Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    1. I quit 5 months ago for the first time solely because of the bad state of the game. I've taken breaks before for various reasons, but never because of the bad quality of the game (even during WoD, which I regret). Too many engagement metric systems to keep you busy and hooked and the quality of gameplay and story have never been worse. WoW is hardly an MMO, and certainly not an RPG anymore.

I came back just before to check out the prepatch. There where a few things I really liked, but then I was quickly reminded why I quit, and haven't touched the game much. I really regret buying game time.

2. I don't think the Devs will ever make the game good again, it's been in decline since the end of MoP development cycle and hasn't been good since. I also believe too many good people have left the dev team, or have given up on making a quality MMO-RPG out of the current game. Lore has become a joke and gameplay has been watered down too much for me.

3. Normally, I buy the next Xpac some months before release or during the prepatch, but this time I could't be bothered to buy it when I still was subbed, as I had little faith in shadowlands. I've kept up with shadowlands development, there where some really interesting and cool things I'd probably want to see, but I am really put off buy the implementation of 'borrowed power' (hate this name) systems and farming mechanisms still persisting as they are. Next to that, the story involving shadowlands for the most part seems to be incredibly bad and bland. Sure, there are some small exceptions, but those are far and few in between, and I'm just not interested anymore.

I still haven't bought shadowlands, and maybe I never will, the game has lost it's spirit long ago and I don't think it will ever return. It's too bad that blizz won't release any of their engagement metrics concerning retail vs classic, as I think that classic currently outstrips retail and might continue this trend.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

In 2014 we finally got Aussie servers. Then, a year and a half later, they fucked over the OCE community by tying Aust game time environment to US times....17 hrs fucking difference. Night time. All the time.

Four years of begging for a fix, that and even more ludicrous incompetence, as Blizzard is apparently incapable, or just unwilling, of making a basic game calendar that shows events in local time...a basic function any other game anywhere can and does do all the time.

Again and again all we ever heard is what they cant do..and it got sickening. That and the MVP shills like Metrotroll and others ) defending their incompetence..I kept hearing how "You cant use that as an argument, because others can do it doesnt mean Blizzard should do it..yeah thats right, its a stretch to expect Blizzard to provide a basic UI calendar.

When everyone else can do what Blizzard says cant be done? It isnt they cant..its that they WONT.

Got sick of being treated like a third class customer because 'Murica.

FOUR YEARS and their CMs cant be assed to even communicate...Arcagnion promised to drop in every few months and was never seen again, Takralus vanished as well.

So I quit in disgust over a year ago.....and for all those who say "Yeah you wont quit see you in Shadowlands"...I went one step further this year.

After looking at the dumpster fire that was BFA, I nuked the account.

Gone.

All of it.

Forever.

You filed a request on 2020 June 08 03:37 UTC to remove personal information from the Blizzard account registered to this email. This request is complete, and we have removed all personal information from your account.

This included your:
    - Name, contact information, and security details
    - Payment methods and purchase history
    - Purchased games, codes, promotions, and in-game items
    - Game licenses and all game progress
    - Communications with Blizzard support
    - Any remaining Blizzard Balance
    I am at this moment basking in glorious sunlight at the Crystarium, later I will be mining under a beautiful, expansive azure sky in the Sea Of Clouds..happily paying to play an MMO whose devs care for their customers, who created a labour of love, and whose current expac has been critically acclaimed worldwide.

5.3 MSQ was mindshattering, brilliant, beautiful, storywriting at its finest.

Blizzards writers, on their BEST DAY, couldnt even begin to meet that standard of excellence.

What would make me come back to WOW?

Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I´ve heard things about the Torgash tower from shadowlands
    Oh you mean Palace of the Dead and Heaven on High?
    Last edited by Aehl; 2020-11-01 at 08:08 AM.

I would have to question anyone who is subbed right now. In the usual content drought right before an expansion and there's really nothing to do that hasn't been done a million times already.

I pay my sub with WoW gold, so like hell I'm going to waste it so I can play during a drought.

1: BFA was a clusterfuck of problems with little care put into. Feedback was given on multiple things which I think they ignored and went along with their marry way. Not a clue were the lore was going and 2 major lore bosses one built up since vanilla and one built up more in cataclysm and got thrown under the bus with one getting some copy and paste cataclysm ending and Nazjatar being something that look like it was done in 20mins. For me it seemed like BFA was just like WoD where it was just a trial run for ideas that entirely sucked. Just enough cramming so many borrowed power systems into one expansion 1-2 is fine but more than that and you're asking for disaster

2: Actually start caring about their game. Seems like they're doing it with Shadowlands but they do seem to one a pendulum swing of good expansion/bad expansion track.

It's just the same game over and over and over, they re use the same models over and over and just reskin them.
    When you buy an expansion you're literally just giving them money to reskin mobs, even boss mechanics are re used.

Level, grind, grind grind grind grind. Next patch, grind grind grind grind. Next patch grind grind grind grind.

I don't mind the grinding if it's a game like ffxi where the grinding doesn't get reset, but when I spend 2 years grinding azerite and then it just....ceases to exist, you basically just wasted 2 years of your life.

