The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question More idle animations

What do you peeps think of the idea of Blizzard adding more idle animations.. based on either class/race or weapons.

Think of the following:
    - polishing your weapon
    - flexing
    - looking in the distance
    - changing leg-placement
    - fidget the player's armor (gloves or shoulderpads)
    - yawn
    - sigh (if a player just starts to AFK)

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    What do you peeps think of the idea of Blizzard adding more idle animations.. based on either class/race or weapons.

Think of the following:
    - polishing your weapon
    - flexing
    - changing leg-placement
    - yawn

Your thoughts?
    I mean, I don't especially like some of your excamples, but having 2 idle animations per situation alone would already be nice.
    The nightelf bouncing is getting annoying.
    And taking a seat while afking is, while being iconic, surely not the only way.

Think of the following:
    - polishing your weapon
    - flexing
    - changing leg-placement
    - yawn

Your thoughts?
    Of all the things that need more animations these are not it.
    It would be better to focus on varying animations for things that people actually do, for actions.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Personally, I'm 100% on board with this idea. A few minutes ago I was in Shadowmoon Valley - Draenor listening to the image of Velen as he told me the story of his peoples escape from Argus and the tragedy of Saa'ra becoming a Void god. My Paladin, the dick he is, is just standing there yawning and rolling his eyes like a pompous asshole. Totally killed the mood.

3+ Year Old Account
    I know FF14 has a few different 'Idle options', maybe there could be some different ones for each race that you could swap to if you'd like?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ha! I'll be happy when Blizzard finally gives my Warlock his proper spell (pre)casting animation, not the mage animation we've been stuck with for all of BFA.

Think of the following:
    - polishing your weapon
    - flexing
    - changing leg-placement
    - yawn

Your thoughts?
    I'd rather it be on race, not class or whatever. It'd be a great way to add uniqueness to each race again since every class has new animations now and those animations are shared among all races which makes races less unique when compared.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Ha! I'll be happy when Blizzard finally gives my Warlock his proper spell (pre)casting animation, not the mage animation we've been stuck with for all of BFA.
    Yeah, I recently posted this in another thread. You should be able to toggle those animations off.

I hate it how my resto druid looks like she is going to attack somebody after casting a Rejuvi.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    Personally, I'm 100% on board with this idea. A few minutes ago I was in Shadowmoon Valley - Draenor listening to the image of Velen as he told me the story of his peoples escape from Argus and the tragedy of Saa'ra becoming a Void god. My Paladin, the dick he is, is just standing there yawning and rolling his eyes like a pompous asshole. Totally killed the mood.
    This made me lol. Yea sometimes cutscene happen and my character will always do one of hes weird idle animation at the wrong time.