Is there a way to not skip the Battle for the Undercity?

I recruited my friend, and I was expecting him to go through this event because, even if you don't like it, it's leads up to the story in BFA pretty well and holds some key plot points. Except you just skip this entirely, take a wyvern to Talanji's boat and you're in BFA. Is there any way to actually do this with a new character?

Edit: Battle for Lordaeron, the BFA one.
    Last edited by Whackadoodle; 2020-10-18 at 07:05 PM.

Now you mention it, I don't think I was even offered it on my DK. I got the quest with Nathanos which I chose to skip, but I was never offered the Battle for Undercity quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could swear I remember reading those were removed in one of the recent patches, but I can’t find it anymore, just references to the original 2010 battle that Cata removed

Sorry I meant the BFA version, Battle for Lordaeron. I can't seem to find out where it is, and if they removed it.

I haven't played in prepatch yet, but it USED to be that you get the quest in Org, and there's a mage in the throne room with a portal ready to transport you to Lordaeron - you can talk to her and select skip, or do it if you like.

Note however that some addons (like AAP, Azeroth Auto Pilot) will automatically choose the skip option.

IDK if they changed it after the prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    Sorry I meant the BFA version, Battle for Lordaeron. I can't seem to find out where it is, and if they removed it.
    I know. I don’t remember the exact patch that removed them but it was recent. I think it was the one that released the final part of the war campaign.

I leveled 3 chars now. The first 2 without AAP i had to actively skip the UC Scenario. With AAP i wasnt asked so i assume the AAP just used the skip automatically.

Can confirm both sides skipped that, and Horde side also skipped the Talanji breakout. A real shame, I love that scenario too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Its been removed, if your friend didnt experience it before prepatch then they wont ever experience that.

Why they removed something they put effort to create, I have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    Why they removed something they put effort to create, I have no idea.
    A bunch of things became/will become skippable to make it easier on people with multiple alt characters. Removing content (even little events) does seems strange, though.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Can confirm both sides skipped that, and Horde side also skipped the Talanji breakout. A real shame, I love that scenario too.
    So you can actually do this one. The way to do it is super awkward though. You have to skip the tour of Orgrimmar THEN you can do it.