Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Cool The new Ingratitude-taking Holiday

Let the Ingratitude-taking snack commence! Everything you see here is 100% from scratch using fresh ingredients with the exception of the mini Nilla wafers, soup & fried onions used in the casserole, and nut pie crust for the pies. That's a 23lb turkey that was brined for 36 hours. Side dishes are green bean casserole using fresh green beans, cream, and each a can of golden mushroom and shitake & portabella soup; candied sweet potatoes with crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, dark brown sugar, and of course topped with marshmallows; cornbread stuffing with celery, onions, mushrooms, apple, and dried cranberries; banana pudding; cranberry sauce with orange juice as the liquid; gravy; and pumpkin pie made with roasted sugar pumpkins in a nut shell made by Diamond brand. In the essence of Ingratitude-taking I'll be giving some of this to my bestie when he comes over later and he's not allowed to complain or say no because he must partake in the TAKING part of the holiday. Since Ingratitude-taking is all about celebrating without friends and family (unlike it's counterpart Thanksgiving) he has to take his snack home with him and when he gets home he must complain about all the things he DOESN'T have that he wants and complain about all the unhealthy things in his life. Thus we now have a tradition of Ingratitude-taking for future generations! I should add that all this food was made just for me and my boyfriend and the decision to give away part of it was a last minute thing lol

Last edited by gaymer77; 2020-10-22 at 04:24 AM. Reason: apparently MMO-Champ doesn't like the 100 image symbol

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this another blog post?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Could you break that mega-sentence up into readable chunks please?
    Here is something to believe in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Could you break that mega-sentence up into readable chunks please?
    I'm going to assume you were referring to this.....

Side dishes are green bean casserole; candied sweet potatoes; cornbread stuffing; banana pudding; cranberry sauce; gravy; and pumpkin pie.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm going to assume you were referring to this.....

Side dishes are green bean casserole; candied sweet potatoes; cornbread stuffing; banana pudding; cranberry sauce; gravy; and pumpkin pie.
    I think it's more referring to the giant text block. It might be easier to read if you were to break it up by Dish

Something like this:

green bean casserole using fresh green beans, cream, and each a can of golden mushroom and shitake & portabella soup

candied sweet potatoes with crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, dark brown sugar, and of course topped with marshmallows

cornbread stuffing with celery, onions, mushrooms, apple, and dried cranberries

banana pudding

cranberry sauce with orange juice as the liquid

gravy

pumpkin pie made with roasted sugar pumpkins in a nut shell made by Diamond brand.
    Makes it a lot easier to read when it isn't all in a giant text block

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Makes it a lot easier to read when it isn't all in a giant text block
    Correct.

Also, now I'm hungry :P
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally everything looks burnt, I'm so sorry for people who had to eat that.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Looks like something for Thanks Giving... this a practice run?

Ingratitude-taking?

What? is that a hipster holiday or something?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Not one thing on there was burnt. The turkey had herbs on top that browned more than the skin did hence the 'burnt" look but not burnt flavor. Marshmallows are supposed to be browned when they are on the sweet potatoes/yams. The green beans were color wise darker than I had wanted but were not curnt in flavor or texture. The brown specks you see in the stuffing is the cranberries. The pie shell did cook quicker than the pie did but that was because I had never used a nut shell before this time. I know now to wrap it with aluminum foil before putting them in the oven but again they weren't burnt in flavor just darkened in color.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Ingratitude-taking?

What? is that a hipster holiday or something?
    lol nah it was just something funny I was calling it because it was essentially what you eat at Thanksgiving but since my boyfriend doesn't like holidays (his family is toxic) and because I wanted to cook a turkey, I just started calling it the opposite of the words in Thanksgiving. Even calling it a "snack" was the opposite of a meal.

lol nah it was just something funny I was calling it because it was essentially what you eat at Thanksgiving but since my boyfriend doesn't like holidays (his family is toxic) and because I wanted to cook a turkey, I just started calling it the opposite of the words in Thanksgiving. Even calling it a "snack" was the opposite of a meal.
    A snack isn't the opposite of a meal. Both are ways of ingesting food. The difference is normally one of quantity.

The opposite of a meal is not eating.

Also, if you have to explain a joke...it's not a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    That's why it's ingratitude-taking....instead of everyone giving thanks for the food and the presence of family...everyone can just bitch at the cook for ruining dinner and pimpslap their racist uncle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    A snack isn't the opposite of a meal. Both are ways of ingesting food. The difference is normally one of quantity.

The opposite of a meal is not eating.
    Well I didn't think that calling it a famine would be correct since we're actually eating hence a snack or maybe I should have called it a bite but either way its on the opposite side of a meal.

Not enough veggies.
    Aside from that I think I'll chow down.

So that's all cold food?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man you are just on a roll with these ill-thought out threads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Is this another blog post?
    Looks like more an Insta food post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not one thing on there was burnt. The turkey had herbs on top that browned more than the skin did hence the 'burnt" look but not burnt flavor. Marshmallows are supposed to be browned when they are on the sweet potatoes/yams. The green beans were color wise darker than I had wanted but were not curnt in flavor or texture. The brown specks you see in the stuffing is the cranberries. The pie shell did cook quicker than the pie did but that was because I had never used a nut shell before this time. I know now to wrap it with aluminum foil before putting them in the oven but again they weren't burnt in flavor just darkened in color.

- - - Updated - - -

No literally all of it looks overcooked.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Let the Ingratitude-taking snack commence! Everything you see here is 100% from scratch using fresh ingredients...
    I mean it's not really 100% from scratch. But I'm just poking a bit of fun, good job!

My family does not celebrate Thanksgiving. However, I thought it was in November.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turkey should really be eaten more often. So making up reasons to eat turkey is good.
    Government Affiliated Snark

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I mean it's not really 100% from scratch. But I'm just poking a bit of fun, good job!

My family does not celebrate Thanksgiving. However, I thought it was in November.
    It is in November which is why this holiday is in October ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Turkey should really be eaten more often. So making up reasons to eat turkey is good.
    Totally agree. For some reason where I'm at most of the stores don't sell whole turkeys year round. They only start putting them out in November and pack them up around January/February. There's only one store in town that I know of that sells whole turkeys year-round and I live in Fresno population 500k. There's a handful that sell just the turkey breast but since my boyfriend and I prefer dark meat, it makes no sense to cook just the breast since that's only white meat. TBH this joke holiday was just an excuse to make a turkey because I had been craving one and didn't want to wait until the end of Nov to have some lol