1. #1

    Naxxramas Raid Testing - October 21

    Naxxramas Raid Testing - October 21
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 21, we will continue our raid tests in Naxxramas, with the Plague Quarter.

    2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) to 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT)

    Bosses Available:

    • Noth the Plaguebringer
    • Heigan the Unclean
    • Loatheb

    We’ve made the following slight adjustments to the test environment:

    • Johnny McWeaksauce now also exists in all the capital cities (near the bank) to help players teleport to Naxxramas.
    • The buff in Naxxramas has been reduced in strength to keep groups from inadvertently skipping mechanics that we’d like to see tested. It’s still a significant buff, to make sure pick-up-groups can test.

    This testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

    Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
    A: To facilitate and expedite testing, there is an NPC named Johnny McWeaksauce that has taken up temporary residence at Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. He will provide players with Naxxramas attunement and instant teleportation into the Naxxramas raid. Johnny’s brother Jimmy, can be found within the raid and will provide access to consumables and reagents.

    Q: Can I test with less than a full, content-ready raid group?
    A: There will be a zone aura present within the raid that will provide players with a significant health and damage boost to help them overcome the challenges of Naxxramas. The intent of these raid tests is not to provide a challenge that perfectly matches what we expect players to experience when the raid goes live. The intent is to exercise boss mechanics and give us additional confidence that the raid encounters are behaving as expected. The hope is that even if you cannot muster a full 40-person raid to test with, or wish to form a pick-up-group on the PTR, you can still participate and make considerable progress within the dungeon if you so desire.

    Please use the in-game bug reporter to send us any bug reports or issues that you encounter while playtesting on the PTR. We appreciate you taking the time to test this content, and we look forward to your feedback.

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,595
    Who needs classic news when we have Pitchforks to sharpen and Torches to light over 6month Tmog stuff?

  3. #3
    Shadowlands in 6 months? Pog

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Who needs classic news when we have Pitchforks to sharpen and Torches to light over 6month Tmog stuff?
    These bullshit 6 month schemes make me appreciate classic even more. At least this time it's something that's absolute garbage.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    These bullshit 6 month schemes make me appreciate classic even more. At least this time it's something that's absolute garbage.
    I took the teal dress from AQ40 and use the wings on my Mechagnome Priest I'm leveling. i think she looks cool.

    *shrug* I'm sorry you don't like it
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I Have Shadowlands Beta. Woo?
    Let me know when Transfers are on Beta

  6. #6
    Is this Classic or are they bringing it back for a 3rd time? :P

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    3,595
    Raelyn, Classic.

    cause they need people to test the 15 year old content.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Is this Classic or are they bringing it back for a 3rd time? :P
    Is this even a legit question...?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2020Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    These bullshit 6 month schemes make me appreciate classic even more. At least this time it's something that's absolute garbage.
    Ah, yes. The scheme of rewarding people with 6 month subscriptions. Truly Blizzard are the dastardly villains of the world.
    As others will be sure to tell you, enjoyment vs garbage is opinion based, and some people out there will probably truly love this set.
    It’s funny you say this is garbage when, going off my personal opinion, the low res textures and appearance of Classic armor sets looks like crap. Compound this with it being a hodgepodge amalgamation of differently designed and mismatched pieces, well, there’s a reason people say they look like clowns.
    I guess what I’m stating is, if you are using Classic as a basis of what looks good then your opinion means almost nothing to me when it comes to what looks good.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Ah, yes. The scheme of rewarding people with 6 month subscriptions. Truly Blizzard are the dastardly villains of the world.
    As others will be sure to tell you, enjoyment vs garbage is opinion based, and some people out there will probably truly love this set.
    It’s funny you say this is garbage when, going off my personal opinion, the low res textures and appearance of Classic armor sets looks like crap. Compound this with it being a hodgepodge amalgamation of differently designed and mismatched pieces, well, there’s a reason people say they look like clowns.
    I guess what I’m stating is, if you are using Classic as a basis of what looks good then your opinion means almost nothing to me when it comes to what looks good.
    Just because it's high res does nit mean it looks good lol.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Ah, yes. The scheme of rewarding people with 6 month subscriptions. Truly Blizzard are the dastardly villains of the world.
    Rewarding for $$, nice.

  12. #12
    It's an incentive to sub for 6-months at once instead of just monthly. It's not a reward at all.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Rewarding for $$, nice.
    It’s not rewarding for money. People sub, they pay a set price. The cosmetic is free. There is no extra charge, it’s not an inclusion of said price, it’s free. A nice reward fo people who have been loyal and sub for that amount of time. Even if you want to argue that fact, the first reward of the Dreadwake was exactly that as no one ever expected it. Now, maybe you could try and argue that Blizzard is trying to sell 6 month subs; however, the fact that they include these in the cash shop so you don’t need to have a 6 month sub negates that argument.
    There is no extra fee for these things if you have the 6 month sub, which means they are free and a reward. A player who is already planning on playing for this amount of time, which there are plenty, and do just that, and then get something like the mount or cosmetic at no extra charge or price, means that it is a reward.

    Now, you can be jaded about it and spout ignorant outrage about it if that makes you feel better. Meanwhile, people that have subbed for 6 months can enjoy their free reward as well as their game time in a game they enjoy playing enough to sub for 6 months at a time.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    It's an incentive to sub for 6-months at once instead of just monthly. It's not a reward at all.
    That’s just like, your opinion, man.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    It’s not rewarding for money.
    It is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    People sub, they pay a set price.
    Most of them would not pay for 6 months if there is no mount/transmog.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The cosmetic is free. There is no extra charge, it’s not an inclusion of said price, it’s free.
    It is not free.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    A nice reward fo people who have been loyal and sub for that amount of time.
    Now try to get this 'reward' just by playing the game...
    Inb4 'i got it for ingame gold' argument...
    No... someone else had to pay $$ for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Even if you want to argue that fact, the first reward of the Dreadwake was exactly that as no one ever expected it.
    Where did i say otherwise or it was better in any way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Now, maybe you could try and argue that Blizzard is trying to sell 6 month subs; however, the fact that they include these in the cash shop so you don’t need to have a 6 month sub negates that argument.
    There is no extra fee for these things if you have the 6 month sub, which means they are free and a reward. A player who is already planning on playing for this amount of time, which there are plenty, and do just that, and then get something like the mount or cosmetic at no extra charge or price, means that it is a reward.
    No, it does not negate my argument.
    You paid 6-month of a game that can be potentially terrible and you won't even like/play it.
    Would you do this without this 'reward'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Now, you can be jaded about it and spout ignorant outrage about it if that makes you feel better. Meanwhile, people that have subbed for 6 months can enjoy their free reward as well as their game time in a game they enjoy playing enough to sub for 6 months at a time.
    I will be always against ANY $$ stuff in sub/xpack based game.

  15. #15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •