Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Yeh, I could have looked up a guide online. I do read the dungeon journal things though, to get a rough idea of what things to interupt/what stuff not to stand in.

But how is my own "ignorance" stopping the other 20~ DPS in the raid killing puffer fish on the eel boss? I've never been there. I've asked in raid chat what I should be doing. And not a single other person knows either! What can I do to improve this? Before every LFR, go watch a full video on YouTube, condense that down into a macro, spam that in chat and HOPE everyone reads it - That's assuming you can even find two tanks!

Again, I've just left a LFR group without even hitting a single mob. It was the first boss in Circle of Stars. 2 stacks of Determination. One tank offline. It dumps me into this group and since we can't find another tank, the first tank drops group. About half the raid leave. It ends up me and two other people sitting there, so I grabbed a drink and after about 10~ minutes of nothing happened, I left the group too.

HOW IS MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE GOING TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING TO ME FIVE TIMES IN ONE NIGHT?

As my opener said, I do not remember LFR ever being this much of a failure. Hell, I'm trying to do a world quest to kill a big Elite Dino and I can't even find a group for that either! The new leveling experience is amazing, but my time spent at 50 while trying to actually play with other people has been an utter nightmare!
    Do not do LFR, that's all we can tell you. LFR is for very bad people, it ever was. You see people there that (pre-9.0.1) did 5k dps, with 430 ilvl, standing in everything that you could stay in.

Yeh, I could have looked up a guide online. I do read the dungeon journal things though, to get a rough idea of what things to interupt/what stuff not to stand in.

But how is my own "ignorance" stopping the other 20~ DPS in the raid killing puffer fish on the eel boss? I've never been there. I've asked in raid chat what I should be doing. And not a single other person knows either! What can I do to improve this? Before every LFR, go watch a full video on YouTube, condense that down into a macro, spam that in chat and HOPE everyone reads it - That's assuming you can even find two tanks!

Again, I've just left a LFR group without even hitting a single mob. It was the first boss in Circle of Stars. 2 stacks of Determination. One tank offline. It dumps me into this group and since we can't find another tank, the first tank drops group. About half the raid leave. It ends up me and two other people sitting there, so I grabbed a drink and after about 10~ minutes of nothing happened, I left the group too.

HOW IS MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE GOING TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING TO ME FIVE TIMES IN ONE NIGHT?

As my opener said, I do not remember LFR ever being this much of a failure. Hell, I'm trying to do a world quest to kill a big Elite Dino and I can't even find a group for that either! The new leveling experience is amazing, but my time spent at 50 while trying to actually play with other people has been an utter nightmare!
    To be clear, i'm not trying to shit on you here, just wanted to point this out.

Everyone else being ignorant of mechanics doesn't mean it's ok for you to be as well. I mean, it is ok, but not when you're complaining about the poor quality of LFR, while simultaneously being part of why it's poor quality.

And like I said, the tank problems aren't your fault, I get it.

Also I should mention that a TONNNN of people who either didn't play this expansion or quit early in it, came back for this pre-patch. There are a ton of inexperienced people in LFR right now. It's 100% going to be worse than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    you lost any credibility you might've had when you said you went into lfr on a brand new warrior. I bet you didn't even have good gear, you just threw on whatever had the highest ivl and jumped in.
    Please explain what he should have done. Keep your "explanation" to LFR level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes... LFR is open to me. I'm rocking an ilevel of 70 (no idea if that's good or bad, but I can que up, so it's gotta be good?) and my HoA got bumped up to level 61 thanks to doing the Magni quests.

If you're saying "Don't play the game until you over-gear it", well... No thanks! If the game doesn't think my gear is up to scratch, then it shouldn't let me que! I did manage to kill G'hun earlier though which was fun. But that boss is what, 18 months old now? Older? I've no problem with learning the tactics. Wiping. Things going slower 'cos people are less geared or skilled. What I do have a problem with, is 24~ other people either not trying or the system designed to group those people together flat out not working.
    item level isn't the only thing that matters, surprise surprise. You can't just throw on whatever gear and expect to be good.

you lost any credibility you might've had when you said you went into lfr on a brand new warrior. I bet you didn't even have good gear, you just threw on whatever had the highest ivl and jumped in.
    That's exactly what one does if the ilvl you need is reached. I never take special items below higher end, always highest ilvl - on 465-475 pieces it was different, obviously. Still, there are people that did 5k dps with 430 gear, THAT was the problem, not the gearpieces in themself.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, little backstory - Played BfA at release, I think up until the Jaina raid or the Naga raid was released. I know I stopped playing before even stepping foot into the Naga raid, or finishing off the questing zone for it.

After hitting level 50 on a brand new Warrior, I thought I'd head into LFR. I remembered it being pretty chill about a year-or-so ago when I played. Most people seemed to know the tactics. If they didn't, bosses died 2nd or 3rd attempt. It didn't take that long to find a group. Oh God. How times have changed.

