Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Yes i'm well aware the the authoritarian left doesn't care about the personal beliefs of others, even when told what they are, and choose to label them as some form of "sinner" to brand them a social pariah, just like the religious right in the 60s did.
    I feel like there is a certain irony to this, that might pass you by
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I feel like there is a certain irony to this, that might pass you by
    The important part... people are done defending QAnon... off topic we go!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Well I'm glad you know which type of speech should be allowed. Can you give me a list of things I can't talk about?
    You could literally just read Karl Popper, as a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yes i'm well aware the the authoritarian left doesn't care about the personal beliefs of others, even when told what they are, and choose to label them as some form of "sinner" to brand them a social pariah, just like the religious right in the 60s did.
    Do i need a passport to visit this bullshit fantasy land you live in?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

So it notes: "Rosenfeld points out that the Western European democracies and the United States have opposite approaches to the question of tolerance of hate speech, in that where most Western European nations place legal penalties on the circulation of extremely intolerant or fringe political materials (e.g. holocaust denial) as being inherently socially disruptive or inciting of violence, the United States has ruled that such materials are in and of themselves protected by the principle of freedom of speech and thus immune to restriction, except when calls to violence or other illegal activities are explicitly and directly made."

I've been arguing from the US's viewpoint, not Western Europe's.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep, that pretty much sums up your posts calling me a trump supporter. Learn to know your enemies. i know mine, and they are mostly left wingers who seek to force their racist ideology upon all those they can enslave.
    Let go of your fear and hatred and actually "learn your enemy" and you'll realize left wingers don't have a racist ideology and aren't enslaving anyone.

And they are not your enemy.
    Putin khuliyo

They're the enemy if they burn your business/livelihood down.
    And that can go either way.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-10-04 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Let go of your fear and hatred and actually "learn your enemy" and you'll realize left wingers don't have a racist ideology and aren't enslaving anyone.

And they are not your enemy.
    Let me get this right. The ideogly that claims being born white makes one a racist and to refuse to accept that as truth is proof that you are racist is not an ideogly based on racism? The ideogly burning down and looting the livelihoods of non government officials in response to governmnet harming folks while pushing to disarm citizens is not authoritian? That the ideaolgy that claims to celebrate diversity unless it's white men is not sexist? That the ideology that claims just being alive means you have the right to the time and labor of others is not slavery?I'm well aware of the desire of the authortitian left and it's as dangerous when the GOP control social morals.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Sorry. I do not live in any of their districts to be able to help vote them out.

Let me get this right. The ideogly that claims being born white makes one a racist and to refuse to accept that as truth is proof that you are racist is not an ideogly based on racism? The ideogly burning down and looting the livelihoods of non government officials in response to governmnet harming folks while pushing to disarm citizens is not authoritian? That the ideaolgy that claims to celebrate diversity unless it's white men is not sexist? That the ideology that claims just being alive means you have the right to the time and labor of others is not slavery?I'm well aware of the desire of the authortitian left and it's as dangerous when the GOP control social morals.
    That's not the ideology and never has been. Thinking that's what being said is proof positive of your right leaning bias.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What is particular threat of them being elected though?

That would be greater then those that already get elected?
    Uh, there's a QAnon nutter likely to be elected to Congress in November already. One guess at their party affiliation (hint: it isn't Democrat):

Does condemning them accomplish anything?

I admit I don't really grasp what this group is or even what it believes but to my knowledge they are just a group of people who believe in crack pot theories online no?

I don't see the point in having Congress just reaffirm what groups they personally like and dislike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    So it notes: "Rosenfeld points out that the Western European democracies and the United States have opposite approaches to the question of tolerance of hate speech, in that where most Western European nations place legal penalties on the circulation of extremely intolerant or fringe political materials (e.g. holocaust denial) as being inherently socially disruptive or inciting of violence, the United States has ruled that such materials are in and of themselves protected by the principle of freedom of speech and thus immune to restriction, except when calls to violence or other illegal activities are explicitly and directly made."

I've been arguing from the US's viewpoint, not Western Europe's.
    Yeah, and the US' viewpoint is shite, is my point. Which is precisely why it's become the West's hotbed of domestic terrorism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Dear God man you are just a giant ball of right wing victim complexes rolled into one. How many shots deep are you because I couldn't be this wrong if you paid me to do it on purpose?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    They're the enemy if they burn your business/livelihood down.
    And that can go either way.
    As if you give two shits about their communities stores when you don't give two shits about police murdering people in their community tell me why white people care more about property in areas they don't live than the lives of people in those same areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Does condemning them accomplish anything?

I admit I don't really grasp what this group is or even what it believes but to my knowledge they are just a group of people who believe in crack pot theories online no?

I don't see the point in having Congress just reaffirm what groups they personally like and dislike.
    about as much as condemning white supremacy. Condemning something might not do much to those indoctrinated, but not condemning it, just pushes it further to normalization and empowers those that are.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    As if you give two shits about their communities stores when you don't give two shits about police murdering people in their community tell me why white people care more about property in areas they don't live than the lives of people in those same areas?
    I imagine because they bother to take a look at actual police murders and quickly see there isn't some target campaign.

People care because even the most enlightened man can understand that allowing angry people to violently destroy property and attack people at random who had nothing to even do with the situation is morally wrong.

Its akin to a man striking a child because he stubbed his toe that morning.

I imagine because they bother to take a look at actual police murders and quickly see there isn't some target campaign.

People care because even the most enlightened man can understand that allowing angry people to violently destroy property and attack people at random who had nothing to even do with the situation is morally wrong.

Its akin to a man striking a child because he stubbed his toe that morning.
    Goddammmit.....its not just about fucking murder.

Why can;t you people listen??!?!??!?!

Black people are targeted by the police and oppressed by the justice system. Full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    about as much as condemning white supremacy. Condemning something might not do much to those indoctrinated, but not condemning it, just pushes it further to normalization and empowers those that are.
    Does it?

I don't believe people work that way. Even if they did I don't think congress as useless as they are now would be made more productive by spending all their time denouncing the evils of the world.

Does it?

I don't believe people work that way. Even if they did I don't think congress as useless as they are now would be made more productive by spending all their time denouncing the evils of the world.
    There are people running for senate seats that push QAnon conspiracies. Do you or do you not understand that?