is not the only opinion.
    No I’m saying they got the feedback and went against it only to agree with it afterwards

It’s like when a kid goes to jump off a roof thinking they can fly with an umbrella and their friend says “it won’t work”

The kid jumps off and gets hurt only then to agree with their friend.

That is the feedback cycle since legion

So we have had essentially 4 years of blizzard having retarded responses to feedback and the first time the right call is made the players who don’t see it bitch and moan “I don’t care that my class doesn’t work and the campaign is bugged and the zones have you fall through the world and dungeons glitch out and raid bosses aren’t done...GIMME GIMME!!!”

- - - Updated - - -

You can't get through to these people, their minds are so warped they're completely inept.

Blizzard even fucking ADMITTED Azerite Gear was broken - I mean holy shit to be *that* stupid, my god the poor person's parents.
    I think blizzard finally got to the point where they realized “ya know maybe it would be less work if we just took the feedback and made the changes now instead of 3 months from now” but then again I’m in an echo chamber

Why does it confuse you? What part about it is tricky for you to understand?
    Well for starters paying for something you can't use is pretty nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Well for starters paying for something you can't use is pretty nonsensical.
    But that wasn't the comment being replied to. I genuinely think you are quite confused. Sometimes people are so eager to make a point, they dive in headfirst without even confirming they HAVE a point.

But that wasn't the comment being replied to. I genuinely think you are quite confused. Sometimes people are so eager to make a point, they dive in headfirst without even confirming they HAVE a point.
    We were talking about people still paying for a game that's not out yet. I'm not sure what you don't understand.