Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Paris attack: Teacher ‘decapitated’ and anti-terror probe launched

A history teacher has died after being stabbed and “decapitated” in the street in a suspected terror attack near Paris, according to police.

The victim is believed to have shown his students caricatures of Islam’s Prophet Muhammad during a lesson earlier this month.

France's anti-terrorism prosecutor is investigating the incident in the town of Conflans-Sainte-Honorine, around 25km north west of the capital.

The attacker was shot dead by police about 600 metres away from the scene of the stabbing, near Eragny. He was armed with a knife and an airsoft gun, police said.

A police source also told the Reuters news agency that witnesses heard the attacker shout Allah Akbar, or God is Great.

Local media reported that the attacker claimed responsibility on Twitter with the words: "To Macron, the leader of the infidels, I executed one of your hellhounds who dared to belittle Muhammad".
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1078508.html

10+ Year Old Account
    They said the teacher showed a picture of that dip shit violent prophet cock sucker and they had to kill her for it. At least the sack of shit got his brains blown out.

It wasn’t in Paris.

Preaching extremist imams should be given lengthy jail sentencings, preferably kept isolated so they don't continue in prison, and deported after... they target easily manipulated people, especially youth, to carry out such heinous acts. Their bullshit should be thoroughly kept out and not be tolerated with in the West.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-10-16 at 07:27 PM.

It's strange that so many news sites are referring to it as a 'stabbing' rather than a decapitation. It's an awful event and it should absolutely not be downplayed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Faith head... Religion is about the ultimate meaning of life so you when you criticize it you're basically attacking their only reason for existing. Richard Dawkins should be in charge of integration in Europe, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It wasn’t in Paris.
    It was 25km outside Paris, it's normal to use the nearest largest city when dealing with a wide audience. Conflans Sainte-Honorine is technically where it occurred, but it's in the Paris area. Do we need to name every suburb of large cities in news stories?

I used to live in Mill Creek, WA, but it was pointless to use that in the context of speaking to people in Russia or Greece or Israel. I told them I was in the Seattle area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It wasn’t in Paris.
    It's a reveal. They want to sensationalize the story to confirm their own biases. Also, that the authorities have not confirmed the decapitation part yet. Its all about maximizing the hot take.

Nothing ruins a conversation faster than lying about where you're from.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    It was 25km outside Paris, it's normal to use the nearest largest city when dealing with a wide audience. Conflans Sainte-Honorine is technically where it occurred, but it's in the Paris area. Do we need to name every suburb of large cities in news stories?

I used to live in Mill Creek, WA, but it was pointless to use that in the context of speaking to people in Russia or Greece or Israel. I told them I was in the Seattle area.
    You don’t call it a Paris attack when it’s not in Paris. We don’t call things an Amsterdam attack when it’s in Zaandam. Places have names for a reason. This is sensationalism, trying to make it seem bigger than it is. It’s a murder 25km from Paris. Not a Paris attack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It's a reveal. They want to sensationalize the story to confirm their own biases. Also, that the authorities have not confirmed the decapitation part yet. Its all about maximizing the hot take.

Nothing ruins a conversation faster than lying about where you're from.
    Exactly!

/10char

So what's being done to ensure this doesn't happen again?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    They should the attacker dead. He most definitely won't be doing this again.

I'm sure they'll be setting up a PreCrime department any time now.

Terrible but I'm not really sure what there is to talk about without it immediately branching into a talk about religion or immigration.

France has a big integration problem, more so than others. Germany also has a big Muslim population but I do not remember beheadings in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    They should the attacker dead. He most definitely won't be doing this again.
    He means to say "why aren't we killing Muslim citizens?".
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-10-16 at 11:04 PM.

Dude is dead and explaining himself before a higher authority.

...moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    France has a big integration problem, more so than others. Germany also has a big Muslim population but I do not remember beheadings in there.

- - - Updated - - -

He means to say "why aren't we killing Muslim citizens?".
    That reminds me, have Turkish police stopped the intimidation of Armenians in Istanbul yet? Or do we need to wait for another Hrant Dink-style murder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Faith head... Religion is about the ultimate meaning of life so you when you criticize it you're basically attacking their only reason for existing. Richard Dawkins should be in charge of integration in Europe, imo.
    Nah.

It's more than that. Most people, including Muslims, can handle a little mockery without becoming super violent. There's a deeper pathological issue with the nuts who go out and perpetrate these crimes. I'm not fond of religion, but it takes real psychological mental illness to be in a state where you commit premeditated murder over criticism of your world view.
    Putin khuliyo

Glad the fucker who did it is dead.

I know we're not supposed to wish bad things for people, but I'm willing to take an infraction for wishing bad things on murderous asshats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Religion of peace everybody.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-19 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Considering they shot the attacker dead, I don't know what else they could do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Destroy the brain to prevent him becoming a zombie? Drive a wooden stake through his heart in case he is a vampire?

I am already amused by the general direction this thread is taking. Chu chu the racism train is already leaving the station.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-10-17 at 01:50 AM.