Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    That fight is clearly happening at Marris Stead. I believe 100% it's the cinematic that plays in Plaguelands after you kill Nathanos. Nothing suggests this is in SLs.
    Exactly, this.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    God i cannot stand that fucker. Why must every line be uttered with a goddamned snarl? I hope that voice actor picks a different career.
    Because he's been an asshole ever since we met him in vanilla who thinks everyone who isn't Sylvanas is a bug? I still remember him considering promoting me from imbecile to mentally deficient, first class, after I killed the abomination that killed him, then he chose not to.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It was already datamined that Tyrande would get the kill on Nathanos. Sadly this won't be the last time we'll see him, at least not on Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    That was the pre-patch boss fight, which it was datamined awhilea go that he does die because both of our factions comment on how Tyrande kills him in the cutscene, but Shadowlands is the realm afterlives...of course he'd pop up somewhere

You guys are really surprised at the concept that we're going to see Nathanos again in Shadowlands, you know... the place where people go to when they die, and that all dead souls currently go to the place that he's aligned with @_@

If Nathanos dies to Tyrande, yes he goes to Shadowlands, which he then pops up in the Maw. I mean this is literally the expansion where its justified to use the "Merely a setback" over and over xD

Also I feel like us fighting him at the farm is more of just an pre expansion event, allowing Tyrande some kind of revenge to shut people up and he probably was going to end up going to the maw to back up Sylvanas anyways so... 3 birds 1 stone? lore wise it makes sense too, you're going to the maw? Kill some people on the way.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2020-10-30 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    My understanding is that the fight with Tyrande happens when he hits 10% in the pre patch fight. The Castle Nathria datamining is just speculation.
    Yep, I think so.

The scenes we see have been from various different cinematics, the Nathanos scenes are from the cutscene that plays after his WB fight. It starts with the point where he shoots Arrows around him (at us who have been hiting him in a big group) and goes "Is that the best you can do?", then Tyrande comes and nails him to the wall of the Marris Farmstead.

However since Sylvanas and her new boyfriend control the Maw where all souls go, killing Nathanos is pretty pointless, unless they want to show how he COULD be revived by her but Sylvanas just ignores him. Unless of course Tyrande can somehow prevent his soul from going there. Either by destroying it or sending it somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    My assumption was that he'd pull a Team Rocket during the pre-patch, and then he'd get Gul'dan'd by Tyrande in the first raid.
    We know that he dies, but this is an expansion about death so it’s obvious he’ll just join Sylvanas again in the maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yep, I think so.

The scenes we see have been from various different cinematics, the Nathanos scenes are from the cutscene that plays after his WB fight. It starts with the point where he shoots Arrows around him (at us who have been hiting him in a big group) and goes "Is that the best you can do?", then Tyrande comes and nails him to the wall of the Marris Farmstead.

However since Sylvanas and her new boyfriend control the Maw where all souls go, killing Nathanos is pretty pointless, unless they want to show how he COULD be revived by her but Sylvanas just ignores him. Unless of course Tyrande can somehow prevent his soul from going there. Either by destroying it or sending it somewhere else.
    Well Sylanas already sort of gave him the cold shoulder at the end of the book, so it would make sense that he dies, is expecting Sylvanas to get him out of the Maw and she just... doesn't. Would love to see his face at that moment.

It really doesn’t matter if anyone gets killed or dies so I find it funny or kind of stupid that people heave about characters they want dead or killed when there’s no such thing since we know where they go - life 2.

Now when a character dies you can’t be sad nor happy, you just wonder which realm they went to.

Death is meaningless for characters. you’ll see them again even more than before haha

Btw there’s sunlight and growing things like plants so there’s a sun and water and male and female so it’s basically planets or another dimension, it’s not death.

I love Nathanos he’s a cool character and kind of different/needed from the rest of the stereotypical ones. People want him dead because they don’t like him? Why want him dead? what’s dead mean to you? Dead in wow means more life. Haha

he dies, that shit was datamined ages ago, alliance and horde talk about tyrande destroying sylvanas's simp pre-SL

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    but if something happens to him while in SL it is permanent ? the path of action is clear then and we will slap him for good another time.

for a counter example: the rares from pre-event are old enemies from WotLK, already killed by us in raids and dungeons years ago with more or less fond memories...
    but since we bash them on azeroth instead of SL realm in november they could be granted a 3rd performance in expansion if Blizzard decides so.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Wait, really? I had no idea he appeared in Nanthria data-mining. Dammit...
    He didn't. All that was datamined was that he had a boss tag. Which is explained with his presence in the pre-event.

Reading things now...
    Does it looks like the demons and twisting nether?
    You can only kill a demon on it's realm or it will come back?