Five LFRs, in a row, have resulted in me joining a broken raid that's 1 tank down and 2-3 stacks gained of Determination. The first one was Crucible of Storms (which I know is meant to be "hard"), but no-one, myself included seemed to have any idea what to do! Apparantly you can kill it with a single tank! Well, good luck with that! So, after wiping 3 or 4 times, someone ninja-pulled while the raid of 10~ players left were waiting for more to join and I quit.

Tried to join it again later in the day. Same thing. Missing 1 tank, high on Determination. I left.

Tried to join for The Circle of Stars - Places me at the 2nd boss, Azshara. I ask in chat what the strats are as it's my first time here. The only reply is 2 stacks of determination. And only one tank. After about 10-15 minutes of people joining, people leaving and never finding a second tank, I left too.

I qued up for it again and it placed me at the first boss. Again, I ask what's going on. Silence. We wipe. No-one knows you have to kill the puffer fish. We re-try. We wipe, as at the second ledge, no-one but me is killing pufferfish.

And now I'm sat in a LFR instance, waiting with six other people for the group to re-fill. I don't ever remember it being quite this bad, even back when it first launched in Cata, or when you could legit go AFK during bosses for MoP. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I just flat-out advoid LFR and try to find some people running the raids on normal mode? 'cos after today I'm starting to question why anyone would legit sub month after month for this kind of content!

TL;DR: LFR sucks and keeps putting me into raids with only one tank. No-one knows the tactics. Is this normal 2 years into an exspansion?
    Sorry you had a rough time of it, but what right do you have to complain about people not knowing the tactics when you, yourself, do not know the tactics?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Do not do LFR, that's all we can tell you. LFR is for very bad people, it ever was. You see people there that (pre-9.0.1) did 5k dps, with 430 ilvl, standing in everything that you could stay in.
    ok mr. Elite. Sit down, shut up and stop shitting on people who only do lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what one does if the ilvl you need is reached. I never take special items below higher end, always highest ilvl - on 465-475 pieces it was different, obviously. Still, there are people that did 5k dps with 430 gear, THAT was the problem, not the gearpieces in themself.
    that's what bad players do. Don't be a bad player.

item level isn't the only thing that matters, surprise surprise. You can't just throw on whatever gear and expect to be good.
    You can do exactly this. LFR, normal and heroic are not designed for perfect gear-setups. The only problem in lfr are people that don't have a clue about their own class. Using wrong talents, playing wrong, not caring for shit.

- - - Updated - - -

ok mr. Elite. Sit down, shut up and stop shitting on people who only do lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

that's what bad players do. Don't be a bad player.
    You say to me, that I'm an "elite"? I'm not the one who's saying that everyone need fitting gear. You simply don't, just learn your character and that's fine. WoW isn't a hard game, at all. You don't have excessive amounts of gear to chose from, if you are a fresh player.

10+ Year Old Account
    "fuck around" with the camera.. yeah, holding the right mousebutton is not easy, I guess.
    Players initally resorted to creating AVR than having to fuck around with the camera before Blizzard broke it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do exactly this. LFR, normal and heroic are not designed for perfect gear-setups. The only problem in lfr are people that don't have a clue about their own class. Using wrong talents, playing wrong, not caring for shit.
    lol ok, i see now, you're just an elitist troll who for some reason doesn't care about putting on the right gear because no one else does or perhaps you think it's ok that if n one else cares you shouldn't either and get mad when things don't go the way you think they should.

You could be seven years into an expansion, lfr players will never know mechanics, they don't want to know mechanics because they don't want to be better players they're there to see the story (kek) or to satiate that dopamine skinner box hit. And that's fine, the majority of players play this way.

If you can avoid LFR you should. If LFR is your speed then you've got to take the good with the bad.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Players initally resorted to creating AVR than having to fuck around with the camera before Blizzard broke it.
    It really amazes me how you call "turning the camera slightly" is "fucking aroung".. Like.. really? I never thought about it deeply, but is it really that complicated to turn the camera ~30-50°?

- - - Updated - - -

lol ok, i see now, you're just an elitist troll who for some reason doesn't care about putting on the right gear because no one else does or perhaps you think it's ok that if n one else cares you shouldn't either and get mad when things don't go the way you think they should.
    Calling me a troll while saying that everyone has to use perfect statlocated gear - in LFR level... C'mon, you can't be serious.
    "Carring me", yeah, not happened since many many years, even without using perfect gear. Try harder, next time.
    Idk how I'm able to do 99%/100% parses then /shrug.

