Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've made this post so I could see the ups and downs from other ppl.
    It helped make up my mind about SL. I won't return for it.

What made me take this direction was the dress skirt... I had hopes it got updated on BfA and now on SL it's hardly updated. I want a Jaina style skirt, not this half-made that they have done on tier 1 from the expansion.

Also making a lot hard to get set transmogs, not adressing right the inflaction of economy... it just over for me. Hope on next expansion Blizz change direction and make things A LOT better...

Last but not too late... drflanigan on reddit talk about representation of the customization options...
    this kind of thing ilustrate how Blizz is building their game...

10+ Year Old Account
    as a collector, I've just simply lost interest, too many collectibles, quantity killed quality
    it might be too late, I'm sticking to classic though which is more rewarding

I unsubbed in Cata, after Annual Pass ran out. I re-subbed for a month at the very end of MoP, right before WoD came out, to catch up on all that content.

I unsubbed because I'd lost my job so I was better off saving cash over spending. By the time I was financially secure again, the guild and friends had stopped playing and migrated to other games/MMO's.

What would bring me back? Hard to say. Times have changed, and I have less free time than in my 20's. What little free time I have I'd rather spend on my hobbies over dedicating to a time sink like WoW. I'm only ever interested in the lore and world exploration, and frankly that type of content only gets updated one every 2 years and all expansion content can be consumed within a month of playtime. So honestly there's nothing preventing me from coming back, just that I don't even consider it worth my time now compared to other things I can do.

1, Got tired of having to do world quests/grinding so have unsubbed a few times in BFA due to this. Have been playing a lot of warzone recently instead.

2, I have resubbed to level alts and make some gold for shadowlands.

3, N/A

If I am not having fun anymore I’ll stop, or they remove quality of life stuff.

1. Nothing to do.

2. Something new to do. I am thinking of resubbing to clear my bags but figured I can do that when the zombie patch hits. So my finger's staying away from the sub button for now.

3. N/A

I unsubbed at the end of Legion, before BFA released.

The reason I unsubbed was 20% being wary of the design direction around borrowed power, grinds, heavy PvE being mandatory for PvP gearing, etc, and the other 80% being class design, pruning, not enjoying the aesthetic/fantasy choices they made for the Rogue class, hating the new gameplay for the Rogue class and just wanting to play a legit oldschool Rogue again, etc.

Shadowlands is moving in a positive direction on all of those issues, but it's not going far enough. It's moving in a positive direction but everything is still worse off than it was before Legion in the first place. Legion utterly ruined my class in a way that I can't even consider playing it anymore. It's just not an option for me. When every last trace of Legion Rogue design is gone, then I'll resub.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I play when there is a point in playing, if I get bored I take a break.

i unsubbed because the game fell into its usual content drought. no point in playing anymore until the actual shadowlands launch (not even the prepatch/upcoming event is worth it)

i'm starting to not feel good about shadowlands or the future, especially with so much of the talented developers having left blizzard.

1. I get bored/done with whatever i wanted to see/play through (and/or because I dislike playing without flight, so I wait until entirety of pathfinder is introduced before coming back to play)
    2. new content is released that I want to play through.
    3. /shrug.

1. Unsubbed due to the game turning into a carnival game. Prizes are all but certain to be received just for logging in and going though the motions. M+ although fun at first, are just an AOE grind and so are raids. Gone are the days of Tempest Keep and The Black temple where you had to cc mobs, and kite them and doing the trash was just as important and fun as fighting a boss. The boss fights now are just insanely complicated and everyone has addons that basically play the game for them.

2. I would only come back if TBC was re-released.

3. Many will disagree with me, but I think the downfall of the game were a combination of "warforge/titanforge" concept and the copious amounts of farming for "legeindaries" Along with that, the social aspect and server identity is gone in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan Penguin View Post
    1. I got tired of the trolls and toxic players and fucking snapped one day. I've been on the fence about quitting anyway, and once I was dealt the straw that broke the camel's back, I deleted my characters, unsubbed, uninstalled and refunded my Shadowlands pre-order. An overreaction? Yeah. But it was the right choice. I joined the game in 2006 and it was finally time to let go.

