Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    I guess my op came out wrong. This is more to speculate a new launch date and thinking if that rule is true, then it have to be November 26th at the latest?

Also cyberpunk wasn't able to be pre-ordered during those other delay dates, therefore that apples to oranges
    You were able to pre-order Cyberpunk since they revealed April 2020 release date back on E3 2019.

I guess my op came out wrong. This is more to speculate a new launch date and thinking if that rule is true, then it have to be November 26th at the latest?
    Your OP gave absolutely no indication whatsoever about your desire to speculate on a new launch date. It was purely and only about the obligation to provide a refund.

General rule of thumb, if you want to discuss a certain issue, write about that issue and not something entirely different. It actually helps a lot.

The game isn't ready for release so they delayed it, just let them. They aren't benefitting from delaying it, they are losing out so clearly they are doing it for a good reason

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Oh shit the sub numbers were leaked!? can you link me on that?
    or are you talking about server mergers? cause funny enough even in wotlk when wow was its largest it was doing server mergers.
    (Although back then it was "we are moving everyone from one realm to another, and then shutting down the original realm")
    He isn't wrong. Pretty soon there will be 1 giant server from all merges into 1 and u will be the last player

i mean not true but ok.
    I should have qualified. It is the only MMO that is subscription only. If there is another one, I would love to know which it is. I always like to learn.

He isn't wrong. Pretty soon there will be 1 giant server from all merges into 1 and u will be the last player
    1. i mean people have been asking for 1 mega server for over a decade, a way to get rid of the need for paying for realm transfers.
    2. many games have mega servers, and are from from dead. Elder scrolls online and runescape for examples i can think of.
    3. "Pretty soon" idk if you know what "soon" means mate...

I've been in touch with a lawyer in relation to your question. His response was "LOL"

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I should have qualified. It is the only MMO that is subscription only. If there is another one, I would love to know which it is. I always like to learn.
    final fantasy 14 and Runescape.
    and dont say "its free to play" that's literally just a trail, by that logic so is wow free to play, cause you can play for free as well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I got 1$ whenever I heard that last 15 years...

1. i mean people have been asking for 1 mega server for over a decade, a way to get rid of the need for paying for realm transfers.
    2. many games have mega servers, and are from from dead. Elder scrolls online and runescape for examples i can think of.
    3. "Pretty soon" idk if you know what "soon" means mate...
    When you use runescape as an example, but osrs is more successful

When you use runescape as an example, but osrs is more successful
    OSRS is more successful? got a source on that?
    and man, i love playing OSRS, its the best mobile game, i wish blizz would make more mobile games, but people seem to shit on mobile games.

its funny, you made this thread asking if you could sue blizz, people laughed at you so you backed off saying "i was just seeing if we could use it as a way to tell the release date"

But now your just shitting on wow. seems like your original post was real, and you really do want to sue blizz, hilarious.
    youve made it pretty clear that you are so angry, that from the start youve been legit wanting to sue blizz.

If someone is dumb enough to pre-order, at least have the dignity of laying in your own bed you just made. That's why you don't. preorder. games.

I totally preordered Shadowlands, so I have no one but me being dumb to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You obviously don't read so ill clue you in on the servers that are being combined together. Some are combined up to 9 into one but that must be because the game is breaking records in sub numbers....
    Number of high full servers being unchanged for 2 months, says hello. Come back when they're being merged rather than well known empty/medium servers.

Give it a rest. Although repeating the same tired old line will maybe prove accurate one of these decades ahead...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    If someone is dumb enough to pre-order, at least have the dignity of laying in your own bed you just made. That's why you don't. preorder. games.

I totally preordered Shadowlands, so I have no one but me being dumb to blame.
    How it's dumb if I know I will play on launch anyway and used 120 boost first day? Shadowlands is expansion, not fresh unknown game, you know more or less what to expect.

OSRS is more successful? got a source on that?
    and man, i love playing OSRS, its the best mobile game, i wish blizz would make more mobile games, but people seem to shit on mobile games.

its funny, you made this thread asking if you could sue blizz, people laughed at you so you backed off saying "i was just seeing if we could use it as a way to tell the release date"

But now your just shitting on wow. seems like your original post was real, and you really do want to sue blizz, hilarious.
    youve made it pretty clear that you are so angry, that from the start youve been legit wanting to sue blizz.
    Bro i didn't even preorder lol. And there are plenty of sources for osrs playerbase being more populated. Stop whiteknighting. Imagine actually defending the server merges thinking that it has nothing to do with a subcount problem

Bro i didn't even preorder lol. And there are plenty of sources for osrs playerbase being more populated. Stop whiteknighting. Imagine actually defending the server merges thinking that it has nothing to do with a subcount problem
    1. mhm sure.
    2. then link me those sources.
    3. yeah, because asking for sources is whiteknighting, good to know.

When it comes to the Shadowlands delay I buy it that people who booked vacation are upset is completely fine as it was less than a month away from release so it wasn't expected but for everyone else I honestly do not see the drama?

Blizzard delayed Shadowlands to make it better, they have legally any right to do so until 31 December since that was the date set for Pre-Order.

If they go beyond 2020 then I understand completely people's frustration as that is exactly what they did with Warcraft 3 Reforged but since Blizzard have a valid reason to postpone the release I do not see why people even think it is illegal move from their side?

final fantasy 14 and Runescape.
    and dont say "its free to play" that's literally just a trail, by that logic so is wow free to play, cause you can play for free as well.
    Final Fantasy 14 isn't 15 years old though. I play FFXIV and know that. Nor is Runescape, afaik, unless on mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You could imagine a multi dollar company was capable of knowing how far development is 2 months before announcing the release. We wouldn't need any kind of refund if they wouldn't be so uncoordinated.
    I get deadlines all the time that get pushed back. Deadlines are almost never a developer’s or team decision, they’re driven by business needs and those tend to be out of touch with what the work actually takes.

Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

Not sure if true or bologna.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order

Does this apply?

Dry-testing
    Q: We want to sell by mail or telephone a product that is not yet available. Does the Rule apply?

A: It depends. In an advisory opinion, the FTC told a publishing company that it could "dry-test" its merchandise as long as the following conditions were met:

In promoting the merchandise, the merchant can make no suggestion that the merchandise will be shipped or that customers expressing an interest in it will receive it.
    In all promotional materials, the merchant must disclose all material aspects of the promotion, including the fact that the merchandise is only planned and may not be shipped.
    If any part of the promotion is later dropped, the merchant must notify subscribers of the fact within a reasonable time after soliciting their subscriptions.
    If, within a reasonable time after soliciting their subscriptions, the merchant has made no decision to ship the merchandise, it must notify subscribers of this fact and give them the opportunity to cancel and, where payment has been made, make a prompt refund.
    The merchant can make no substitutions of any merchandise for that ordered.
    If these conditions are not met, the Rule applies.