Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. mhm sure.
    2. then link me those sources.
    3. yeah, because asking for sources is whiteknighting, good to know.
    Okay, this link here has both sources to compare for you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/c...al_playerbase/

Also, the white knight comment was towards the defending of server merges. Thought that was pretty obvious, but now I remember seeing Felplague on mmo all the time misunderstanding and never getting laid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Does this apply?

Dry-testing
    Q: We want to sell by mail or telephone a product that is not yet available. Does the Rule apply?

A: It depends. In an advisory opinion, the FTC told a publishing company that it could "dry-test" its merchandise as long as the following conditions were met:

In promoting the merchandise, the merchant can make no suggestion that the merchandise will be shipped or that customers expressing an interest in it will receive it.
    In all promotional materials, the merchant must disclose all material aspects of the promotion, including the fact that the merchandise is only planned and may not be shipped.
    If any part of the promotion is later dropped, the merchant must notify subscribers of the fact within a reasonable time after soliciting their subscriptions.
    If, within a reasonable time after soliciting their subscriptions, the merchant has made no decision to ship the merchandise, it must notify subscribers of this fact and give them the opportunity to cancel and, where payment has been made, make a prompt refund.
    The merchant can make no substitutions of any merchandise for that ordered.
    If these conditions are not met, the Rule applies.
    Thank you logwyn

Quote Originally Posted by Rainyhealz View Post
    Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

Not sure if true or bologna.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order
    They are offering refunds, I...

You really think a multi billion dollar company wouldn't have an entire legal team authorizing it anyway..

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 isn't 15 years old though. I play FFXIV and know that. Nor is Runescape, afaik, unless on mobile.
    You said "
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I should have qualified. It is the only MMO that is subscription only. If there is another one, I would love to know which it is. I always like to learn.
    " It is the only mmo that is subscription only.

Yeah no fucking duh its one of the only mmo's that is sub only and 15 years old, cause its one of the only mmos that has survived 15 years. but again runescape is 15 years old and subscription only, free to play runescape is literally just a trail.

Also, the white knight comment was towards the defending of server merges. Thought that was pretty obvious, but now I remember seeing Felplague on mmo all the time misunderstanding and never getting laid

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you logwyn
    Ok so how does OSRS having more of a playerbase then RS3 somehow mean its more popular then wow? lololol maybe read your own posts?
    the graphs linked show about 150,000 players each month... wow is still MUCH larger then that. And man, server mergers are great, people have been fighting for them for over a decade, "mega server" has been something people want since wotlk, imagine if everyone was on 1 server, you could play with anyone you wanted, sell to anyone you wanted, etc, with no need to server transfer or play on eu/us.

And man talking about laid? Good idea coming from the guy who thinks gay men cant like guns.
    So you dont claim "i never said that DX"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-10-03 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I get deadlines all the time that get pushed back. Deadlines are almost never a developer’s or team decision, they’re driven by business needs and those tend to be out of touch with what the work actually takes.
    So completely uncoordinated. That's what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    How it's dumb if I know I will play on launch anyway and used 120 boost first day? Shadowlands is expansion, not fresh unknown game, you know more or less what to expect.
    Because somehow buying an expansion that will inevitably come out on one day, is "more teh smarter move!" than buying it during any other day...

WoW ain't exactly Day of Dragons. People tend to have their routine set with this long-runner.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you logwyn
    Do you seriously think wow has less than 150k subs lmao

Ok so how does OSRS having more of a playerbase then RS3 somehow mean its more popular then wow? lololol maybe read your own posts?
    the graphs linked show about 150,000 players each month... wow is still MUCH larger then that.

And man talking about laid? Good idea coming from the guy who thinks gay men cant like guns.
    So you dont claim "i never said that DX"
    No one was compared osrs to wow. I compared osrs to runescape.

Now I really remember you, it takes a lot to remember people on mmo but I remember you were the sweaty mouth breather who kept downtalking classic launch and how it would die within a month and how wrong everyone would be.

Take a deep breath, reread posts or read slower because thinking anyone compared osrs to wow was the dumbest thing u could do

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Looks like it's just a troll that try different angles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I'm amazed that people are pre-purchasing a game that is in a death spiral...
    Says the person who took the time to post this, lets add up how many people subscribe to your opinions and how many subscribe to WoW and lets see which is dead

Basically have been reading a lot about if a preorder existed for a specific release date and the release date got pushed back, the company is obligated to give refunds (obviously) as well as release their product within the 30day window unless they have full consent from customer.

Not sure if true or bologna.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...elephone-order
    Didn't WC3: Reforged already prove all of this to be wrong? Also the release date is December 31, 2020. That was the specific date given when pre-orders were done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Plenty of less gifted people on MMO-C seem to be clinging to this dream that WoW never turned the ship around after WoD.

Only, it did. There's information on the matter. Their feels be damned.

No one was compared osrs to wow. I compared osrs to runescape.

Now I really remember you, it takes a lot to remember people on mmo but I remember you were the sweaty mouth breather who kept downtalking classic launch and how it would die within a month and how wrong everyone would be.

Take a deep breath, reread posts or read slower because thinking anyone compared osrs to wow was the dumbest thing u could do
    Kept downtalking classic launch and how it would die within a month?
    lololol your memeory must be pretty fucking shit.
    cause i played the fuck out of classic, and still do, i was insanely hyped.
    i didnt think it would happen, but once they said it would i was insanely excited.

maybe you should stick in your own lane and stop confusing yourself.

Anyone who thinks they can sue blizzard and win over the delay of a $40 game all I have to say is......

Good Luck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i didnt think it would happen, but once they said it would i was insanely excited.

Report and move on, really. He is clearly not acting in good faith here, and projecting like a sonofabun, so to speak.

Its okay bud. You got all upset because someone brought up server merges. You couldn't understand that a server merge is a SOLUTION to a POPULATION problem.

Then you pulled up old posts out of panic to try to bring into an argument that had nothing to do with said argument.

Now you are backed into a corner looking foolish cuz u didn't understand nobody compared osrs to wow.

I imagine you are sweating and off to your last defense mechanism to 'report' me to bigdaddy to save you from your embarrassment.

I'll see you next mmo post you get all up in arms over since you basically live on here.

Its okay bud. You got all upset because someone brought up server merges. You couldn't understand that a server merge is a SOLUTION to a POPULATION problem.

Then you pulled up old posts out of panic to try to bring into an argument that had nothing to do with said argument.

Now you are backed into a corner looking foolish cuz u didn't understand nobody compared osrs to wow.

I imagine you are sweating and off to your last defense mechanism to 'report' me to bigdaddy to save you from your embarrassment
    Lol what?
    ok lets go over everything so we can try to find where you got confused.

"Literally only 15 year old game with sub only"
    "No its not"

"Its the only mmo with sub only, if there is another tell me"
    "Final fantasy 14, and runescape"

"When you use runescape as an example but OSRS is more successful" Idk if you know... but like wow... When you get a membership to 1, you get a membership to both... and they are both runescape, just like how wow retail and wow classic are both wow... when you say "wow requires sub" you are talking about both, just like how when you say "runescape requires sub" you are talking about both, so it seems like here, you were trying to make some moot point that literally no one else was making, as we are talking about "what other mmos are sub only" and i pointed out "runescape" and you FLAWLESSLY replied "When you use runescape as an example for a sub only game, when runescape is more popular" i could only assume in your upmost intelliegence you were saying runescape is more popular then wow, cause what would bring someone to go from "runescape is an mmo with a sub" to "runescape is more popular then runescape" but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You obviously don't read so ill clue you in on the servers that are being combined together. Some are combined up to 9 into one but that must be because the game is breaking records in sub numbers....
    ..or the vast majority are on the "Full" and "High" pop servers ...also China says hi

1. players asked for a release date eveyr 30 seconds for months.
    2. yes they did release it for our benefit, so we would know when it released.
    3. idk if you know, but delays are never something a company does just because...
    Blizzard doesn't just announce a release date because players asked for it. They announce it because they feel somewhat confident the expansion will actually release at that date, and they misjudged how ready the expansion was. It's not the fault of the players.