Poll: Do you engage in Pet Battles?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do from time to time. It seems to go in spurts. I'll do a bunch of them over a couple of weeks, then not bother with them at all except I still collect pets. I see that last as more of a collection thing than trying to build up an invincible pet battling army. I enjoy them while I'm doing them though.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2020-10-21 at 06:58 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    I never paid any attention to vanity pets nor battling with them
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Well some of these pets can be pretty adorable or just neat in general. So I am a pretty big fan of it. Dungeons I am a big fan of. (Sad the last one had minimal effort. More so for such a memorable dungeon..) I also enjoy when they make "secret" pets. Sundarter was pretty fun. I actually didn't start participating in pet battles until Legion. As they gave out mounts with them, snowfeather hatching would be an example. I wouldn't mind if they did something like that in the future again sometime.

Yes, I do a lot of pet battling:

Completed the celestial tournament and all the dungeons multiple times, I do PVP when the weekly event comes and i love making my own comps trying stuff, I have over 300 pets at lvl 25, I think it's fun content to do and I convinced lots of people that hated it because they never got it, but once I taught them how it works they started liking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if I want to play Pokemon I'll play Pokemon, not Blizzard's half assed knockoff of it.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    1146 unique pets with 1134 at max level.

3000th or so in eu, around 7000th in world rankings.

got every achi excluding 1000 pvp wins, not really working on it tbh but got around 500 or so.

so yes, i am into pet battles.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Did the celestial tournament, never done the weekly event because IDK if anyone does and I find it easier to use my alt army to farm the tokens for those rewards. I've done all the pet battle dungeons at least once though haven't farmed all their rewards yet because that gnomeregan one IS A BITCH! >: O

I rarely use the fancy addon but I do use guides pretty much any time I can't beat the pet battle on my first two tries. You'd really think with over 1500 pets I'd have everything I need but some are super absurd, like basically needing Broot from the Druid Order Hall to beat the Gnomeregan dungeon (WHICH IS A BITCH. SCREW THAT GIANT RAT.)

Really it started because I collected a ton of the pets just as cosmetics way back when so I had an army on standby when pet battling came out. I may not "catch 'em all" because some cost like 500k on the AH and I'm not made of money, but I go pretty hard with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Can I say dabbler if I have 1200+ pets & all the achievements apart from the one for 5k wins? I like doing them when there's nothing else to do, but once I've done the achievements related to them, they typically just go on the back burner until more are added. I don't do any PvP since getting the tabard, & I'll not be battling a single time until Shadowlands because there's nothing for me to gain from it.

I also just use Rematch & TD, so I don't even really pet battle when I do pet battle
    Last edited by Toybox; 2020-10-22 at 02:24 AM.

I couldn't tell you the last time I did a pet battle. At least 5 years ago. It just doesn't interest me at all.

The feature is not able to compete well with other features in the game and for me to make use of it, it would have to somehow stand out from the rest. For that to happen, I only see one way: make it accessible on the mobile app.

I do it as a collector, nothing more. I don't PvP Pet Battle really. Be handy if they implemented it into an app though.

I did, enjoyed it till they started adding dungeons. Stopped there, too much bs now, was a fun little side thing to do now just too much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I'll just play Pokemon if I want to play a game like that.

I'm doing it for collecting pets\actievements. Don't do it outside of it (like for fun).

Yes, I do it all and I love it.
    Also the free Portals you get from Pet Battle Dungeons are nice so you can always teleport in front of Wailing Caverns, to Westfall, to Gnomeregan, in front of Stratholmand to just outside Blackrock Depths. Those are pretty usefull as once u done the pet battle dungeon every of your toon can use them

I do it as required, to pick up an extra WQ or something. I used my mission table in Legion to get craploads of instant level 25 tokens - so I haven't levelled a battle pet in years

I look up XUFU and if it said use pet X - I just make pet X level 25 and move on

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yes. I like pet battles. I'm honestly surprised they haven't done some sort of spinoff mobile game with pet battles.

Probably the only thing in wow ive never wasted time on. The weekly pet battle events are weeks where I play the least.
    I think its the single most pointless thing added to wow ever. Happy that others have fun with it tho

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    So, some basis for this thread before we get into the meat of it.

I'm not asking if you think the system is a bad one, that it should be removed, or anything like that. The question is as simple as it is, that's all!

Onto the show!

As the title asks, do you engage in Pet Battles? How much do you do so? Do you dabble? Have you completed the Celestial Tournament? How about PvP? Do you crave the Pet Battle Weekly Event? How many max level pets do you have? Favorite things about it? How about on the other side of things, do you dislike Pet Battles? Thing the Weekly Event is a waste of a time slot? Why do you dislike it?

I personally dabble into it here and there, not really getting into it myself, but I do see the merit of the system and think it's cool that there's this completely different and optional side to the game for people to engage in.

I'll put up a simple poll here as well, 3 options, I'm just curious to how much of the player base engages in the content or not.

Again, this isn't a thread about it's removal, just want to know if you engage in it or not!
    I do them from time to time. I don’t go out of my way to do battles anymore as they are usually the last thing on my list; but, I enjoy them from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    Probably the only thing in wow ive never wasted time on. The weekly pet battle events are weeks where I play the least.
    I think its the single most pointless thing added to wow ever. Happy that others have fun with it tho
    The point is to entertain people and if it entertains some people, then it isn't pointless. That's like saying video games in general are pointless.