Thread: Fat face

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Depending on how tall the OP is, 220 may be a healthy weight. No way is it severely anything.
    If OP is, let's say 185, then 110kg is classified as obese where I live. Normal weight > Over weight > Fat > Obese > Extreme.

Now, in this case OP has clearly had weight issues, so it's safe to say his muscle mass isn't over average, which could make a 110kg 185 person beefy as fuck, yet not fat/obese.

But if you have a high body fat %, at 110kg and 180-190cm height then my god, that's not healthy. At all.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    If OP is, let's say 185, then 110kg is classified as obese where I live. Normal weight > Over weight > Fat > Obese > Extreme.

Now, in this case OP has clearly had weight issues, so it's safe to say his muscle mass isn't over average, which could make a 110kg 185 person beefy as fuck, yet not fat/obese.

But if you have a high body fat %, at 110kg and 180-190cm height then my god, that's not healthy. At all.
    BMI doesn't even work for people like over 5'6". So how are you measuring what's "obese"?
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    BMI doesn't even work for people like over 5'6". So how are you measuring what's "obese"?
    Didn't even mention BMI. Hence me talking about body fat and muscle mass. That's how. Read.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    you know why we have epidemy of obesity nowadays ? its because people prefer to lie to themselves and devaur milion calories then accept that they are fat .

ill link again

https://www.weightwatchers.com/nz/he...ightrangechart

check your height and see how much weight you should have to be considered healthy .

unless you work out in gym for muscle gains with very low body fat % then those values are very good guidance to how much you should weight.

do yourself a favour - pack a backpack with 20 kg of mineral water in pastic bottles (or 20 kg kettlebell is you have those ) and go for a long walk . then realise that if you have that much fat your body is dealing constantly with such strain and extra weight.

again OP did a very good job but he is still very fat and should continue - while everyone should support him in this instead pat him on back and say "you did enough" - he didnt. He is half way there.

lets say op is 186 - he should aim at 191 pounds max. 180 would be healthier - and his face would stop being "fat" at that point. i personaly if i were him would aim at 170 pounds and then start on building up muscles .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-10-08 at 07:07 AM.

If you're active...working out regularly then bmi is bullshit.
    My current bmi is roughly 30, that's borderline between obese and overweight. And I am neither.
    this calculator is far more accurate fot the active people
    I'm "athletic."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you know why we have epidemy of obesity nowadays ? its because people prefer to lie to themselves and devaur milion calories then accept that they are fat .

ill link again

check your height and see how much weight you should have to be considered healthy .

unless you work out in gym for muscle gains with very low body fat % then those values are very good guidance to how much you should weight.

do yourself a favour - pack a backpack with 20 kg of mineral water in pastic bottles (or 20 kg kettlebell is you have those ) and go for a long walk . then realise that if you have that much fat your body is dealing constantly with such strain and extra weight.

again OP did a very good job but he is still very fat and should continue - while everyone should support him in this instead pat him on back and say "you did enough" - he didnt. He is half way there.

lets say op is 186 - he should aim at 191 pounds max. 180 would be healthier - and his face would stop being "fat" at that point. i personaly if i were him would aim at 170 pounds and then start on building up muscles .
    No its horseblessings because it only factors 2 things that do not know how healthy you actually are to say if you are "too fat"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If you're active...working out regularly then bmi is bullshit.
    My current bmi is roughly 30, that's borderline between obese and overweight. And I am neither.
    this calculator is far more accurate fot the active people
    I'm "athletic."
    idk if I'm measuring in the right places but after adjusting numbers the body fat% changed 1% and went from acceptable to obese, which makes little sense to me. Adjusting the neck even an inch seemed to have a big affect. That was the hardest to measure.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

The upshot is as I said; bmi is bullshit to people that are active. Those that hold a more dense musculature because of such activity will always be heavier.
    BMI might be a starting point, but after a person develops a regular routine that works that body then it becomes irrelevant..the only measurement I'd look at is that waistline. I know how that sounds, but a routine that works should affect the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The upshot is as I said; bmi is bullshit to people that are active. Those that hold a more dense musculature because of such activity will always be heavier.
    BMI might be a starting point, but after a person develops a regular routine that works that body then it becomes irrelevant..the only measurement I'd look at is that waistline. I know how that sounds, but a routine that works should affect the obvious.
    BMI is bs for muscular people who are active and have low fat % . if you dont have decent muscles and low body % BMI is still very god indicator

do you honestly assume that person who was 320 lbs have good muscles ? i mean come on .

i also see it in gyms often - very fat people who tell themselves that its muscles that they have not fat - while being strong but obese.

