Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why are people so set in stone about december vs november?
    Does it matter? If it's late November or early December? People saying either are practically saying the same thing, so... I mean, some others are saying 2021 and some others (I call them flat-earthers) Spring 2021... I mean, wtf...

I sure am mad they are trying to release a better version of the game! DARN DIDDLY DANG YOU BLIZZARD! I would have much preferred they rush released a crap game so they could patch it for 2 years before everyone declared it a dud! BOO BLIZZARD BOOOOO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkimpact View Post
    I sure am mad they are trying to release a better version of the game! DARN DIDDLY DANG YOU BLIZZARD! I would have much preferred they rush released a crap game so they could patch it for 2 years before everyone declared it a dud! BOO BLIZZARD BOOOOO.
    Some people prefer getting a crap game in 2020 to getting a crap game in 2021, so... just saying :P
    I personally prefer December, because I can get more days off work without drawing wife aggro :P

Well they wouldnt delay it just for a couple weeks of work. And now there's gonna be issues if they release raids during holidays. I think it's gonna be raids in january no matter when they release the actual expansion.

Not really bothered tbh, only i had to cancel my off days and now i feel tired. But i have 3-4 games coming out in november (like Cyberpunk) so I think I am ok with a January delay.

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    Some people prefer getting a crap game in 2020 to getting a crap game in 2021, so... just saying :P
    I personally prefer December, because I can get more days off work without drawing wife aggro :P
    those people are retarded

honestly if the game launched today then realistically we would have the current beta as release....i would prefer not due to all of the issues that it has plus all of the issues that would appear when they push it to live

As I have told guildmates. I don't think they would push Nax ahead except as an way to keep subscribers if shadowlands got delayed to q1 2021. They will do everything they can to get it out this year but they are legitimately running out of time.

There are so many points that speak against November, that’s why. October is almost over and we don’t have an announcement yet (and I expect at least 4 weeks from the announcement to the actual release). November is all about Series X, PS5, Cyberpunk and Valhalla. Then there are still major bugs in beta preventing you from continuing the storyline, they haven’t updated the Maw with the announced new features yet and real tuning hasn’t even begun. Plus, the fire taking place next to Blizzard‘s office now. A November release would be so so so weird at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by orsraunia View Post
    Does it matter? If it's late November or early December? People saying either are practically saying the same thing, so... I mean, some others are saying 2021 and some others (I call them flat-earthers) Spring 2021... I mean, wtf...
    What do you mean does it matter? Its a discussion forum discussing the release date of the game oO

It doesnt matter much to me if its the first week of december or the last week of november. But i just dont understand what makes people adamant about a specific date.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There are so many points that speak against November, that’s why. October is almost over and we don’t have an announcement yet (and I expect at least 4 weeks from the announcement to the actual release). November is all about Series X, PS5, Cyberpunk and Valhalla. Then there are still major bugs in beta preventing you from continuing the storyline, they haven’t updated the Maw with the announced new features yet and real tuning hasn’t even begun. Plus, the fire taking place next to Blizzard‘s office now. A November release would be so so so weird at this point.
    Did they announce new features for the maw?

I'm playing on the beta almsot daily, and there are literally almost no bugs worth noting left. I mean there are gonna be bugs on release. Thats just how it is. But its totally playable now

I'm playing on the beta almsot daily, and there are literally almost no bugs worth noting left. I mean there are gonna be bugs on release. Thats just how it is. But its totally playable now
    These bugs don’t occur for everyone and there are just some threads from yesterday and today where people still are unable to enter Torghast or continue the main story in Ardenweald. These are game breaking bugs that are in beta for several weeks now and haven’t been fixed.

And in their October update shortly after the delay they announced they want to make the Maw more lively (some kind of events?) and stuff like that, but we haven’t gotten anything in that regard in beta yet.

And there are other problems, the missing / not working flightmaster whistle is one of them. Getting around in the Shadowlands is so tedious and annoying, most players will be turned off by the mounting and traveling restrictions etc. - not sure if they are dead set on launching these things in their recent state, if so the sh*tstorm from players that couldn’t beta test this will be massive.

Because if it was November, the would have already announced it. At this point , an annoucement today would make the earliest it can release in 2 weeks because of the scourage event, which is now taking us to the Middle of November and Thanksgiving. If they don't announce it now, then the earliest owuld be Thanksgiving week and that is out. December is more likely because they still have time to make the annoucement, give the 2 weeks for the event, and release the expansion.

yes they wrote a pretty big blog post about reworking it to make it more fun and alive and sanboxy

10+ Year Old Account
    4 hour maintenance today o.O

These bugs don’t occur for everyone and there are just some threads from yesterday and today where people still are unable to enter Torghast or continue the main story in Ardenweald. These are game breaking bugs that are in beta for several weeks now and haven’t been fixed.

And in their October update shortly after the delay they announced they want to make the Maw more lively (some kind of events?) and stuff like that, but we haven’t gotten anything in that regard in beta yet.

And there are other problems, the missing / not working flightmaster whistle is one of them. Getting around in the Shadowlands is so tedious and annoying, most players will be turned off by the mounting and traveling restrictions etc. - not sure if they are dead set on launching these things in their recent state, if so the sh*tstorm from players that couldn’t beta test this will be massive.
    The flight master whistle is not game breaking or grounds for a dealy. It has never been allowed until getting to cap anyway, so they can continue to work on that after the expansion releases. It is not needed to work day one.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The flight master whistle is not game breaking or grounds for a dealy. It has never been allowed until getting to cap anyway, so they can continue to work on that after the expansion releases. It is not needed to work day one.
    I never said it is. I was talking about the bugs that prevent you from continuing the main storyline (e.g. locking you out from the rest of the expansion) or entering Torghast.

I never said it is. I was talking about the bugs that keep you from continuing the main storyline (e.g. locking you out from the rest of the expansion) or entering Torghast.
    But you specifically listed it as a problem. I simply stated that it isn't a problem as it is not required day 1.

Well I think I remember people saying WoW would die in a fire....I never knew it was literal lol

The games too buggy for release and needs a flight master whistle because even with the “travel networks” it’s tedious and there’s no reason for it to not exist other than slowing us down which has been a goal since 8.0

As much as we all like to speculate no one (other than people working on the game) knows when Shadowlands will come out.

My fingers are crossed that we get a new release date confirmed either this week or next and that we see it next month or early December. But of course, only if its ready.

It's getting exciting now. I've just got heavily back into WoW and have everything ready and raring to go! can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But you specifically listed it as a problem. I simply stated that it isn't a problem as it is not required day 1.
    For me and several others the severely restricted movement options in the Shadowlands are and will be a major problem. For others this might not be the case and I can understand why it might not be a problem for you - it is for me though (and a lot of others, there are enough topics about that in the beta forum). Sure, that's not a problem like a bug, but it's something that might turn off people, that's why I said they might reiterate on their decision(s) about traveling in the Shadowlands (and yes, they can do that after launch).

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...45641606926336

My Conspiracy theory : They realised the whole covenant thing wont work and they didnt want to admit it so they will burn their HQ and tell everyone they lost the code.

Dont be sheeps like those people who believe the earth is round !

hey announced they want to make the Maw more lively (some kind of events?
    This was not an announcement meant to be out on release afaik. It was something they wanted to do further down the line.

I disagree that the bugs currently are a big issue. There will always be people who have gamebreaking bugs. Always.