Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    BfA and Legion are the only expansions without some form of AoE capping. Before the majority of casuals just did not notice it. So going back to that is a good change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    I trust the people actually playing the game, if thats what you're going at yeah.
    So you trust me? So you agree that a cap needs to be added. Glad we came to an agreement.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Change the AoE for every class in-game because of MDI mythic+, what a great idea.
    I mean target cap of 10 was added to kind of nerf the aoe potential of some classes back in wrath. This isn't really any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Welcome to the past where you had to rotate high threath skills on all targets to keep agro and have a mouse over taunt for those who go for the healer. A time where you had to think how to tank and dps and not just trust the aoe.
    Id have thought that by now the delusion that vanilla was so hard woudlve been dispelled.

Ive played since 2005, im well aware of how things was 15 years ago. Doesnt mean id like it to return to retail where we have a vastly diffrent gameplay in features like mythic+ where the only way to beat higher keys is to do bigger pulls.

And really? "A time where you had to think how to tank and dps and not just trust the aoe." Yeah, no. So much more planning and strategies are involved in todays mythic raids and highlvl m+ than back then. Its really the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Don't pull an entire room of enemies then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    you see, pulling the entire room is the difference between timing a +22 and a +25.

At some level you reach a point where the only way to climb higher is to pull bigger.

Aoe caps on tank abilities is jut gonna artificially add a bottle neck on threat, (because you can bet your ass that the 3 meta dps classes is gonna be the 3 that has the most uncapped aoe dps).
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2020-10-12 at 02:56 PM.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    BfA and Legion are the only expansions without some form of AoE capping. Before the majority of casuals just did not notice it. So going back to that is a good change.
    "People didn't notice so it's good to go back". What kind of logic is that? Also, your logic is very flawed, just because no one paid attention (because it was the norm) does not mean people didn't like the cap being removed.

I already have posted about it in the past but I think M+ has been a huge detriment to the game. Far too many things are being balanced around that mode and the community within M+ is toxic as all fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    "People didn't notice so it's good to go back". What kind of logic is that? Also, your logic is very flawed, just because no one paid attention (because it was the norm) does not mean people didn't like the cap being removed.
    Now it's the norm again and 1 month after release nobody will care anymore. All this whining right now is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    I mean target cap of 10 was added to kind of nerf the aoe potential of some classes back in wrath. This isn't really any different.
    It wasnt necessary, if they could put the cap in place for MDI where it started to become a problem that would be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    yes its not like blizzard lost millions and millions of subs over the years, having to delay the expansion because their stupid decissions that needs bandaid fixes because everything is broken I'm sure they know exactly what they are doing
    Dont forget that for the last three expansion they have outright admitted they ignored feedback and also that ignoring the feedback was a really bad decision.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

This was always an odd change that makes no sense at all.
    It makes classes less fun to play, it makes no sense what abilities hit what amount of targets and so on. It gets even more odd when some classes have half their AOE abilities hitting 5 and a few hitting 8 and then theres an un-capped one in there as well. I mean, why?

Confusing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This was always an odd change that makes no sense at all.
    It makes classes less fun to play, it makes no sense what abilities hit what amount of targets and so on. It gets even more odd when some classes have half their AOE abilities hitting 5 and a few hitting 8 and then theres an un-capped one in there as well. I mean, why?

Confusing to say the least.
    So all your key presses are "Meaningful Keypresses©"... Should I hit this spell for 7 targets or that other one for only 5... so much wow, so much gamplay

yes that stupid explanation can be thrown everywhere.

This is pathetic regardless, the best days of WoW were the true freeform days, farming HORDES of mobs with a frost mage by doing perfectly timed frost novas / blink / blizzards while herding the mobs on a mount beforehand was peak WoW.

Oh well, one of the many reasons i dropped this POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Dont forget that for the last three expansion they have outright admitted they ignored feedback and also that ignoring the feedback was a really bad decision.
    Lol and guess what they are doing now with their meaningful choice BS ? The exact same thing, will they apologize in 9.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Lol and guess what they are doing now with their meaningful choice BS ? The exact same thing, will they apologize in 9.1 ?
    Its what they've done for the last three expansions, so likely?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Isn't this just a cumulative recap of AoE changes?
    This changes were done trough alpha/beta and how things are for past.. 2months at least, if not more.

Prolly accidentally forgot to mention that in initial post.
    More engagements.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-10-12 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Now it's the norm again and 1 month after release nobody will care anymore. All this whining right now is ridiculous.
    You aren't the arbiter of what people think, my dude. Voice your opinion on the change and move on. You didn't even answer to me why you think this is a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    So all your key presses are "Meaningful Keypresses©"... Should I hit this spell for 7 targets or that other one for only 5... so much wow, so much gamplay

yes that stupid explanation can be thrown everywhere.
    Yeah, only no class really works like that.
    this is just confusing as heck and thats coming from someone that has been playing HC/Mythic/raids since vanilla.

I'd hate to be a new player now, trying to understand how and why things work the way they do. Silly.

What a dumb change...

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    So Eyebeam (aka the biggest AE Clusterfuck) stays the Same?
    This list is lacking the abilities that now scale by the square root formula. Eye Beam is one of these (in general, any ability that in SL says "deals less damage to secondary targets" without annotating a specific percentage uses the square root formula). Basically, for these abilities, the damage done per target equals the base damage divided by the square root of the number of targets, so you still deal more damage for each additional target, but it sees severe diminishing returns. For example, the total damage Eye Beam does against 10 targets is only a bit over 3 times as much damage as it deals against a single target. Against 40 targets, it deals a bit less than 6.5x as much damage as against a single target.

The Wowhead article on AoE abilities does a much better job of laying this out, incidentally: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...-capped-spells (sorry MMO-C mods, y'all really just need to do a better job at making articles like this. You can't just leave them half-complete like that).
    Even Angels must kill from time to time...

This change is ridiculous and the stupidest thing Blizzard could have done! It is as shitty as the cool down change. The fanboys celebrate such stupid changes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    This list is lacking the abilities that now scale by the square root formula. Eye Beam is one of these (in general, any ability that in SL says "deals less damage to secondary targets" without annotating a specific percentage uses the square root formula). Basically, for these abilities, the damage done per target equals the base damage divided by the square root of the number of targets, so you still deal more damage for each additional target, but it sees severe diminishing returns. For example, the total damage Eye Beam does against 10 targets is only a bit over 3 times as much damage as it deals against a single target. Against 40 targets, it deals a bit less than 6.5x as much damage as against a single target.

The Wowhead article on AoE abilities does a much better job of laying this out, incidentally: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/shado...-capped-spells (sorry MMO-C mods, y'all really just need to do a better job at making articles like this. You can't just leave them half-complete like that).
    Completely agree with you.
    As i said above, this is just cumulative update on changes that were done trough alpha/beta and listed spells are like this in past 2 months, even more.

I understand the need for providing useful information, which this somewhat is, but making uncomplete article or leaving out fact that these changes are already made while we were in early SL beta, meaning months ago when AoE tuning passes were done, with all due respect to MMOC mods, simply makes a confusion within community, which you can easily see just by looking at previous posts, and looks more like engagement bait, rather than actually being useful.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-10-12 at 04:50 PM.