Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Facebook fixed its Anti-Conservative Bias by being biased against Left-Wing Websites

TLDR
    -In an effort to appear unbiased to conservative posters and groups adjusted its algorithm to reduce visibility to left leaning posters and groups.
    -Zuckerberg okayed this change. I'm sure Peter Thiel had his hand up Zuck's ass.
    -The Wall Street Journal is a left-wing rag so I'm sure the usual suspects will disbelieve it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-mar...cs-11602853200

10+ Year Old Account
    This shit shouldn't be difficult.

Ignore partisan divides.

Focus on the facts, and truth.

If that hurts one party's messaging and membership more than the other, then they deserve the negative treatment they've earned.

Removing disinformation is not an issue of bias. Trying to balance such on partisan lines, that is bias, since it presumes a false middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This shit shouldn't be difficult.

Ignore partisan divides.

If that hurts one party's messaging and membership more than the other, then they deserve the negative treatment they've earned.

Removing disinformation is not an issue of bias. Trying to balance such on partisan lines, that is bias, since it presumes a false middle.
    The only issue I see is that there isnt really a universal truth anymore. Over the decade it's been eroded with people arguing their version of truth more often then actual truth.

The only way to “win” this back and forth is to cease censoring/hiding information from either side.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    The only issue I see is that there isnt really a universal truth anymore. Over the decade it's been eroded with people arguing their version of truth more often then actual truth.
    Truth is truth. That personal truths exist does not change that. Nor does that concept mean any opinion is "truth".

Truth is truth. That personal truths exist does not change that. Nor does that concept mean any opinion is "truth".
    I mean I can think of several annoying canned arguments that torpedo that concept...

I would argue that when it comes to current social issues we rely on theory for to often for this "golden truth " to exist.

Still I think this move is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    The only way to “win” this back and forth is to cease censoring/hiding information from either side.
    When it is clearly false information, you should do anything you can to remove it. Which includes this shit about Hunter Biden.

I mean I can think of several annoying canned arguments that torpedo that concept...

I would argue that when it comes to current social issues we rely on theory for to often for this "golden truth " to exist.

Rofl, you are bad at this.

10+ Year Old Account

Describing your own inability to understand what truth actually is really isn't the win you think it is, dude.

Self goals are top tier comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    TLDR
    -In an effort to appear unbiased to conservative posters and groups adjusted its algorithm to reduce visibility to left leaning posters and groups.
    -Zuckerberg okayed this change. I'm sure Peter Thiel had his hand up Zuck's ass.
    -The Wall Street Journal is a left-wing rag so I'm sure the usual suspects will disbelieve it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-mar...cs-11602853200
    The WSJ is owned by the same guy who owns fox news. How someone gets from there to "left-wing rag" is a bit mystifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Describing your own inability to understand what truth actually is really isn't the win you think it is, dude.
    If you believe so .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The WSJ is owned by the same guy who owns fox news. How someone gets from there to "left-wing rag" is a bit mystifying.
    Anything that isn't cult propaganda at this point is considered a "left-wing rag"
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

7+ Year Old Account
    That's very anti-Conservative of you, Endus.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    That's very anti-Conservative of you, Endus.
    We have one side that believes the virus and global warming are real.

The other is convinced JFK Jr is going to reveal himself any day now and take Mike Pence's place as Trump's VP.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    We have one side that believes the virus and global warming are real.

The other is convinced JFK Jr is going to reveal himself any day now and take Mike Pence's place as Trump's VP.
    JFK Jr was supposed to reveal he was still alive yesterday on the 17th. I look forward to seeing how the Qtards rationalize it not happening.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Sad day when conservatives are (still) crying that social media won't let their celebrities lie with impunity instead of demanding that they tell the truth.

There is a big difference between what you want to hear and the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Anything that isn't cult propaganda at this point is considered a "left-wing rag"
    I just had someone call Forbes, AP News, and Reuters as left-wing propaganda, and they were serious =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I just had someone call Forbes, AP News, and Reuters as left-wing propaganda, and they were serious =\
    I often find it quite interesting when you hear the Russian/right-wing/China hardliners coming in with the same argument...

“The liberal media/western news sources are all lying to you! Believe OUR sources on the matter!”

Maybe when the vast, vast majority of news sites are saying the opposite of what you’re (generic “you’re”) saying, it isn’t some grand conspiracy against you... maybe you’re just wrong.

Trumpkins piling more and more websites as being “against them” really only solidifies that notion.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.