Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is apparently a huge forest fire that has broken out in Irvine this morning, with like half the city being under mandatory evacuation, with mandatory evacuation zone extending to like 5 miles from Blizzard's main office. Assuming most of their developers are working at home still, a lot probably live in the evacuation zone and could be taken offline for awhile. Wonder if this impacts/pushes back the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Christmas week is good for us players, but in no way will Blizzard release an expansion close to Christmas. People (=employees) being at home doesn't mean they're working.

December 8 is the most plausible date for an expansion (Cataclysm was launched at the exact same time frame 10 years ago) launch this year as 15 is already too close to Christmas if there occur any bigger issues. It's still possible though, I just don't think it will happen. It's too stressful to only have one week before Christmas holidays.
    Close to Christmas, yes. But what about after Christmas? Dec 28th/29th for example. I could buy into that as I'm already booked to be off work that week.

I’m counting on some kind of extra raid being released in BfA if it gets pushed back much further. Nothing crazy with 8-12 bosses, but something small like 1-3 bosses in a big room. Something along the lines of Obsidian/Ruby Dragon Shrines.
    Blizzard could easily play it off as some entity escaping from the SL that we have to take care of before we depart.
    The only reason I make this statement is because I would hope Blizzard put something in to keep people playing during a long lull in things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I’m counting on some kind of extra raid being released in BfA if it gets pushed back much further. Nothing crazy with 8-12 bosses, but something small like 1-3 bosses in a big room. Something along the lines of Obsidian/Ruby Dragon Shrines.
    Blizzard could easily play it off as some entity escaping from the SL that we have to take care of before we depart.
    The only reason I make this statement is because I would hope Blizzard put something in to keep people playing during a long lull in things to do.
    it is kind of late for that imo, with the removal of corruption abilities and level squish we hit like wet noodles.

edit : correction of referal, was ability pruning but it is quite the opposite actually
    Last edited by Huntermyth; 2020-10-30 at 09:29 AM.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Lol, not happening. BfA production has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    it is kind of late for that imo, with all those ability pruning and/or item level squish we hit like wet noodles.
    Easy enough fix to tune around

It'll never happen. Other expansions had final tiers that lasted significantly longer than this tier and they never got "small extra raids".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Yeah sorry that’s not how content production really works at all. Designing raids takes a long time they aren’t just constructed in less than a couple months.

Honestly at this point I’m sure we are stuck with BfA until year end or early December with a broken release. Honestly blizzard has dropped about every ball they could have.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Yeah sorry that’s not how content production really works at all. Designing raids takes a long time they aren’t just constructed in less than a couple months.

Honestly at this point I’m sure we are stuck with BfA until year end or early December with a broken release. Honestly blizzard has dropped about every ball they could have.
    The delay works
    8th of December due to the covenant campaign and blizzconline

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    The delay works
    8th of December due to the covenant campaign and blizzconline
    I'm guessing 24/25th of november because of the nvidia leak

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a fast-moving fire in Irvine, where Blizz HQ is located and quite a few of the employees live. I am guessing they have bigger issues right now than a release announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post

I honestly think they just tried to juggle too many balls to begin with. Concerns were raised at almost every stage of development, and it was always the same concern "how the hell are they going to balance this?". Turns out, those concerns were well founded.

I went into beta fully expecting to be saying "see! I told you so, it's nowhere NEAR as bad as you all said!" But that was not what happened, my initial response was actually "holy shit, it's worse!!".

Balance is just one issue obviously, they have quite a few other concerning issues to deal with. But I agree they absolutely dropped the ball. I won't try to argue they didn't listen to the feedback, because maybe they did, but the feedback does seem to have been on point. I think they bit off more they could chew with all the new systems, and instead of spitting some out, they have decided to just keep chewing and hope it all eventually works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    There is a fast-moving fire in Irvine, where Blizz HQ is located and quite a few of the employees live. I am guessing they have bigger issues right now than a release announcement.
    I can assure you that Blizzard HQ is far enough into the city where they are not in any danger of the fires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Phew! Your assurance just calms all my fears and concerns for my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    pre event blue quests ? some immediately, some after a certain stage of questline.

very spoilery spoilers about the event quests, follow link on your own risk
    spoiler alter: some quests will have you kill things, others will have you pick up things
    they all take place in the completely novel environment of icecrown

lol at "spoilers"

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm guessing 24/25th of november because of the nvidia leak
    Not really a leak though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    Phew! Your assurance just calms all my fears and concerns for my friends!
    Well the evacuation order should do that

He only mentioned HQ however if even two blizzard houses are in the evac zone that’s over like half of the employees because it’s what 20 to a home now

They really dug themselves a hole, that is for sure. At this point scrap all the garbage and release in Jan, feb

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Close to Christmas, yes. But what about after Christmas? Dec 28th/29th for example. I could buy into that as I'm already booked to be off work that week.
    That's maybe worse than shortly before Christmas. New Year's Eve is another worldwide holiday, most people ain't working or playing then. It's either on or before 15 December or 2021.

And no, it will not be November, everything points against a release next month.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeef View Post
    Anyone have an idea of when the daily's will be released?
    Do you believe that if that information was publicly available, it would be posted on: The in game launcher, Blizzards main page, MMO-C main page, WoWhead main page, and readily available with a quick google?

Or do you genuinely believe someone on this fansite has insider knowledge about release dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's maybe worse than shortly before Christmas. New Year's Eve is another worldwide holiday, most people ain't working or playing then. It's either on or before 15 December or 2021.

And no, it will not be November, everything points against a release next month.
    We're in a pandemic. NYE 2020 is going to be one of the most dull and uneventful nights in recent memory. Yes, Jan 1st is a public holiday in most places but that falls on the Friday which would be at the end of release week. One would hope the major issues have calmed down by then.

Next month is looking unlikely. They've not given us a date yet? Why if they know it's releasing in less than 4 weeks. And they'll want at least 4 weeks for the pre-expansion event. 2 weeks to go through the content and then another couple of weeks to allow people to farm the catch up gear on all their alts etc.

For me it's either week 1 or 2 in December or the final week in December.