Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What he did said puts him in the ignorant camp with other people who think slur’s and other forms of racism are no longer a problem because things like slavery and segregation are over.

Well that or mind numbingly stupid but I’ll give them more credit then that.
    Literally not what I said at all

- - - Updated - - -

what does any of that have to do with ignorant people thinking slur's aren't racist any more?
    You throw around the word ignorant more than an actual racist using the N-word

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Literally not what I said at all

- - - Updated - - -

You throw around the word ignorant more than an actual racist using the N-word
    when you have to reaffirm a point/rephrase it into a question you tend to use the same word more then once yes, that's kinda how a discussion works.

when you have to reaffirm a point/rephrase it into a question you tend to use the same word more then once yes, that's kinda how a discussion works.
    Even more so when you have to fall back on calling people ignorant because you have no other way to articulate your point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even more so when you have to fall back on calling people ignorant because you have no other way to articulate your point.
    I mean if it quakes like a duck and all that.

I mean sure I could go into some long thing about systematic racism and how the use of the Nword as a racist slur is still very much so alive and how That’s even reflected in media as well as just the common knowledge and only the ignorant malicious and stupid would claim other wise.

But some times it’s just easier to call a duck a duck, pick and choose your battles and all that.

I mean sure I could go into some long thing about systematic racism and how the use of the Nword as a racist slur is still very much so alive and how That’s even reflected in media as well as just the common knowledge and only the ignorant malicious and stupid would claim other wise.

But some times it’s just easier to call a duck a duck, pick and choose your battles and all that.
    This is just a cop-out. If you picked your battle to not actually have a discussion there is no reason for you to be here calling people ignorant, that only hurts your point because you look like a fool. Calling people ignorant because they disagree with you shows you have no understanding of other points of view and are, as such, incapable of accurately defending what you "believe" in.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is just a cop-out. If you picked your battle to not actually have a discussion there is no reason for you to be here calling people ignorant, that only hurts your point because you look like a fool. Calling people ignorant because they disagree with you shows you have no understanding of other points of view and are, as such, incapable of accurately defending what you "believe" in.
    I understand each of the other points of view it’s just not worth the time to do a full deconstruction of them.

There are three camps.

The ignorant, people who either don’t know the history or don’t know that said history is very much still on going.

The malicious, will try and say it’s not really a slur any more so they can use that as a fall back when they use it as a slur.

The stupid, people who don’t care and just want to use it because it’s edge or gets a raise out of people.

The last requires no explanation, the malicious don’t really either, the ignorant how ever requires an education on both the history and the current societal use. While
    I could go into such an education it’s frankly not worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    The time of slavery is over but segregation is definitely not. School systems and communities are wildly segregated. It's not explicit but it's definitely there.

Are you proposing that the word become acceptable to use, or that the world should just fade away and everyone should stop using it? Because I agree with the idea that everyone should stop using it... not the other.
    Uhh how are they segregated exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11.
    And it doesn't have to be. Why should toxicity be tolerated?
    Putin khuliyo

I say the N word all the time because I listen to rap and it’s entered my vocabulary as a result.

I don’t have a racist bone in my body and in fact get very angry when I see genuinely racist shit happening to minority folk.

I think a discussion needs to be had though, I only say the N word so often because I listen to people who say it twenty times a minute.

Why am I racist for patronising African American folk who are far more powerful, wealthy and influential than I am?

Do I not have enough money and influence to say this word also? Isn’t it sort of unfair that I, a pleb, can’t say a word that famous people taught me to say?

I know this probably will make a lot of people mad to even entertain but I think if you think saying the N word makes a person racist, then you’re objectively a bad person. You are looking to ascribe bad traits to a person who is not inherently bad, and only because they are behaving in a way that is very natural and normal for human beings and has been for thousands of years.

Language is learned from those within our communities. Our families, friends, those who influence us.

