Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    Guess you didn't play during uldir? Just because you played for a long time doesn't mean you know how a class works. Go ask any of the warrior theorycrafters they'll tell you that stuff was gone since at least legion, probably wod too.
    gone? what was the whole of bfa? the very same people not wanting a warrior dps at s1 were looking for warrior dps starting from s3. go back to play your shadow dps mate. you are dreaming. wow logs are in front of me. I do not need theory I have proven evidence already. scaling hit the warrior hardest.

Ok I'm sure your personal experience has more credibility than the maths behind our specs.

@silmarilen
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...t=95&class=DPS
    please check the rankings before and after prepatch. it is not personal. It is there.
    if you say wowlogs are wrong, I concede defeat.

Guess you didn't play during uldir? Just because you played for a long time doesn't mean you know how a class works. Go ask any of the warrior theorycrafters they'll tell you that stuff was gone since at least legion, probably wod too
    Fury warrior wasn't viable for Uldir, 9/10 (or more like 9.9/10) warriors played arms.
    Fury outscaled arms as the time went on.
    How is Gref wrong?
    Scaling throughout the BFA affected warriors a lot, and this is the greatest example.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    Fury warrior wasn't viable for Uldir, 9/10 (or more like 9.9/10) warriors played arms.
    How is Gref wrong?
    Scaling throughout the BFA affected warriors a lot, and this is the greatest example.
    Arms was one of the top3 specs in uldir, if this "warrior scales with gear" thing still existed they wouldn't be top3 in the first tier.
    Fury was top3 in EP but was around the middle in nyalotha, if this "warrior scales with gear" thing still existed they would continue to be one of the top specs in nyalotha.

The reason fury passed arms after uldir was because arms got some hefty nerfs, then arms got a couple of buffs again later and the addition of lucid dreams major combined with test of might being beyond broken made them the powerhouse they were in nyalotha. This has nothing to do with inherent warrior scaling and everything with borrowed power being imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @silmarilen
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...t=95&class=DPS
    please check the rankings before and after prepatch. it is not personal. It is there.
    if you say wowlogs are wrong, I concede defeat.
    I already went into that in an edit in my previous post.
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2020-10-19 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    How is Gref wrong?
    absofuckinglutely this. I remember it like yesterday getting agi polearm as bis for my arms from yogsaron.
    Then in icecrown I was wielding shadowmourne and another two handed mace as fury.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if this "scaling with gear" thing was still a thing we would still be topping the meters right now since we're still wearing mythic endgame gear. If anything the current numbers disprove your claim.
    dude, the haste from the gear is gone. mastery deep wounds changed. It is absolutely the reason why we are sucking balls deep now. If our gear had the same haste nothing would change. Do not you see this is scaling?

the more haste, the more normal attacks, the more rage and also more changes to crit and get more rage. THUS you can do more yellow attacks.

If this is not scaling, I do not know what it is.

dude, the haste from the gear is gone. mastery deep wounds changed. It is absolutely the reason why we are sucking balls deep now. If our gear had the same haste nothing would change. Do not you see this is scaling?

the more haste, the more normal attacks, the more rage and also more changes to crit and get more rage. THUS you can do more yellow attacks.

If this is not scaling, I do not know what it is.
    Ok, every spec in the game scales with gear, otherwise you would still be doing uldir dps in nyalotha. When we're talking about warriors specifically we're refering to the myth that warrior scales *better* than other specs, which it doesn't.

Haste isn't gone, corruption is gone. Even without corruption our secondaries are about as high as you can realistically expect to reach by the end of shadowlands unless they add another stupid system similar to corruption which i doubt.

And even then, the reason arms scaled so hard with haste is because of test of might, without test of might haste isn't nearly as impactful as it was in 8.3 so the scaling out of control thing won't be there in a similar sense in shadowlands either.
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2020-10-20 at 12:01 AM.

Try downloading a rotation helper maybe? ConRo is really good. You will of also took a pasting because you're without corruptions now.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This basically, it´s amazing that after 15 years and countless attempted fixes they still can´t get it right.
    Assuming it isn´t right right now, but frankly past experiences makes it seem pointless to doubt you.

