Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do you actually believe that most people use the n-word when they're angry? Really? I've never heard someone who I didn't already consider a little bit racist use the n-word in real life.
    Having played on Minecraft servers, I can wholeheartedly declare that people use the n-word out of casual annoyance, and that the people who take stuff said anonymously online seriously are pitiful. Having played Call of Duty I can wholeheartedly declare the n-word used commonly as an attack. Having played WoW I can say the same thing. Maybe you're in for a rude awakening, but shit said in PMs should not be punishable unless it's an attack on the person being discussed. If you want a world like that, where private conversations are not protected, idk what to say. The world is not your safe space.

Going full "no tolerance, no forgiveness" towards these people is naive as fuck because I'm willing to bet you yourself have even said that word. if you take that approach towards anyone who says something mean, you're going to find yourself playing alone very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post

Being black and ignorant are not mutually exclusive.
    So if a black person thinks that the modern use of the word isn't racist that then means they're ignorant? The word is used now less as a derogatory term towards black people and more as a tool to upset people who are offended by the word. The word has lost its weight as a racial slur and is now just used a shock factor to upset people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    cant wait til cancel culture cancels itself
    Ultimately this is just a corporation fleeing from the slightest chance their brand will be tarnished in some way. The only way it's going to stop is if all the people that depend on these corporations for their livelihoods stop being dumbasses and quit being offensive to the general audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids learning about consequences, this is a good thing even if it's way too late now which is just dumb.

Say stupid shit all you want, most people do, just don't record yourself doing so even if it was meant to stay private.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If you're mad and your first instinct is to call someone a ni**er/fag/etc, you are the fucking problem. This isn't politics, this isn't 'SJWs ruining games', it begins and ends with people consciously choosing to be pieces of shit by using words that have a lot of history and pain behind them.

If you do that, you deserve what's coming to you. Whether its a ban or a stiff punch in the fucking mouth.
    Or just stop being a pussy. I've taken bans for profanity in game, and I gladly endured them, but doesn't mean I think any higher of Blizzard. Of course they have to do it for public image, but in general, our society is not doing itself any favors by endlessly trying to shelter weaklings from "bad experience".

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Or just stop being a pussy. I've taken bans for profanity in game, and I gladly endured them, but doesn't mean I think any higher of Blizzard. Of course they have to do it for public image, but in general, our society is not doing itself any favors by endlessly trying to shelter weaklings from "bad experience".
    Go call a black man a n-slur then tough guy.

Imagine getting banned for saying a word in private.

Like what the hell?

Saying N-Word is now a bigger offense than rape or kill someone. ITS JUST A WORD.

You can adore guys like Hitler or Stalin if you keep it private and nothing happens to you. They killed several millions of people.

But you san N-Word. And you are done..

the world is a crazy place right now.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-10-20 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    So basically someone leaked some vods with some unsavory shit (dropping n-bombs) and Blizz banned the dudes.

Raikus statement: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sreglf

"I said the n-word one time and one time a modified version of it), but that does not make me a racist." - Lol, stressed out and angry calling someone n-slur as an insult is pretty fucking textbook racist behaviour.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed since these lads have been on top of their game for so long and pretty much the best EU team there is, but on the other hand I'm glad that the deep seeped racism of the WoW scene gets pulled out in the open because no matter what people in denial say, our scene is disgustingly toxic and racist and people use alot of racial slurs like "jew" as insults to this day.

Also this is where he just shoots himself on the foot and soils his apology and turns the focus into playing the victim of some dirty scheme.
    No one uses sluts only once or because they were angry. If they use them then they have to stop themselves consciously from using them more often. Emotional states just makes it hard to impossible do that conscious stopping.

He also said "But" as a sentence starter, which voids the previous sentence so he's defo said it more than "once."

Thisis a defense instead of an apology so he soiled nothing in the end because he made no apology in the first place.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps, but... then you kinda gotta wonder how those things got added to their vocabulary in the first place. And it's not like people can't eventually excise them, either, especially if they don't use them very often.