If the people influencing me don’t want me to say the N word, they should stop saying it first. Lead by example and it will vanish from my vocabulary, until then, I will proudly use the English language the same way that they do and I won’t hesitate to accost people for calling me a racist for that.

The time of slavery is over but segregation is definitely not. School systems and communities are wildly segregated. It's not explicit but it's definitely there.

Are you proposing that the word become acceptable to use, or that the word should just fade away and everyone should stop using it? Because I agree with the idea that everyone should stop using it... not the other.
    How exactly are they segregated? Just because schools are heavily favored in terms of population of ethnicities doesn't mean the school is segregated. The very definition of segregation involves enforced separation.

I'm proposing that people stop caring about the word. The word shouldn't be made into this rainbow and unicorn word that everyone loves, but it should not be held into this mythical and timeless capsule of evil. That gives that word continued power over black people. The word and its meaning should be dismantled and cast aside. and forgotten. That can't happen if its constantly hunted and (rightfully) demonized.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand each of the other points of view it’s just not worth the time to do a full deconstruction of them.

There are three camps.

The ignorant, people who either don’t know the history or don’t know that said history is very much still on going.

The malicious, will try and say it’s not really a slur any more so they can use that as a fall back when they use it as a slur.

The stupid, people who don’t care and just want to use it because it’s edge or gets a raise out of people.

The last requires no explanation, the malicious don’t really either, the ignorant how ever requires an education on both the history and the current societal use. While
    I could go into such an education it’s frankly not worth the effort.
    I believe you have a complete misunderstanding on the ignorant part. I do not agree that said history is still very much going. However, I do agree, with the stupid part. People use the n-word for shock value and edge are fucking stupid and I believe that to be the majority of people who use the word.

What is a n-world? Nyga? Or what?

As I said above, it's primarily economic. Black people have very little wealth, and are excluded from white communities where wealth is needed to join. Whether it's segregation or not, there's definitely a giant separation.

It won't surprise you but I'm opposed to the idea that people should "stop caring". That implies that when other people use it, everyone should just ignore the usage, and I think that's wrong. i agree that it should be cast aside and not used, ever.
    While I agree that the economic situation of black people isn't good, I don't believe that the problem is a matter of race vs race. Black people, despite what some people will say, are not forced by white people into poverty. I will say that perhaps, in ages past, that was the case and we are experiencing the rippling affects of what was once segregation, but those policies and people no longer exist. The problem as to why black people are staying in poverty is because of deep rooted problems and conflicts within certain black communities. It should be our job as Americans to help our fellow American's out of that situation. I don't believe it should be made a matter of race, I think that will only divide the country.

I don't think the word can be really cast aside if its usage is always seen as this (rightfully) horrible thing. I believe that the best way to combat the N-word would be to dismantle its meaning and its power. Eventually the word will subside, there are many horrible slurs and insults that have existed over the centuries that we have hardly, if not any, knowledge of because their weight and impact was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Let me remind you; Your argument was he wasn't racist, because other actions of racism involves physical violence.
    My argument has always been that he doesn't deserve the same label as someone who intentionally hurts people of color. I never once said that you can only be a racist when you physically hurt someone. This will be my last reply as you seem so intent on coming out ahead that you are willing to twist the narrative, move goalposts, and be purposefully ignorant.

And here you go again. Apparently being a racist is okay with you, as long as it doesn't involve violence.
    I never said that. The issue here is that you think someone who said the n-word because he is an idiot, not with the intent to be derogatory to a black person, deserves the same kind of osztracizing label as someone who is vile enough to act upon his draconian hate on people of color. Just seeing you argue this makes me sick.

Yes, There are many types of racism - but in the end, they are all racists. It doesn't matter that someone else is a bigger racist. Its litterally the definition of the word.
    One last attempt to show you how ridiculous this argument is. You have now basically repeatedly stated that to you and by anyones standards someone who is not from the US, had his usage of english shaped in the toxic environment of online gaming, and says the N-word without intent to hurt, nor directed at a poc, is a racist in the same way a lynchmurderer during confederate times was?