So yeah, work on an alt at the start or something and hope this expansion is not too alt unfriendly.
    warriors used to have it way worse before rage got normalized,before warriors always started weaker than everyone else every expansion because rage generation scaled better with more gear

also the problem in recent expansions and why classes feel off early on in pre patch,is because classes arent made as complete entities anymore,they are built to be complete when you get the systems going,like legenderies covenants conduits etc,that is the complete class

Ok, every spec in the game scales with gear, otherwise you would still be doing uldir dps in nyalotha. When we're talking about warriors specifically we're refering to the myth that warrior scales *better* than other specs, which it doesn't.
    6 secs window. 0 haste. You swing your weapon for 2 times and get enough rage for 1 mortal strike. no crits. let says numbers are 300+300+600(ms)=1200damage in total.

now with all that haste
    6 secs window. 4 weapon swings. rage for both ms and a slam. and 4 tries for a crit vs 2 tries for a crit.

I am not an expert on other classes, but I do not see this on my shadow priest, or mage. They are not resource demanding. They do not have to wait for 1-2 second so that he can cast mind blast as he is starving rage. Everything is on a fixed cooldown. Mana is a no issue. yes you build madness but to built that there is no downtime. You keep dpssing with your skills.

I fuckking cannot use skills on every cool down because there is not enough rage! Haste fixes it. This is SCALING.
    But you say we are undertuned. So blizzard has to increase raw damage of warriors. This is not scaling. This is TUNING.

done with this. because according to you, blizzard may or may not fix our dps with TUNING. that is it. THat means we will be scrapping the bottom whole SL if they DO NOT TUNE our raw dps up.
    Last edited by Gref; 2020-10-20 at 12:37 AM.

because according to you, blizzard may or may not fix our dps with TUNING. that is it. THat means we will be scrapping the bottom whole SL if they DO NOT TUNE our raw dps up.
    Finally you understand.

Finally you understand.
    I am happy to understand your point. Too bad you fail to see how scaling works.

I am happy to understand your point. Too bad you fail to see how scaling works.
    I just don't get it. All the information is right there in front of you and yet you still fall into this myth. I hope one day you will understand how the game works but until then please don't try to tell other people your fantasies about class balance.

1: arms was top dps in the first tier of bfa
    2: fury actually dropped in standing going from one tier to the next despite not recieving any nerfs
    3: we're currently still wearing endgame gear with the kind of stats you can expect in the final tier of shadowlands

Please, for the love of god, grow a brain.
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2020-10-20 at 01:28 AM.

stat scale hits the warriors hardest as usual nothing new. You suck until the mid patch then get to be fine at the last patch till the next expansion.
    Do you not realize that, despite losing corruption, we still have secondary stat values reflective of the last patch of an expansion? And that those only lower as we level in Shadowlands? The fact that we aren't doing well now indicates that Warriors don't just have some magically scaling which supersedes everything else (like azerite powers and essences or even the ever changing class design/tuning)

I mean, even if you were to look at historical data, Arms was great for both Emerald Nightmare and Uldir.
    Last edited by Antipode; 2020-10-20 at 01:41 AM.

right all good. I will wait for blizz to tune the dps UP just like they always do. lmao ffs.
    off to work.

Balance in pre-patch doesn't matter much, and everything is in flux anyway as Blizz balances for Shadowlands itself. Fury's a bit low, Arms is mid of the pack, things are fine overall.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

stat scale hits the warriors hardest as usual nothing new. You suck until the mid patch then get to be fine at the last patch till the next expansion.
    That's not true... At launch, Arms warrior were middle-upper tier for melee dps in Uldir and they were #1 in Emerald Nightmare and ToV in Legion for melee dps lol.
    Last edited by SoSunny; 2020-11-10 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote

Always a good laugh when I see some1 posting this, you are outdated as fuck if you still think this is true.

Gotta admit, it's a bit annoying to sim 3.2k dps with enchants and everything and have pala's with blue pulling 3.6k
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Gotta admit, it's a bit annoying to sim 3.2k dps with enchants and everything and have pala's with blue pulling 3.6k
    If anyone watched Asmon on his normal nathria raid on Tuesday, you'll know just how bad warriors are currently, Asmon is by no means a bad player and some would say is actually pretty good at playing his warrior. He could barely manage 3k DPS, while mcconnel (ret pally) was pushing closer to 6k, most of the MM hunters were doing just as much if not more.

So suffice to say warrior dps and tanking is broken currently. Sure they might improve with gear in 6 months or so but until then no one will be playing them.