Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Yeah.

So how about we refocus to the issue at hand.

Considering the mounting backlash from the conservative wing of the Church, will Francis stick to his position on this or are we going to get some form of backtrack/reversal?
    It's almost 6 years to the day when the vatican basically came out and embraced them into the church. then came the backlash, but not so much reversal. Now this, idk, it's just the next step. Hope there is no step back on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    But they were not motivated by their atheism.
    Wrong.

Communist ideology could not coexist with the continued influence of religion even as an independent institutional entity, so "Lenin demanded that communist propaganda must employ militancy and irreconcilability towards all forms of idealism and religion", and that was called "militant atheism". "Militant" meant an uncompromising attitude toward religion and the effort of winning the hearts and minds of believers from a false philosophy. Militant atheism became central to the ideology of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and a high priority policy of all Soviet leaders.[4] Convinced atheists were considered to be more politically astute and virtuous individuals.[4][15]

The state established atheism as the only scientific truth.[16][17][18][19] Soviet authorities forbade the criticism of atheism and agnosticism until 1936 or of the state's anti-religious policies; such criticism could lead to forced retirement.
    Last edited by Shadowferal; 2020-10-22 at 01:57 AM.

Going back to the main topic I think this is good because there are gay people who are believers and it is good that they recognize their rights

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    They will be motivated by their atheistic ideology that believed that religion is the opium of the people and that they should abolish religion. atheism is an important part of communist thought
    Lol, they did not commit atrocities because "religion is the opium of the masses." Marx never condoned violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Going back to the main topic I think this is good because there are gay people who are believers and it is good that they recognize their rights
    I am a lot less enthused than most people... If gay people are happy, that’s all that maters... I think it’s pandering and there is no reason it should be civil union, instead of marriage... because linguistics is not a religious thing... but, I am just here to support... If people are happy, my support 100%...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Buncha butthurt beta theists in this thread lol sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Yeah.

So how about we refocus to the issue at hand.

Considering the mounting backlash from the conservative wing of the Church, will Francis stick to his position on this or are we going to get some form of backtrack/reversal?
    Does he have a history of backtracking?

He is a Jesuit. It's an interesting order that's not afraid to go against the grain of the RCC or try to push in a more liberal direction. I think he would be hardpressed to straight-up backtrack on his stance and chose his words, civil union, very carefully. From what I've seen he has always been a 'put people first and worry about what they do later, and if what they do isn't harming others then there are more important things to worry about' kind of guy. If someone hits him with "gay couples are destroying the traditional family unit" his rebuttal is a list of things hetero couples often do that are more devastating to the 'traditional family unit'.

I could be wrong about him though.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-22 at 02:03 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I am a lot less enthused than most people... If gay people are happy, that’s all that maters... I think it’s pandering and there is no reason it should be civil union, instead of marriage... because linguistics is not a religious thing... but, I am just here to support... If people are happy, my support 100%...
    As a member of the LGBT+ community, we could ask for nothing more then being allowed to live how we like in peace
    Here is something to believe in!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's just my claim, why is the topic of his religion hotly debated?
    If it's as set in stone as you claim. Why is it debated?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If it's as set in stone as you claim. Why is it debated?
    Because theists will pull anything out of their asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buncha butthurt beta theists in this thread lol sad.
    The nerve...

Melacholy fun? System doesn't think so
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...esn-t-think-so
    Quote Originally Posted by You
    Nothing beats sad songs, a good cry. Those kind of things.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

And you seem to be doing the same.

Lol, they did not commit atrocities because "religion is the opium of the masses." Marx never condoned violence.
    Chapter IV last paragraph communist manifesto by karl marx

The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by the forcible overthrow of all existing social conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a Communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
    https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...festo/ch04.htm

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could be wrong, but i'm fairly positive @Felya isn't a theist. Nor am I.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Chapter IV last paragraph communist manifesto by karl marx

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...festo/ch04.htm
    So "forcibly overthrow" means kill people? LOL?

Its a wierd thing to say, last few pages haven't been about the validity of religon, its been about a two different states historical political stances on religions.

There's nothing really for a theist or athiest to be getting upset about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    As a member of the LGBT+ community, we could ask for nothing more then being allowed to live how we like in peace
    Like the ponyfied Baphomet avatar said... you are god...

10+ Year Old Account
    Refugee because of religion, but no... if anyone picks up on my quotes and avatar, it’s like I always say, I am a huge fan of the occult and conspiracy theories... I don’t actually believe in any of the mystical shit...

I like to spook normies...

So "forcibly overthrow" means kill people? LOL?
    Yes, thats what he ment.

“there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror.”
    Karl marx

https://www.marxists.org/archive/mar...1848/11/06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    yes? this isn't hard to understand what that means...
    Need I quote The Bible, then?

Leviticus 18:22"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin."

Leviticus 20:13"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense."

Judges 19:16-24That evening an old man came home from his work in the fields. He was from the hill country of Ephraim, but he was living in Gibeah, where the people were from the tribe of Benjamin. When he saw the travelers sitting in the town square, he asked them where they were from and where they were going."We have been in Bethlehem in Judah," the man replied. "We are on our way to a remote area in the hill country of Ephraim, which is my home. I traveled to Bethlehem, and now I'm returning home. But no one has taken us in for the night, even though we have everything we need. We have straw and feed for our donkeys and plenty of bread and wine for ourselves.""You are welcome to stay with me," the old man said. "I will give you anything you might need. But whatever you do, don't spend the night in the square." So he took them home with him and fed the donkeys. After they washed their feet, they ate and drank together. While they were enjoying themselves, a crowd of troublemakers from the town surrounded the house. They began beating at the door and shouting to the old man, "Bring out the man who is staying with you so we can have sex with him." The old man stepped outside to talk to them. "No, my brothers, don't do such an evil thing. For this man is a guest in my house, and such a thing would be shameful. Here, take my virgin daughter and this man's

Oh, but in this case The Bible is being misinterpreted, just lost in translation... right.