View Poll Results: What would you pick?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Starcraft MMO

    36 37.50%
  • Project Titan

    13 13.54%
  • Crossworlds

    7 7.29%
  • Overwatch MMO

    6 6.25%
  • Anything but WoW

    4 4.17%
  • Something else

    10 10.42%
  • I've lost all hope in MMO's

    20 20.83%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    The time for the reinvented MMO hasn't come. Blizzard tried with their best talent and enormous resource. So I'm for neither of the cancelled projects.

  2. #62
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,922
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    what i mean with ruins it is the monetization aspects
    Well...in that case any game or product on earth is "ruined" - who does anything to lose money? I mean...do you work for free? And if you do work for a salary, will you say no when your boss offers you a raise?

    This monetization aspect is so ridiculous. Especially in the light of people claiming how games are getting worse to make more money. I mean...to make money, somebody has to buy it and it it makes more money (aka more ppl buying it) while being shit - that says more about people than about a company.

  3. #63
    I haven't lost hope in MMOs, I lost all hope in Blizzard.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I think that there was a golden opportunity for Blizzzard to push Warcraft into a Starcraft MMO. I love the idea that the humans and orcs were fighting, and at the end of the expansion, all holy hell rains down on them in the form of the Zerg, or the Protoss. It's then that the humans and orcs realize that everything they were fighting over was trivial in comparison, and they would then work together to combat the new powers that were revealed. They become the Terran, and push to modernize as quickly as possible.
    Dude, you pretty much recited the Reign of Chaos cinematic. "We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies. *footman and grunt fight* Like fools, we clung to old hatreds and fought as we had for generations. *huge ass infernal lands, roars, and kills them both* We stand now, upon the brink of destruction..."
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...in that case any game or product on earth is "ruined" - who does anything to lose money? I mean...do you work for free? And if you do work for a salary, will you say no when your boss offers you a raise?

    This monetization aspect is so ridiculous. Especially in the light of people claiming how games are getting worse to make more money. I mean...to make money, somebody has to buy it and it it makes more money (aka more ppl buying it) while being shit - that says more about people than about a company.
    obviouslty its a business, but when it comes to the cost of gameplay then u start noticing things and disliking things. so if wow all of a sudden told you to pay 50dollars for sub, would u do it? after all they are trying to make money right

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The time for the reinvented MMO hasn't come. Blizzard tried with their best talent and enormous resource. So I'm for neither of the cancelled projects.
    do u think itll ever come ?
    Last edited by letssee; 2020-10-21 at 09:10 AM.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dude, you pretty much recited the Reign of Chaos cinematic. "We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies. *footman and grunt fight* Like fools, we clung to old hatreds and fought as we had for generations. *huge ass infernal lands, roars, and kills them both* We stand now, upon the brink of destruction..."
    I actually forgot about that. How contrived of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  7. #67
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,922
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    obviouslty its a business, but when it comes to the cost of gameplay then u start noticing things and disliking things. so if wow all of a sudden told you to pay 50dollars for sub, would u do it? after all they are trying to make money right
    Obviously nobody in their right mind would consider making money that way - because you can project how myn people would quit entirely. I'd say at this point, even a raise by 10% would annoy people heavily. Everybody is just used to the same price over 15 years (and the fact that Blizzard despite inflation never raised the price in most areas means the 15 dollars they get now are worth less than the 15 dollars from 2005) - so I guess they are already afraid that even a 10% increase might make them lose money because ppl would quit over it.

    I totally see (increased?) mounts etc tied to a sub as a way to compensate for it and "making money"

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously nobody in their right mind would consider making money that way - because you can project how myn people would quit entirely. I'd say at this point, even a raise by 10% would annoy people heavily. Everybody is just used to the same price over 15 years (and the fact that Blizzard despite inflation never raised the price in most areas means the 15 dollars they get now are worth less than the 15 dollars from 2005) - so I guess they are already afraid that even a 10% increase might make them lose money because ppl would quit over it.

    I totally see (increased?) mounts etc tied to a sub as a way to compensate for it and "making money"
    idk man, i see them slowly but surely justifying the addition of more mtx and more types of mtx untiill it becomes the norm. they are within their right but its obvious what the intentions are focused on, again within their right, but that doesnt mean that the game(s) i grew up with should change like that and its not what i signed up for so yea i already left :/

  9. #69
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    22,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The time for the reinvented MMO hasn't come. Blizzard tried with their best talent and enormous resource. So I'm for neither of the cancelled projects.
    I feel like MMOs have already been reinvented nor has been Blizzard ever been involved in that process. What Blizzard is good at is taken ideas (Im not dissing them) and adapting/refining them. There isn't an original thought in WoW.

