Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering is left out of Legendaries crafting ?

I couldn't find any info on it, this is really bad if it's the case since crafting is a big part of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I couldn't find any info on it, this is really bad if it's the case since crafting is a big part of the expansion.
    Crafting isn't a big part of the expansion most people will use two to three crafted equipment items per spec and while I can see an argument for engineers to be able to craft a helm and trinket item it seems redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Crafting isn't a big part of the expansion most people will use two to three crafted equipment items per spec and while I can see an argument for engineers to be able to craft a helm and trinket item it seems redundant.
    So in the game warCRAFT, crafting items doesn't matter?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    yeah it is... kinda bullshit...

Inscription makes the runes
    leather-tailor-blacksmith make the armor
    enchanters make the enchants
    but then engineer...
    woulda been sick if they made legendary helmets, belts, gloves, and capes with special effects if you are an engineer. (better glider, speed boost belt, rocket gloves, gun helmet) but only useable by engineer, like past engineer gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are still at least long term not completely done figuring out what to do with professions. I think they are ok with that they did for SL but overall I do agree more can be done but I only speak for Blacksmithing so... yeah.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

they should just copy ff14 system, having the ability to have all profession on one character, in shadowland, you will be force to have multiple character only because of the legendaries, i dont complained, i love leveing alts but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHopper View Post
    Yep. Just do the content you get better then anything crafted you only need a few easy to get pieces for your leggo then nothing else.

Yes,because it means the craft of war,not you rping as a 70 year old grandma sewing scarfs for your kiddies.

5+ Year Old Account
    We really don't want you to use engineering , before addition of Tinker class.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    SHHHHH, dont summon him - things are peaceful for now, and unless summoned, he shall not return until 6 months before the next expansion. Enjoy this moment - enjoy it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    SHHHHH, dont summon him - things are peaceful for now, and unless summoned, he shall not return until 6 months before the next expansion. Enjoy this moment - enjoy it.
    You got me , my evil rituals in work.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Welcome to the last 10 years of WoW.

That being said, it's kinda obvious. Engineering is fun-stuff/toy profession for the most part, at least it has been largely treated like that for ages. Every now and then they give it a usefull item to fill the quota, but that is about it. Since there are no legendary weapons - for obvious reasons - enchanting and engineering are kinda left out here. I mean even inscription just happens to be able to get some use this expansion since they decided to redesign most of the (still utterly useless) armor crafting process.

There is also zero benefit to actually have the ability to craft legendary blanks on a character, you can learn it with any kind of alt, since all that matters is funneling materials and gold coins that way which doesn't even involve the crafting profession most of the time.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was already fairly pissed at the "ineffective above level ##" restriction placed on various existing items that I use somewhat regularly.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Archetus_t...ner_(sinstone)

Archetus was a genius who chose to discard their empathy for the purity of design.
    By their hands, designs for architecture of infinite complexity arose, with near endless traps and enslaved monsters encased within.
    By their hands, the unwitting were tricked into games of chance, then released into their creations, entrapped and destined to starve or be slain.
    Not for judgment, not for vengeance, but for sheer amusement.
    Their genius earned them a place in Craftenium, but their smile earned them a place in Revendreth first.
    Rid the soul of their smug superiority. Purge them of their pride. Then and only then may redemption come.
    I won't care about profit or utility at all if Engineers got exclusive access to a Craftenium zone, like an Order Hall just for Engineers.

You dont want to farm professions on every char. In fact it is better to have one char maxed out (rank4) to make some gold since it takes effort to level stuff.

There is no need to have rank 1 or 2 on an alt when you can buy rank4 stuff without effort.

Engineering with its battle ress has a useful utility. In fact i'd argue that a m+ progress char NEEDS engineering. It just isnt about gold or legendaries.

And where are herbs and alchemy in your calc?
    Last edited by Aurosh; 2020-10-18 at 09:47 PM.

Engineering has been getting shafted for a while now, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    they should just copy ff14 system, having the ability to have all profession on one character, in shadowland, you will be force to have multiple character only because of the legendaries, i dont complained, i love leveing alts but it is what it is
    How do people make money on professions in 14 if everyone has access to them?

That would be my main concern with such a change. Although I know almost nothing about 14, even if currency matters in that game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Welcome to the last 10 years of WoW.

That being said, it's kinda obvious. Engineering is fun-stuff/toy profession for the most part, at least it has been largely treated like that for ages. Every now and then they give it a usefull item to fill the quota, but that is about it. Since there are no legendary weapons - for obvious reasons - enchanting and engineering are kinda left out here. I mean even inscription just happens to be able to get some use this expansion since they decided to redesign most of the (still utterly useless) armor crafting process.

There is also zero benefit to actually have the ability to craft legendary blanks on a character, you can learn it with any kind of alt, since all that matters is funneling materials and gold coins that way which doesn't even involve the crafting profession most of the time.
    I think it balances Engineering offering unparalleled utility, such as Jeeves and Blingtron, as well.

Albeit it hasn't gotten a significant new toy in a while, granted, what it does get is often unique and useful from xpack to xpack, which is quite rare.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    How do people make money on professions in 14 if everyone has access to them?

That would be my main concern with such a change. Although I know almost nothing about 14, even if currency matters in that game or not.
    If I remember correctly it manly comes down to time. Generally people don't want to spend the time and resources gathering and producing every crafting item.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Exactly my thought.

Kinda like how they gutted and made Survival useless to turn people's attention away from the spec during the later stage of WoD, only to "rEvAmP" it...