LFR is a little bit silly. When Blizzard implemented LFR their argument was that it was a way for all players to simply experience the raid and the lore of it. They presented it as more like a campaign than a raid. So by this standard LFR should really not offer any challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    LFR is a little bit silly. When Blizzard implemented LFR their argument was that it was a way for all players to simply experience the raid and the lore of it. They presented it as more like a campaign than a raid. So by this standard LFR should really not offer any challenge.
    It should indeed just be a tourist mode, 5 npcs (1-2 tanks, 1 heal, 2-3dd) and 5 humans in each "run". Even if those 5 people die, the npcs could solo it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So by this standard LFR should really not offer any challenge.
    This kills its replayability; additionally, rewards should be scaled to difficulty, and hence, if it has no challenge, should not offer any reward.

This also kills its replayability.

As it's what's currently propping up raiding, that's a hilariously bad idea.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Why are you queueing for Crucible of Storms and Eternal Palace...? That's what I'm most curious about.

I do M+, so I have zero reason to run LFR past the first time, and have not set foot in it in quite some time, but it just sounds like you're setting yourself up for a shitty experience by queueing up for outdated content. That's why I imagine you had such a hard time finding tanks. If LFR Ny'alotha is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to raiding, then anything before Ny'alotha is just the rancid old gunk stuck underneath that barrel. No one has any incentive whatsoever at this point to do or know how to do Crucible and Eternal Palace in LFR.

Am I missing something here? Do I just have the wrong idea and expectations for how people go about doing LFR, having not done it so long? It just seems obvious to me that you're asking for a bad time by trying to do old LFR. At the very least, you're asking for a much worse time than if you were just doing Ny'alotha LFR instead. If you're not the right ilvl for Ny'alotha LFR, then do other things to raise your ilvl. Do dungeons. Do other 8.3 content. Don't do old LFR.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-10-18 at 10:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    LFR isn't just toxic, it's actually hard due to the fact that the players in there now are there for a carry. I did zoth LFR ONE TIME, and let me tell you something.. I actually spent LESS time killing zoth the first week second week ON HEROIC when people DIDNT HAVE THE GEAR than I did on LFR Zoth.

tl;dr never EVER go into lfr, queue up for normal because LFR is actual cancer, and the people that go into it are even worse
    N'Zoth on heroic was pretty easy once your guild gets the strategy down. Took my guild a while, but once we learned it, we one shot him almost every week (barring the occasional screw up.)

I don't even want to see N'Zoth on LFR and that's supposed to be the easiest version of him.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Why are you queueing for Crucible of Storms and Eternal Palace...?
    Crucible requires iL60 and EP iL64.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    No one has any incentive whatsoever at this point to do or know how to do Crucible and Eternal Palace in LFR.
    If it has gear upgrades, there's incentive.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Let me guess, you belong to the Crowd who thinks you need Ilvl 470/125 for Heroic NyAlotha?
    LFR is tuned that you can FaceRoll it with the Required Level.

I don't ever remember it being quite this bad, even back when it first launched in Cata, or when you could legit go AFK during bosses for MoP. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I just flat-out advoid LFR and try to find some people running the raids on normal mode? 'cos after today I'm starting to question why anyone would legit sub month after month for this kind of content!
    Yes and No.

Problem is, you try LFR in "Old" content. If you LFR NyAlotha, it is a tiny bit Better. At least you get your Raid full, and there is the chance to have someone who knows how to do it. Only a Minority goes old LFR content, and most people who can play at a semi decent level knowingly avoid LFR.

But it could also be with the Scaling of the Old Content, judging from threads popping up, it appears that "Older Content" got harder.

With the catchup mechanics you should be able to get sufficent Gear for Normal/Heroic NyAlotha. If you want to clear the Old raids, I can only recommend either forming your own Group, or find some likeminded Friends.

Apparantly you can kill it with a single tank! Well, good luck with that! So, after wiping 3 or 4 times, someone ninja-pulled while the raid of 10~ players left were waiting for more to join and I quit.
    Basically, yes. But the Average LFR group? Or even the Average PuG for Normal/Heroic, No.

Well, yes... LFR is open to me. I'm rocking an ilevel of 70 (no idea if that's good or bad, but I can que up, so it's gotta be good?) and my HoA got bumped up to level 61 thanks to doing the Magni quests.
    Its around Normal Eternal Palace Level. So basically you already overgear the Raids in Question. ^^

So by this standard LFR should really not offer any challenge.
    Yes and No. Its either or.

Either LFR should require a tiny bit of Skill, (which probably would just kill it outright) from the get go. Or none at all for the entire Expansion/Tier.

Things like NyAlotha, where you faceroll everything, and then sit at the final Boss, because suddenly everyone needs to know a mechanic just sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Let me guess, you belong to the Crowd who thinks you need Ilvl 470/125 for Heroic NyAlotha?
    LFR is tuned that you can FaceRoll it with the Required Level.
    Don't quote me if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, thanks.