Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    PTO is shorthand for Paid Time Off. Not holidays, not vacations, it's just called paid time off.

How you spend your paid time off is your own business. If a person gives you any grief for how you chose to spend your paid time off, that person isn't worth your time.
    Last edited by Whackadoodle; 2020-10-06 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You don't need to recap anything. I literally just told you I changed my stance after you provided me with new information.

I didn't have all the information.
    You provided me with new information that I did not know previously.
    I used that new information you provided to reform my opinion.

Please explain what you are looking for from me. You seem upset, and keep arguing, but I'm not sure why. I even told you you were right, but you keep nagging me about when I was wrong even though I already told you I admit I was wrong.
    I'm not upset at all, just telling you what I think is all. And yes you did tell me that I was right...kind of...you worded it in a way that made it seem like I was somehow arguing for something completely different than what you were saying

If you want me to admit you are right, that giving players 3 months warning about changing a release date, when we are in a global pandemic, is not something we should get upset about. I would agree. You are right.
    I'm not arguing for anything at this point tbh, I'm just calling out this sort of slick speech you are trying to pull because it's just annoying at this point.

If you truly believed what I said was right then it would be just as easy to say "Yeah look there was a lot of games that got postponed I didn't know that, cool" but you are doing this really weird thing where you are acting like this wasn't even the point of topic in the first place.

Like you say "yeah I changed my stance now what do you want" but then in the same post say "I was saying the whole time that it's because of how short notice it was".

It's just dishonest discussion and annoying, I'm not upset at it at all seeing as we are in a forum and people act like this all the time. I just like calling it out instead of acting like the person isn't blatantly trying something slick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I honestly am trying to say this is the nicest way possible man, but that is exactly what it was lol. People including yourself were saying people were mad at blizzard because they pushed the date back after announcing a specific date, my original argument was that a majority of game releases have been delayed this year after doing just that, I would say every single major title has been, a ton of people including yourself said this simply wasn't true and asked for evidence... I provided you links to all the titles that have been delayed and then you come back and change your argument to the issue being that it was delayed TOO LATE.

That is 100% changing your argument, there is nothing more to it.
    Yep, and and I'll continue admitting I changed my argument. I was wrong and didn't know the information you provided. It was literally the reason I asked for a link. Now I know. It would be silly for me to pretend I didn't know this. Again, not sure what you want me to do here.

You have to look at it from my perspective. Let's say I didn't have that evidence and no other game got delayed this year except for Shadowlands, you showed that evidence to me, and then I said "Oh I should have been more specific, I meant that other games have been delayed during THIS TIME OF YEAR, not THIS year". That instantly makes what I'm saying bogus. Which is what you did.
    I changed my argument because I can no longer say Blizzard is the only company that did this. Now when I look at the information you provided I see several/many companies had to do this. Based on what I read, I mentioned at least those other companies gave their players months of advanced notice. I mentioned it would be less reasonable to be upset at a company that provided months of notice, considering the impact of the global pandemic. I still think it was bad form on Blizzard to move the date back with only 3 weeks notice.

Also, just to clarify one thing, no one is just coming in here and 'kicking people while they are down' for prepurchasing a game or for messing up their vacation time.
    Yes, they are. They are saying stuff like, it's your own fault if you are stupid enough to schedule vacation based on a video game release date.

It's people coming in here and demanding something from blizzard, or complaining that they scheduled this time off so it's all blizzards fault for this blah blah blah. And people are calling them on that nonsense.
    I'm not responding to those people. I'm not sure what they are demanding from Blizzard, and I'm not saying Blizzard should give them anything. I'm saying I agree with the original post, in that I understand why people are upset, and we shouldn't blast them for being upset.

They didn't have to take the time off, they didn't have to take the time off the DAY of release, they didn't have to do any of that. MMO's and especially just video games during this pandemic have been proven to have delayed starts or at the very least a broken start. There is really no reason to take time off the DAY of release. You could play it safe and take that time off once it is out and stable so you guarantee you get to play.
    So what? That doesn't mean they can't be upset with Blizzard for changing the date after it was too late for them to change their PTO plans.

If they want to take that risk, that is completely understandable and I wish them luck. But just don't be surprised when something like this happens, which is all I am saying. Instead of literally asking blizzard to 'just release the game' in it's broken state and have these same issues for the entire expansion because 'blizzard messed up their vacation time'
    I would agree, this is why I don't understand why you are arguing with me. I don't think Blizzard owes them anything and don't agree that Blizzard should just release the game. That would be a horrible decision. I'm ONLY saying, I understand why people are upset that their PTO plans are ruined, and I'm not going to blast them for being upset. That's all I'm saying. The OP was saying the same thing. Don't blast people for being upset.

The OP even included a TL;DR:
    TL;DR - Not everyone uses PTO for actual vacations. I use mine for errands and destressing. So instead of lambasting people for being upset they lost valuable time off work for the release, maybe, instead, you should focus looking at a bigger picture to their situation.
    To summarize the summary: Don't be upset with people who are upset. Try a little empathy.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2020-10-06 at 04:32 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I normally wouldn't but was told I needed to burn a week in October since I had to much unused leave.

Isn't that big of a deal will just do something else.