And come on, there are way better generic swear words to shout. "Fucking piece of shit" never goes out of style.
    It might be one of a few things. I would assume either (1) through normalization, such as in the case of old online console culture (think XBox, early 2000's), in which they may be repeating heard phrases verbatim or stringing together parts of phrases heard previously or (2) they're simply enraged and the first thing their mind goes to is using expletives to decompress, it could also be compulsive reaction, and the words might just be chosen at random from a list that they consider taboo or "bad" words. It would be great if they could not use them, but I doubt that many of them have the faculties required to both identify and remedy the problem.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Imagine getting banned for saying a word in private.

Like what the hell?

Saying N-Word is now a bigger offense than rape or kill someone. ITS JUST A WORD.

You can adore guys like Hitler or Stalin if you keep it private and nothing happens to you. They killed several millions of people.

But you san N-Word. And you are done..

the world is a crazy place right now.
    Literally nothing about your post is true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    So if a black person thinks that the modern use of the word isn't racist that then means they're ignorant? The word is used now less as a derogatory term towards black people and more as a tool to upset people who are offended by the word. The word has lost its weight as a racial slur and is now just used a shock factor to upset people.
    Well, yeah, the word is explicitly meant to be a pejorative. From what I'm aware, it evolved from the Spanish word for "black," and is essentially meant to mean that "because you are black, you are worthy of contempt". When someone is OK with that word being used to describe them or others and are black, it's probably out of their ignorance for what it means to use that word.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    In every guild I've been in (and I've been in a lot of guilds) as well as in general chat lines like "you fucking jew" are being thrown left right and center, in many cases it isn't even meant as an insult, but joking among friends, just seems like a common culture, at least on the EU servers (I used to play on the US servers Vanilla to Cata, don't remember whether it was nearly as bad). if Blzzard were to ban everyone who said that, they'd need to close many of the servers.
    Though tbh, even though this is not pleasant (being jewish mysel), I'd rather take this than more and more freedom of speech restrictions happening in the Western World nowadays. I think Bliz has way overreacted with this one.

All you "angels" are horrible people trying to feel better about yourselfs by putting others down, you are no better than the people saying a word. Stop judgeing, some things are said in fun and are not harmful if they did not leave that room.

Should the word be said? no. - But stop judgeing, only they know whats in their hearts.

I can see how this post might be contradicting itself, but meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread: Raiku and Swapxy
    ... Who?
    Everyone always talking about people in specific aspects of the game as if you're supposed to know those names... For some reason even moreso in the minigame that's WoW PVP. Really curious, that.

Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    Tips for surviving Cancel Culture

- Always assume you’re being recorded
    - Use common sense
    - Don’t be sexist
    - Don’t be racist

It’s EZ
    Just say don't use the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    ... Who?
    Everyone always talking about people in specific aspects of the game as if you're supposed to know those names... For some reason even moreso in the minigame that's WoW PVP. Really curious, that.

You could have used way less time typing "Swapxy" or "Raiku" or even both on google than it took to make this pointless post.

now do the same with black people

nothing will happen

It's surprising how long this thread has been going on since there is no discussion to be found here.

OP and his supporters only want to hear "Yes, you are absolutely right". Any other response and you'll be labelled as a racist. The cancel culture and it's affiliates are pretty much as intolerant as any other extremist group out there.

They are not open to exchanging viewpoints or arguments and will pull the racist card on anyone who does not conform to their ideology. They are basically the virtual version of terrorists. You either do what they do and think what they think or you'll be met with extreme force to silence you forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Non of my nigga's care that i use the word.
    Everyone is so offended, it's not like we are afraid of Voldemort or something...
    In the heat of battle i could be cursing all kind's of profanity.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Well, yeah, the word is explicitly meant to be a pejorative. From what I'm aware, it evolved from the Spanish word for "black," and is essentially meant to mean that "because you are black, you are worthy of contempt". When someone is OK with that word being used to describe them or others and are black, it's probably out of their ignorance for what it means to use that word.
    I don't think not being upset by the word, assuming the person is black, means they are ignorant of the meaning of the word. Meanings behind things change, a good example would be the swastika. That symbol used to mean a very different thing, but now represents something horrible. I believe that this word underwent a similar transition, the most common use of the word is used as shock factor because of how many people are against the word. I have no doubt that many of them are aware of that words meaning, but are past the point of that having impact on them. Similar to any other swear word, there would be many people going around over using words like "fuck", "shit", or "bitch" if kids weren't shunned away from these words as children. The only difference is that the N-word has a much darker history than these other words.