If my viewpoints are 80% liberal and 20% conservative, you get to label me a conservative? If I am someone who advocates for religious freedom, but condems beheadings out of faith, am I now an Islamophobe? There is and has to be nuance. you don't get to put a disgusting label on someone for any action that you perceive to be in the ballpark of something that you hate. These labels stick, and they can ruin decent people. I feel bad just having to explain this to you.

So what? Cancel culture is bad? I dont get what your point is. And we have only heard one side of the story.
    Cancel culture is the extreme extent of the social justice movement. Its the thing that social justice should have never evolved into. Its more often than not a ruinous witchhunt.

Real racists are based on your stereotype? ye, i guess you should take your own advise and don't try to hard.
    Leave your stereotyping strawman in the bin where it belongs. You know exactly what I meant so stop acting dense for the sake of being annoying. The connotation of the word racist is way worse than anything those two have done, and its implications throw what is to be expected of their character out of proportion. I'm done with you, talking to you makes me miserable. Id rather hang out with people that don't have their shit together and occasionally say a dumb fucking word, because at least I can tell them that they are being a douche and they''ll understand. Your cognitive bias and lack off empathy however likely won't change.

I am sorry if this sounds disrespectful, I mean no harm to you. As mentioned before, I won't reply to you anymore. Have a good day.

Being a professional gamer is a job, you're a public figure, its unforch but you get fired when you poop in public

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Sorry...I'm not some disgraceful disgusting child who uses hateful slurs because they got their ass kicked, just because people like you and they are hateful racists and phobes doesn't mean everyone in the world is.

Not even when I was a teen did I call someone the N word or the F ending with a t word, because I'm not a hate filled

It's primarily economic. Within 10 miles of where I live, there are 7 high schools. 2 of them (the biggest) are in the city and are 25% white, and the other 5 are in the suburbs and all over 80% white. The schools in the suburbs are higher performing with better course offerings, but moving to the suburbs is impossible if your income is under 200k.

And over the course of my lifetime it's gotten more segregated, not less. The urban school system devotes so many of its resources to the really underperforming kids that no one middle class or higher wants to send their kids there because the education is just a lot worse.
    Do you really not understand how this isn’t segregation? Like do you really need this explained to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Not even when I was a teen did I call someone the N word or the F ending with a t word, because I'm not a hate filled
    Wow, aren't you a special kind of special snowflake? So the F ending with a t word, huh? You're so good. How can we be like you?
    How can I achieve this level of Wokecendance™?
    N word bad. Bad! Am I Good?
    F word ending a t word, bad! Super bad! Can you give me internet brownie points now?
    Please can you compliment the fact that I am so so good unlike everyone around me
    Because I can't live if I can't prove to everyone in the world that I am a snowflake saint :'(

7+ Year Old Account
    Why does the duck have to have Parkinson's?
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I said the N word and got a 3 hour ban. Weird...

Sure. Please explain... looking forward to it.

FFS people... ok when you’re saying there is segregation in schools you are making it seems like certain races of people are disallowed from going to certain schools. This is not what is happening.

If there were a neighborhood that happened to be more black oriented and they made more money than inner city Hispanics, would we say this school isn’t allowing Hispanics to attend? No we wouldn’t.

Anyone and everyone is allowed at those schools, as long as they can afford it. This is like saying luxury cars are segregated. Or that 500k priced houses are segregated. They aren’t. Anyone can buy these things regardless of race. You just have to afford them.

I’m white, and I do not make 200k a year. So does that mean these mostly white schools aren’t segregating me as much as a black family in the same situation I am? No. It’s just that I can’t afford it and neither can they.

You’re making it sound like this is a targeted race issue when it isn’t. And it’s absolutely asinine to act like it is.

The word you are looking for is ‘less diverse’ not ‘more segregated’. Segregation is a completely different scenario.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-10-21 at 12:29 PM.