What lore?

Legion had lore, BFA was "Me Orc, me no like human, Orc smash"
    Last edited by Aehl; 2020-11-01 at 08:27 AM.

i unsubed because there's no content in pre patch

ill resub when the pre patch events start in 2 weeks

Haven't enjoyed the gameplay since maybe Mists, but I always comes back for world and the lore (including BfA - take away the lazy and uninspiring war campaign and I think the lore is excellent). Shadowlands looks unrecognisable to me as WoW lore, and I just have 0 interest in an afterlife that totally takes away the meaning of death and is somehow populated by fairies, vampires angels and... scourge? It somehow looks both generic and uncomfortably unfamiliar at the same time. Also, I just can't stand the cosmic shit. Getting hard to care about big world-ending stuff after the Legion have been defeated. I will return when the story goes back down to Azeroth.

Removal of content and lack of time to play (combined with excessive RNG and grinds) made me leave.

What would make me return is an x-pac based subscription like the diablo franchise. Pay once - play all the way to the end, no monthly fee needed. That way I won't feel bad for not playing and just do stuff my own pace.

1) Quit back in Cata, same as most people I played with due to crushed expectations of the expansion, plus the heroic nerf that followed. Tried to come back in MoP but didnt even manage the maximum level. In Classic I quit twice: once because of the power takeover in a very high profile guild I've been with for a while on private servers and was practicing a lot with for Classic, and second due to having to stop ranking at 12.

2) Nothing at this point would make be to come back to retail. The game is gone. I would rather play some good single player RPG. I might try out Classic TBC if they actually implement proper patch progression (I hate the state of gameplay and balance in 2.4.3).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    1 - Simply put, the game isn't fun anymore. I was so unhappy with BFA all I ever did at the end was collect mounts and mogs. Since I have no hope for SL too now, I just finally realized it isn't worth my time or money anymore.

2 - Nothing, I'm 100% happy after switching to FF14. Almost my friends are there now and I enjoy it much more than I have WoW the past few years.

3 - Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    What lore?

Legion had lore, BFA was "Me Orc, me no like human, Orc smash"

No. That would have been better lore than both BFA, Legion and all expansions with stories "focused on characters", aka the graveyard of narrative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonblend View Post
    1 - Simply put, the game isn't fun anymore. I was so unhappy with BFA all I ever did at the end was collect mounts and mogs. Since I have no hope for SL too now, I just finally realized it isn't worth my time or money anymore.

2 - Nothing, I'm 100% happy after switching to FF14. Almost my friends are there now and I enjoy it much more than I have WoW the past few years.

3 - Not at all
    one less weeb.

The crowd roars

I'm usually unsubbing for some parts of each expansions, since after a while I get bored with WoW. I started playing towards the end of BC (but actually only hit max level in WotLK). During WotLK, I think I played some time in the beginning, and then during ICC. Then in Cata, I played until the end of Firelands and unsubbed until MoP pre-patch. Then I played until halfway through Throne of Thunder, and unsubbed until almost the end of WoD (where I resubbed and played PvP only). Then again, I came back when Legion started, played until after Trial of Valor, and unsubbed; came back for Antorus. Then in BFA I only played during the first patch, and I resubbed now.
    So typically I just skip the middle parts of expansions, I guess. I wouldn't say that any of the times I stopped playing was caused by some specific issue about the expansion. Cata and MoP were the only expansions where I was raiding on a decent level with a guild, but that burned me out (raiding started feeling more like a chore than something enjoyable). Starting with Legion, I mostly focused on M+ and just some heroic pugging (well, besides arena - I do 2v2 during every expansion; I very much prefer the pace of 2v2, in case you're wondering why I'm not doing the more prestigious/balanced/whatever 3v3).

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    to answer the question of what would make me unsub?

My age...

I started back in Vanilla at the age of 25
    Now I’m 41 and I feel like my toon will be many that will not make it out of the shadowlands.

Wow is a great game if you have the time to invest into it. And my first grandchild is due any day now. I am finding the interest for wow is just not as strong as it was.

So my age and getting older is my answer.

1. Burnout in Legion, then not interested in BFA

2. Trying FF14 with how the game so highly rated, cleared all the raid and ultimate by February and until now they still not add anything meaningful content, time to give WoW another chance in SL.

I unsubbed halfway trough Nyalotha as i cannot raid the same raid longer than half a year. It just gets soooooooo boring.

I resub as always because the start of the addon is always fun as hell and a new raid... because you cannot go wrong with raids in wow.

I sometimes sub just to do the new storylines (leveling), I don't bother with endgame at all.

I'd consider resubscribing if they managed to make World of Warcraft actually "WORLD" of Warcraft again. I don't want to meet players from other servers. I want a server community.

I unsubscribes resubscribe frequently based on available content and time. I stuck around in 8.3 because I wanted to get a new main ready for Shadowlands. I unsubbbed during Azshara progress because it wasn't going anywhere and I had everything I wanted from 8.2.

I often unsub because I get bored. Then I resub because I also get bored.