Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What age did you move out of your parents home?

I was 18.////

17, I moved in with my older sister when she started college and I was about to start college.

I was 16 when I did, got myself a nice little apartment with sauna
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    I was 18.////
    Way too late. 27 I moved out of my mothers and moved in with my dad for 2 years while I returned to school. So technically 29.

It was my fault mostly. I made very bad choices when I was younger.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Moved out to go to college at 17, got an apartment with gf at 20, bought first house at 26.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First time when I was 19, then due to stuff I moved back in with them again when I was 22 or 23? Then moved out again at 27.
    - Lars

Moved out to go to college when I turned 18, still had a room there over the summers and long holidays until I graduated at 22.

7+ Year Old Account
    {10 char}

10+ Year Old Account
    I first moved out when I was 19, then moved back into their house a few months later because they were both gone. Then I moved out again at 20 because I bought an apartment.

10+ Year Old Account
    i still live with them sadly. want to move out.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

So we counting going to college? If so, then 18. If not, then I was 25 when I bought my house in 06. 2 years later my parents moved into my house when my sister and her hubby up and vanished on me after not paying me rent for 3 months (which fucked me over). Nearly 40 and I am still with my parents because it is rather tough to live solo at $11 an hour. I refuse to do the roommate thing again, and I have no desire for a significant other. I'd rather be looked down on while living with my parents in a decent neighborhood than being "on my own" in a shit neighborhood with a high likelyhood of getting my place broken into.

I left at 18 living the dorm life. Came back at 21 for a bit and had a job that allowed me to live in my current apartment at 23.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    17. I joined the Army. One of the best decisions I have made in my life.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

22 I finished my studies first.

Technically 15, since I moved over to Grandmoms in another city to study for 3 years. Got my own apartment after. At 25 I moved back to moms for 5 months while I was looking for a new place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Went to college at 18, but I went back home around 23 and still live with them at 25. My job is less than 10 minutes away so it's really convenient. If I were to leave the house in Orange County, rent would just be absurd. I'd rather live with my parents right now close to my work than give up a large enough percentage of my salary to just go live by myself and commute.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-15 at 06:34 PM.

17, when I first start uni. Came home after graduating and eventually got my own place in 2006.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember now since it's been a long time, but I think around 22 or 23. I lived at home and commuted to uni because the cost of living is very high where I went to school, and I wouldn't have been able to move unless I both worked full time and had multiple roommates, and even then it would have been very challenging. In contrast, my parents charged me very low rent, allowing me to work part time and focus on studies. Commuting wasn't fun but it was a beneficial arrangement for everyone.

Even after graduating, I did not move out until I had someone to split rent with because even when I worked full time for over double minimum wage, it was not possible to afford rent on my own even for a small studio/1b.

I don't personally see a problem with people living at home unless they are doing it to shirk life's responsibilities. I know there is a big social stigma against it in the west, but it can make sense in a lot of situations.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

wait i am supposed to move out???

24 me and my brother moved to another state when a job offered us a transfer and pay the moving cost.

first apt cost 750.00. 2br, 2 floors, full finished basement....that place is now going for 1400. Yet income has not risen 85% for the average 24 year old so ya... moving out in this state might be a lot harder then it was.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i still live with them sadly. want to move out.
    Get it gurl, what's stopping you?

On topic 18 to college only went back for 4 weeks one summer.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.