Dude lost 100lbs in 6 months.
    Don't need to say anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameslold View Post
    I lost 100lbs in 6 months. I am now 220lbs but my face is still fat looking... but it is smaller than before, but not small enough. How can I get rid of my fat face?
    Fat around the face is the last to go, in my experience. If you keep active with a decent diet, it'll go in time. Good job so far with the loss!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spot fat reducing is a myth, lower your total fat percentage and it will change. Where you lose it the first most is simply genetics.

What the post above said. Your face probably slimmed down, you just didn't notice, but regardless, the only thing you can do is reduce your body fat %.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

I would say the most important things are:

- Lose your BF % to 200-190.
    - Keep drinking enough water, never goes dehydrated.
    - Maintain a good sleep schedule.
    - Stay active, exercise more.

Maybe it's the features of your face. Sing the hormones that burn fat, it helped me

some people just have round faces. my face was always chubby and round, even when I was a stick with washboard abs at just over 100 pounds. like... Tess Holliday right now has a slimmer face (not counting the chin) then I ever had. its quite possible that short of plastic surgery, there is nothing you can do about your face structure.

so IMO, just keep going with healthy life style and learn to live with the face you have

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    some people just have round faces. my face was always chubby and round, even when I was a stick with washboard abs at just over 100 pounds. like... Tess Holliday right now has a slimmer face (not counting the chin) then I ever had. its quite possible that short of plastic surgery, there is nothing you can do about your face structure.

so IMO, just keep going with healthy life style and learn to live with the face you have
    no

not some people have round faces

he is still 30 kg overweight thats why his face is fat.

its exackly because of this nonsense we have so much obesity , diabetes and other diseases as reason of being fat.

Just grow a beard, it allows you to sculpt your face as you see fit.

no

not some people have round faces

he is still 30 kg overweight thats why his face is fat.

its exackly because of this nonsense we have so much obesity , diabetes and other diseases as reason of being fat.
    1. different people have different healthy weight - one person's obese is another person's underweight. you don't know anything about him other then what was said in original post - we don't know OP's height, we don't know their bone density, how much of a muscle mass they may have gained. YOU are making arbitrary assumptions.
    2. I specifically said, CONTINUE TO lead a healthy lifestyle. if they end up losing more weight - cool, if they have already hit their set point - cool, but some people DO have round faces and THAT'S OK. health is not about how fat your face you think looks.

but i admit my mistake i miscalculated as i never use imperial units

220 pounds is 99 kg not 110 as i assumed

so he should loose +/- 15-20 kg to reach healthy weight unless he is very high (thats why he still sees his face as very fat )

and yes its very likely he is still very obese as i doubt that he had very athletic body before getting so fat.

without doubt he did good work so far. and he should be confratulated for it - but he still has long way from being really healthy
    Healthy weight is going to be determined by the person and their doctor, not a chart from weight watchers. It also looks like that chart is primarily for women.

But here, as an example, according to this chart from weighlossresources.co.uk, a 6'3 (190 cm) man weighing 283 pounds (128 kg) is considered overweight, and thus unhealthy. Brock Lesnar is 6'3 283 pounds, would you consider him unhealthy? Or how about Hafthor Bjornsson, famous for playing the Mountain in Game of Thrones, he is 6'9 (205cm) and 452 pounds (205 kg). This man is a world-class powerlifter. I wouldn't consider either of them overweight or unhealthy.

Here is the chart I used https://www.weightlossresources.co.u...alweight_m.htm

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    Healthy weight is going to be determined by the person and their doctor, not a chart from weight watchers. It also looks like that chart is primarily for women.

But here, as an example, according to this chart from weighlossresources.co.uk, a 6'3 (190 cm) man weighing 283 pounds (128 kg) is considered overweight, and thus unhealthy. Brock Lesnar is 6'3 283 pounds, would you consider him unhealthy? Or how about Hafthor Bjornsson, famous for playing the Mountain in Game of Thrones, he is 6'9 (205cm) and 452 pounds (205 kg). This man is a world-class powerlifter. I wouldn't consider either of them overweight or unhealthy.

Here is the chart I used https://www.weightlossresources.co.u...alweight_m.htm
    while I agree with your overall point, to be fair - both of your examples probably ARE unhealthy. professional athletes tend to be because their goal is not health, its very specific performance. Halfthor actual has some joint and breathing problems because amount of muscle he carries is pretty heavy, but he needs it to lift as much as he does.

that said, on a personal example, there is this youtuber I watch sometimes. she is the same size as me (in American terms - small or 6, though thanks to vanity sizing it can vary across brands), almost identical measurements (her waist is an inch smaller then mine - she lists her stats), but she weights 30 pounds more then I do while actualy looking trimmer. how is this possible you ask? well she also happens to be 5 inches taller then me and a bit more muscular.

healthy weights vary. OP didn't give us height. OP didn't give us age. OP didn't give us overall current fitness level. OP merely gave us current weight and how much they lost. this is not even close to enough to go on when determining whether they still should be losing weight or not.