Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritra the Gnome View Post
    The single biggest mistake Blizzard ever did with WoW was adding Flying in the first place.
    Says the guy with 12 posts. Classic is there for you in case you are not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I don't think a flying zone is likely unless they change their mind on Pathfinder.

If they keep Pathfinder, as seems very likely, then if they add a flying-oriented zone, they have two choices:

1) Only people who've done Pathfinder Part 2 have access to it. This is not going to be popular. Especially if anything in Pathfinder is at all annoying - and some of it will inevitably be time-gated. People will Hulk-style rage out if it requires Exalted or Revered with a Faction and it's remotely time-consuming to get that. So yeah I don't think that's viable.

2) Ignore Pathfinder for that zone only, which will confuse some more casual people and cause other people to question why Pathfinder exists, and I think generally be more trouble than it's worth.

I could see 2) happening if the zone was entirely superfluous - like nothing in it at all was important and it was just basically a testbed for future flying zones, I guess.

However I think flying zones generally don't work well for the same reasons underwater ones don't work well. Humans don't really inherently enjoy vertical movement in that way. It's the whole "people never look up" thing. Sure, you lose the "people who hate the vibe of being underwater" issue, but instead you gain the "people who don't like being too high up" issue, and some people really hate flying over gaps/endless drops and so on.

Plus WoW's flying is not inherently interesting like flying is in some games - flight sims of all kinds (whether it's Pilotwings or FS2020) or even stuff like GW2 where there's an actual system to flying your monster around. It's just boring arbitrary vertical movement. Most people just use it to make hops like they had a jetpack, or cross long distances faster (i.e. "as the crow flies"). I don't think people would be excited about flying up and down between islands of floating rocks or whatever.

If there was some kind of system/gameplay, like GW2's glider and updrafts and so on, then maybe a few more people would be excited, but overall I just don't think this is something most players would get excited about.
    It would work if they did like in WoTLK and for that zone only they had a rental flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Flying should be earned, not handed to you.
    Says who? LOL.

The single biggest mistake Blizzard ever did with WoW was adding Flying in the first place.
    wow would have been dead years ago if they didn't

WHY DONT MAKE FLY PVP?!!?!?

Blizz hire me plz

lol, it's one of the best things they ever did. One of the reasons I got bored 30 seconds into classic was no flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Says who? LOL.
    Blizzard when they rolled out Pathfinder to begin with. I agree with them.

flying would be dope if the content was designed around it

- - - Updated - - -

they had it right in tbc and wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Says the guy with 12 posts. Classic is there for you in case you are not trolling.
    I have a few more than 12 posts, and have been around quite a bit longer than him, and I full agree with his statement. "Go play classic if you don't like it," is such a tired response, but if disliking flying was the only reason I continued to play WoW I certainly would play classic. Unfortunately for me, that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    wow would have been dead years ago if they didn't
    wow would have been better years ago if they didn't.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    How about this idea for the folks that like the SL "meaningful choice" concept: In SL after you have done your quests to get to 60 and are standing in front of your new BFF to choose your Covenent......you also have to chose Fly or No Fly? For the world pvp folks if you choose No Fly, you can't be attacked by anyone who has flown in the last 2 minutes. Flying puts a PvP debuff on you so you can't attack anyone until the debuff falls off in 2 minutes. They can attack you however since they don't have one....makes the idea of flying and herbing with pvp on a whole new concept. LOL

After you make your Fly or No Fly choice at your Covenent BFF person, you can't change it for 30 days. Now that is a "meaningful choice"....lol.

Stay safe and have fun!

The greatest thing in WoW is the Magic Broom. Don't be so contradictory!

The single biggest mistake Blizzard ever did with WoW was removing flying.
    The game has been just about unplayable in the outdoor zones after MoP.

It should be a choice in all zones, all the time.

Matched in magnitude by attempting to put the genie back in the bottle.

Pathfinder has worn out its welcome. No matter how much Blizzard wants to tell people that the game is better without flight, its just isn't.

We've tasted the fruit. There's no going back. And all the roadblocks and timegates just makes the game feel worse. Blizzard and players would be better served by embracing that fact, overhauling flight, and including it with care, consideration, and moderation in future zones.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-24 at 04:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    blizzard hates flying, thats why they come up with these brainless grinds that cant be completed untill 1.5 years into the xpac. they initially want it removed but since so many people are fond of it, they cant. they should just allow access to flying without me needing to unlock something... every new xpac my flying mounts forgot how to fly? fuck off... for those arguing they dont want flying MOUNT A GODDAMN GROUND MOUNT OR DONT HIT THE SPACEBAR!
    Once a system is in the game you cannot pretend it's not. No matter how strong willed you are.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

How so?
    Personally I like it.

Seems the discussion has gone back to generic flying vs no flying

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Seems the discussion has gone back to generic flying vs no flying
    Lol! What did you expect? The attemp to remove flight in WoD was one of the most polarizing things blizzard has ever done to the game.