Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    If they added it, it would be an extra roll just like pets are...........
    Even IF they're like that, if my rolls on gear came up negative and all I got was some chair from an extra roll that would be a shitty feeling. I would rather get nothing than my prize be a stool.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Even IF they're like that, if my rolls on gear came up negative and all I got was some chair from an extra roll that would be a shitty feeling. I would rather get nothing than my prize be a stool.
    What if you could at least get a good look at the stool first? Would it help if you could get your hands on a stool sample?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard from top men that player housing is on their priority list, just after playable Ogres, but sometime before letting Shaman top any charts.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Is now the time, when the expansion's been delayed and the playerbase is restless and the devs are supposed to be fine tuning balance, the time to add a new resource intensive system that will require much more time, resources and balance??

No. Frankly it's a stupid question given the circumstances.

The topic is cringe for pushing the housing agenda when players just want to get on with the new expansion. Not delay it another 6 months to shoehorn in another retarded housing system that doesn't fit the theme of the expansion in the first place.
    Clearly you didn't actually read and just wanted to be a dick. I said the end of the expansion when we have defeated the jailer and saved the shadowlands you know like in the prepatch for the expansion after Shadowlands. And I am talking more about the theme of a place of unlimited potential that is created by a person.

Any time would be a good time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Everyone asking for player housing, do yall realise your classes don't even have all the specs functioning properly.
    Yes, that was the excuse for not adding a new class as well. How is that working out?
    Should we stop all content development until that is taken care of? Or will you realise that it just isn't a priority for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'll concede to that point, assuming Blizzard implemented the ''drops'' as you say, that it could create a new form of collecting and a reason to farm old raids anew. The 'collector' in me would secretly love trying to get them all.

I still don't really get the appeal of player housing in general though. You either have to make it completely useless or you have to make it necessary (aka garrisons) and I did not really enjoy the latter, don't care too much about the former.
    Think of transmogs. It's completely useless and people still farm instances for them. Same for pets and pet battles.
    Housing would revitelize content throughout the whole game. Old dungeons and raids, reputations, systems. Everything can have life added to it with a housing system.

People like to customise stuff. That is why transmog is popular, that is why the pre-patch broke the login servers. That is why minecraft is a phenomenom. Creativity and your place in the world tied to everything else in the game.
    There is nothing not to like. Many people like to make their own place in the world.

Unfortunely many here in WoW can't think of the game as anything more than a power grind rather than an mmorpg. It's disheartening and totally the devs fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    If you get to experience WOD clASSic, you too will be able to experience the best blizzard has to offer in player housing by opening up the most epic expansion feature called Garrisons. And I know what you’re thinking.. but you’ll make so much gold from the LEGENDARY mission table - you will be able to play wow sub free for life.. it’s the best player housing any of us deserve - blizzard did it right. Vote Bobby Layoff for Blizzard CEO - dont forget to vote everyone, because everyone here cares about sub numbers and owns so much blizz stock make sure to not pass up the epic cow milking experience to play one of the best wow expansions of all time

I think the issue quickly arises of what would the housing do?

While some people enjoy collecting things simply to set up interesting layout (animal crossing for example) wow's playerbase is largely focused on practical gains.

I struggle to see what housing could offer that wouldn't make it mandatory or mostly ignored by the bulk of the playerbase while at the same time eating up large amount of resources.

Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Isn't it great how subjective all of that stuff is? For me, mythic+ is wasted dev time, but many would disagree.

Didn't you make that post before? At this point i think you are just trying to rile up the keyboard warriors here that are already frothing at the mouth.

Anyway..Imho the wow playerbase doesn't deserve it, they wouldn't appreciate actual RPG aspects even if they were jumping at their faces and rather jerk off to faux choices.

That being said, if after SL is a good time is entirely predicated on what the next expansion brings. Obviously if we spend our time on some far away planet then no, it wouldn't make sense. if we get a world revamp and spend more time near old established places then sure. If we spend the whole expansion in a cave under the sea then probably not so much either.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Just like battle pets? Yet that happend, and they keep throwing recources at them..

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm imagining killing a Mythic dungeon boss or a raid boss and instead of receiving some gear or collectable, I get a chair or some rug. That would make me not want to do that content.
    Ah yes of course, getting a memorial that you could place in your home would be so much worse than getting a battle pet that you never use or a toy that you can't even use in the next expansion for some reason. Do you have any even less rational fears we can help you with?

Also most housing stuff would simply be recycling art assets that are already ingame and used as backdrops. The biggest effort that goes into it is DB management to store the players' homes, the placement GUI as well as cranking out some crafting recipes. Only the last one being a continous work expenditure.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-16 at 07:02 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    FFXIV has a robust player housing system and seems to be the largest competitor WoW has had in a decade.
    It's a defacto competitor though. It isn't doing anything special, there just isn't anything else that isnt wow or ftp garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

So...player housing...something like your base in Warlords?
    Mother pus bucket!

I don't see why end of shadowlands would be a better reason than any other expansion. It's housing. You don't need a lore reason to include it...

It's not included because it's fluff and wasted dev time. It will cost content in other areas and players will complain there aren't enough of gameplay content or less of it because it housing that provides no gameplay.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I think it’ll be the perfect time to implement Tinkers. Time skip allows advancement of technology.
    Also, it’s the perfect time to bring out Necromancers. After all, when could we have a better time to discover the arts of working, and manipulating, the dead.
    Also also, it would be a great time to implement WoW 2. Going with the time skip we could have a whole new world to explore.
    Also also also, we could start getting 3rd and 4th specs for classes.
    Also also also also, we could...yeah, just let the devs do their thing.

Player housing sounds terrible. If its successful players would end up spending a lot of time in there, leaving the world empty just like in WoD, and if its not successful its just not worth implementing in the first place.

I don't think wow is a good game to have player housing or it would require a sacrifice of a raid tier, new zone and a dungeon to be not boring or optional as pet battles are which would never happen. Pet battle dungeons are not developed anymore because of this. I believe it's too niche without any power tied to it. And if you tie power to that - it would have to be interesting and well developed and we come back on sacrificing a major patch content for something which is not "build a building" with very little customization.

Player housing was tried in the form of garrisons and was overall disliked and one of the more negatively received features wow ever received.

I do not know how other mmos implemented player housing (never played a mmo that had it) but WoW is already just about teleporting to raid/dungeon/BG/arena when a popup shows up and either doing dailies or afking in the meantime.

Not sure in what way would player housing be a worthwhile addition to WoW considering all that.
    Seems to me the vast majority of players would not even bother trying out this feature.

Everyone suggesting player housing basically describes Garrisons. The only real difference I've heard is to put it in major cities. Some people here talking like they can get an actual unique physical location on a server with thousands of people, in cities that would struggle to house triple digits.

Player housing was tried in WoD and it didn't fit the game at all. Either suggest something that brings it from pointless to a feature people would love, while keeping *actual* limitations in mind. I get the feeling the majority of people begging for player housing didn't play WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: no it isn't.

Typing these answers took about the same time Blizzard should spent on player housing.