Like... you kill a demon, it revives. You kill it again, go to twisting nether (or argus.. I don't really got if they retcon or not that).... kill it there. IT GOES TO SHADOWLANDS.... and, yes, it usually should stay there put forever...
    But since the Sylv broke the helm... they can now revive! Yay, more things for lore. SO... the demon goes back to Azeroth. We kill it on Azeroth, we kill it again in twisting nether, and now... we have to go to SL so we can kill it... AGAIN for the 5th time? It's the immortal loop of a villain. It's a setback of setbacks, inside a setback.

Back to reallity. lol

We have a villain, we kill it, it goes to SL. But somehow with necromantic powers we can revive it! But if we kill it on SL, not possible anymore....
    JUST LIKE DEMONS.
    So, nothing new on the horizon?

Nathanos has bigger plans for all of us, why do you think the champions of Azeroth were put through all of this? We are being fattened up with that sweet sexy anima so we can be bled of it for the true master. The master is just salting his meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    It really doesn’t matter if anyone gets killed or dies so I find it funny or kind of stupid that people heave about characters they want dead or killed when there’s no such thing since we know where they go - life 2.

Now when a character dies you can’t be sad nor happy, you just wonder which realm they went to.

Death is meaningless for characters. you’ll see them again even more than before haha

Btw there’s sunlight and growing things like plants so there’s a sun and water and male and female so it’s basically planets or another dimension, it’s not death.

I love Nathanos he’s a cool character and kind of different/needed from the rest of the stereotypical ones. People want him dead because they don’t like him? Why want him dead? what’s dead mean to you? Dead in wow means more life. Haha
    The thing is we don't know how the expansion will end. The death cycle may be broken completely, or it may go back to its usual workings. Either way, if a character goes to the Maw and Sylvanas/Jailer dont want to pull them out from there (and we don't rescue them), it's pretty much goodbye. Or at least "suffer in hell" for the time being. Obviously this is Warcraft, anyone can always come back when the story decides they're needed. Still, lots of people are hoping Nathanos goes to the Maw and stays there.

As for why he's not liked, well, everyone has different reasons but mostly because he's an asshole and a Sylvanas apologist, with some people hating the character because they consider he's a write-in for Danuser. Really, if you look in the official forums and reddit, most of the community seems to hate him.

The thing is we don't know how the expansion will end. The death cycle may be broken completely, or it may go back to its usual workings. Either way, if a character goes to the Maw and Sylvanas/Jailer dont want to pull them out from there (and we don't rescue them), it's pretty much goodbye. Or at least "suffer in hell" for the time being. Obviously this is Warcraft, anyone can always come back when the story decides they're needed. Still, lots of people are hoping Nathanos goes to the Maw and stays there.

As for why he's not liked, well, everyone has different reasons but mostly because he's an asshole and a Sylvanas apologist, with some people hating the character because they consider he's a write-in for Danuser. Really, if you look in the official forums and reddit, most of the community seems to hate him.
    Well, considering we are done with battlingg mortals and go to other dimensions like Orderlands, Naturelands and other stuff, i dont see problem with that. Soldiers dies and go to Afterlife. Proof your skills and go to better covenants. No fear of death, just a work to do.

yeah, whatever happens..

going forward, wow will always have to keep the shadowlands' situation in mind. for death to be meaningful in any future expansion, for us and others to even be motivated to fight for life, they can't end the expansion with things going back to normal. the shadowlands have to be like the line in the sand both protected and hated (hated because our existence is decided for us, protected because without it, there may be no cycle). we can't just learn from it and leave it - like we did and do with bc.

That's why I route for Sylvanas, she wants to free us from the reality that has decided for us what's what.

It's kind of obvious in real life too, I mean, you didn't decide to respond to my post, something decided that you are allowed have the ability to make decisions. and you're just gonna let that happen? you're just going to let someone or something treat you like that? whatever is deciding everything for us and our game characters needs to be challenged or understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    The first Nathanos clip looks like the end of the Marris Stead fight with the trees and the colour of the Skybox in the background, the second clip is a bit strange but I think it's taking place in Revendreth. Note though that it's not Tyrande who's firing arrows as she has that glaive thing now.
    Might be one of Nathanos' own arrows she fired back at him, as Tyrande does seem to posses some telekinetic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Luler View Post
    Really hope Tyrande can somehow just obliterate his soul permanently. Or at least keep him imprisoned and tortured, forever denied the ability to rejoin his kween.
    He has to be obliterated. Eternal torture will just eventually drive the torturer mad as he's forced to hear "hmph, is that the best you can do?" for 1,000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    He has to be obliterated. Eternal torture will just eventually drive the torturer mad as he's forced to hear "hmph, is that the best you can do?" for 1,000 years.
    Just put him in a room with himself, except unable to recognise it.