2. Nothing. I finally moved on and I'm happy I did.

3. I'm trying to tackle my single-player collection now that all that gaming time is opened up- got hooked on the Yakuza games and I've been diving into Pokemon a lot more. I stick around here because I enjoy the other non-WoW forums.
    Ahh dude, Yakuza 0 is so good. The gameplay ain't the best, & I'm not usually a fan of games that rely so heavily on cutscenes to drivie the story, but damn it kept me engrossed for a good 40 hours or so. Kiryu & Majima <3

OT: People keep me playing. If everyone I knew stopped playing, I'd stop as well. As it stands, I know enough people to go on & keep enjoying the game, but who knows when that might change.

The actual Prepatch content dropping and a hard SL release date....I'll resub when we have those in mind. I'm just done with BFA :/

My favourite part of wow is arena. I enjoy alot of it, m+, solo play etc, but Arena is the core. BFA wrecked affliction lock arena, both power but especially design wise. Its also the only expansion since arena was incepted where you are encouraged to exclusively pve in order to gain pvp power. This made me unsub.

What would bring me back? Shadowlands having a proper pvp system where to be good in pvp, you simply have to pvp (and vice versa, people should be free to enjoy the content they prefer). The signs for that are...so so. It seems its rating gated so m+ will still be the more practical option. A seperate stat (resilience or ilvl scaling) with no rating requirements would have been funner.

And locks design making sense in pvp again, which perhaps it might.

Been playing since vanilla and have NEVER set up a recurring sub. The longest period of time I’ve had a running sub was when I got the Annual Pass, but even then I took whole months off not playing.

If it weren’t for the token I’d have stopped playing years ago, but as it stands I’ll keep resubbing every few months when my other hobbies wane. As long as I still have gold to pay for a token (thanks WoD) I’ll keep coming back on occasion. The game itself never changes enough to put me off or excite me, so it really just depends on whether I have time to kill and feel like doing so in WoW.

1. Cata (Firelands patch), MoP (Patch 5.1), WoD (Patch 6.1) - Raiding group either became too frustrating to run with or fell apart.
    Legion (Nighthold patch) - I hated the idea of locking lore behind mythic dungeons as the only content a solo player can't get a random queue for (Arcway, Court of Stars, Karazhan).
    2. Cata - announcement of next expansion
    MoP - friend invited me to his raid group
    WoD - release of Tanaan
    Legion - Void elves (Oddly, I don't even play mine much anymore)
    3. My unsubs have largely been based on the strength of my social group. I didn't unsub from BfA at all because I found a great group to play with.
    Last edited by Aresk; 2020-10-29 at 02:57 PM.

BFA is the perfect example of what makes me unsub :

- Boring classes
    - Gating
    - Convoluted game mechanics
    - Extremely ALT-unfriendly
    - and the new fashion of freaking gating abilities behind grind
    - ohh and meaningless grind

1) The loot treadmill has overtaken every aspect of the game, and everything has been reduced to hollow and repetitive grinds. The 'world' is barely even paid lip-service and is treated as nothing more than an obstacle to raiding. Raiding is treated as the only point of the game. The story feels like it's being written by a teenager. The lore has drifted so far that it doesn't even feel like Warcraft anymore. The game is lazy and extremely dated. I don't feel the game in it's current state is worth £10 per month.

2) Go free to play.

I got 6 months sub to play Classic and got bored in a few days. So I'm back to playing retail lol

I let my sub go out yesterday. Not subbing until launch I told myself, firmly. Then announcement came, and I logged in without thinking and said to blizz;

HERE, TAKE MY GOLDZZZ!!!