Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Use gender neutral names, end thread lol.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Who knows where things will stand in 2021
    2040 not even genders will have genders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Dave could be your character's middle/last name, or could even be short for something like... Daveina?
    I knew a Davina who went by Davie most of her life.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Use gender neutral names, end thread lol.
    I do that or just name character somethibg based off their class like Brewshine for my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by theundad View Post
    Really enjoying the new barber shop customisation options...

Being able to swap a characters gender without paying for it is great and probably a bit overdue.

One thing.. Can someone tell me if I'm missing something here?..

Let's say I've got a Forsaken Rogue called Dave. Dave undergoes some barber shop gender reassignment..

Lady Dave is still called Dave.

I can't see where I change the name? Any ideas?
    Cannot change the name in-game unless through one of the paid processes in the in-game shop.

Also, you could already technically change your gender in World of Warcraft since WoD since it's a 5-minute buff on a 2-minute cooldown potion. Of course, you'll have to buy it in bulk...
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

Dave obviously is still doing his 1 year living as a woman thing before the barber makes the final cuts.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    They changed a paid service into a free server but ITS ALL JUST A CONSPIRACY TO MAKE YOU BUY NAME CHANGE!

/tinfoil
    Don't forget the OuTrAgEoUs COST of the name change!!! 10 USD would buy me exactly 1 burger from my favourite fast food restaurant!
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    2021: Great! Now we can't tell whether news reports are from the US or Belarus other than by hearing "Trump" or "Maga" in there...

Half naked blood elf walks up to you.
    Blood elf in deep voice: "Sup, mah names Steve, you want this portal or nah?"

Makes me think of Mrs. Monarch from the venture bros. XD

low-key mental sickness eh

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Come again?
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    2021: Great! Now we can't tell whether news reports are from the US or Belarus other than by hearing "Trump" or "Maga" in there...

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    What are you even replying to?

Being able to swap a characters gender without paying for it is great and probably a bit overdue.

Let's say I've got a Forsaken Rogue called Dave. Dave undergoes some barber shop gender reassignment..

Def pretty weird to basically bake 95% of a $15 microtransaction into the game but not the last 5%

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Def pretty weird to basically bake 95% of a $15 microtransaction into the game but not the last 5%
    Name changes, as far as I know (haven't used one, only going by second-hand information here), remove you from other people's friend lists, and I think out of their ignore lists as well.

Plus, with transmogrification in the game you can already look different from day to day, and that's not counting all the cosmetic toys. Your name is the one identifier people have in the game.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!

That's why you give your character gender neutral names or outlandish names. So if you change genders at the barber shop you don't have to shell out money for a name change.

I'm waiting for the free race change myself. Since you know, they keep changing animations every expac. Still foaming mad about how they made Orc Female 2h trash back in WoD or Legion or whatever with the new models.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Bruv, they changed a paying service into a free one, just for once, appreciate it and dont search for the evil marketing reason.
    there is always a marketing reason.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I'm waiting for the free race change myself. Since you know, they keep changing animations every expac. Still foaming mad about how they made Orc Female 2h trash back in WoD or Legion or whatever with the new models.
    What did they even change? Orc female always had a pretty bad 2H animation - I know because it was my main in Vanilla and I hated using a 2H because it looked dumb.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    What did they even change? Orc female always had a pretty bad 2H animation - I know because it was my main in Vanilla and I hated using a 2H because it looked dumb.
    bro the dope 360 horizontal cleave went away

that animation was the best, way better than this modern superman basketball dunk trash

found my old imgur of it

https://i.imgur.com/KSdT58t.gifv
    Last edited by Daffan; 2020-10-19 at 06:26 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.
    Classic+ Retune/New Boss Abilities >>> #nochanges crowd

Love all these folks upset that their traditional names no longer match the sex of the characters in a fantasy game where there is no precedent.

Also many names just have meaning to them and we only assign them genders because of tradition.

Sofia means wisdom, but not used as a boy name.

Jacob means "grasps at the heel" and is also the root of the name James, but they aren't used as names for girls.

Oh, here's a great one, Sasha. Boys names in Russia, girls name in America.

Y'all need to just get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Eh, everyone kinda got slammed with that and it sucked. They pretty much just "normalized" all melee animations for each spec which made characters seem a bit boring.

I think part of it had to do with PvP - so you could know what attack someone just did and why your health just got chunked - but also because they wanted unique attack animations rather than either using a generic racial one or having to animate say 24 different rampages for each race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Half naked blood elf walks up to you.
    Blood elf in deep voice: "Sup, mah names Steve, you want this portal or nah?"

Makes me think of Mrs. Monarch from the venture bros. XD
    Welcome to 15 years ago when you finally heard a guildy on teamspeak that you always just assumed was a lady because they only played female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    They could add the option to create a new for each gender, so. If you swap gender your name swaps automatically.if u wanna change the name later u need to pay.
    That would just lead people to eating up all of the good names rather than most of them.