    I don't think we're see too many many more table targeted MMORPGs that can be traced back to EQ. Instead you'll get more games more akin to ESO, GW2, BDO, Ashes of Creation. Or your genre mixing games/hybrids/looters EVE, Star Citizen, Destiny, Division, Warframe, <online persistent survival games but I can't think of the name of any right now>
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-21 at 12:46 PM.

  10. #70
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,922
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    idk man, i see them slowly but surely justifying the addition of more mtx and more types of mtx untiill it becomes the norm. they are within their right but its obvious what the intentions are focused on, again within their right, but that doesnt mean that the game(s) i grew up with should change like that and its not what i signed up for so yea i already left :/
    So this slow process and your projection of it becoming the norm made you quit? I mean...the recent shop additions basically came for free with a 6 month sub. Everything else in the shop doesn't affect your progress in game.
    Also, game companies make money in all kinds of ways that they didn't when we grew up with the games. Years ago they didn't sell toys, T-shirts, merchandise. Years ago they didn't have tournaments. Years ago they didn't have game convetions with expensive tickets.

    It is acceptable to make money from merchandise, but not from totally optional digital items?

    Don't get me wrong, I totally respect you for drawing a line, sticking to your guns and quitting. But why now and not in 2008 or 2010 or 2013 etc when in fact this shop was already around and regularely chewing out mounts and even promotions like the yearly pass?

  11. #71
    Wait what?
    I remember project titan... It was literally based on the old glyph system. How did it become overwatch?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wait what?
    I remember project titan... It was literally based on the old glyph system. How did it become overwatch?
    ur confusing path of titans from cataclysm with PROJECT titan which was a cancelled mmo

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So this slow process and your projection of it becoming the norm made you quit? I mean...the recent shop additions basically came for free with a 6 month sub. Everything else in the shop doesn't affect your progress in game.
    Also, game companies make money in all kinds of ways that they didn't when we grew up with the games. Years ago they didn't sell toys, T-shirts, merchandise. Years ago they didn't have tournaments. Years ago they didn't have game convetions with expensive tickets.

    It is acceptable to make money from merchandise, but not from totally optional digital items?

    Don't get me wrong, I totally respect you for drawing a line, sticking to your guns and quitting. But why now and not in 2008 or 2010 or 2013 etc when in fact this shop was already around and regularely chewing out mounts and even promotions like the yearly pass?
    its not the sole reason but its definately part of it. i have been wrestling on and off with wow ever sicne cataclysm, ive only recently had enough starting in legion/bfa, its going in a direction which i believe is not what the soul of world of warcraft was and what i grew up on, and what many i presume did as well, to each their own, its obvisouly subjective but i still believe that some things are just objectively not better for the game.

  13. #73
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    35,922
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post


    its not the sole reason but its definately part of it. i have been wrestling on and off with wow ever sicne cataclysm, ive only recently had enough starting in legion/bfa, its going in a direction which i believe is not what the soul of world of warcraft was and what i grew up on, and what many i presume did as well, to each their own, its obvisouly subjective but i still believe that some things are just objectively not better for the game.
    Yeah, I thought it would have been a decision that grew over a longer period to the straw that broke the camel's back. Cheers for explaining.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    ur confusing path of titans from cataclysm with PROJECT titan which was a cancelled mmo
    Ohh, my bad, carry on

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    A solo massively multiplayer online game?
    Soloable if your friends or guildies aren't available, or you just don't want to be bothered atm.

  16. #76
    TBH I really don't like MMOs, just got really invested into wow years ago and have been hanging on since. If wow ended I don't think I would start over in a new one unless it was something very unlikely like a Metroid MMO (not Blizz I know) or something. I would be interested in a Starcraft MMO but resistant.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    TBH I really don't like MMOs, just got really invested into wow years ago and have been hanging on since. If wow ended I don't think I would start over in a new one unless it was something very unlikely like a Metroid MMO (not Blizz I know) or something. I would be interested in a Starcraft MMO but resistant.
    how come is there something about mmos u dont like? i believe that mmos are the best types of games, or at least can give u the best types of game experiences, but thats my opinion ofcourse

  18. #78
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,494
    Hands down the StarCraft MMO.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Hands down the StarCraft MMO.
    i agree haha, wouldve been so cool, and a contrast with warcraft. dark gritty sci fi but can also be very colorful like overwatch imo

  20. #80
    One thing I will say is I sure noticed the og devs leaving in Cataclysm, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •