Addons for Shadow

Hi everyone,

I don't like to play with addons, or better said, with the minimum possible. However, I think that I'd need something to help me track the dots on the enemies and also, an addond that notices me when dark plague is usable and so with the empowered SW: D.

What addons do you use and for what?

Thank you

I like to play with a minimal set of add-ons aswell. I strongly believe that sometimes less is more. That said most people I know use a nameplate add-on (i.e plater) for dot tracking and weakauras.

The priests community has a very active discord server, most info you can find here https://warcraftpriests.com/

I myself only use some minimalistic weakauras I made myself. There is also a discord server for this. I just found most pre made weakauras to overloaded. Making weakauras to track procs and stuff if quite easy, the weakauras discord is very helpful and there are also a few guides on YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    I read percentages and I watch my insanity

But if nothing else, im sure there are some weakauras that do what you're looking for.

I use tellmewhen for everything. I track the dots on my current target to let myself know when they are in pandemic range for optimal refreshing (including DP). I have some notifications that light up different buttons (MB/DP/Void Bolt) depending on what has priority or will have priority next GCD, and of course a notification that lets me know the target is in SW range and shows me its cooldown. I also made an insanity bar right next to the buttons and dot/buff bars (to keep track of the various self-buffs and trinket procs etc) so I have all the information I need in one place.

Another endorsement for tellmewhen. It's the only addon you need.

Just build your own WeakAuras, that way you can customize what you feel you need to see.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys lnow if elvui has been updated to show mana next to our normal recource insanity.

You only get 1 powerbar and there ia no option to show a mana bar..

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You guys lnow if elvui has been updated to show mana next to our normal recource insanity.

You only get 1 powerbar and there ia no option to show a mana bar..
    Screenshot taken right now with the latest version of ElvUI. Insanity bar shows below frame, mana bar shows above.

Not sure how much time it has been this way, I don't remember exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

power bar = insanity
    classbar = mana

7+ Year Old Account
    Have a unitplate addon & some weak auras for making sure you can easily follow your accurate rotation without needing to look at the bottom of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by aryadneae View Post
    Hi everyone,

I don't like to play with addons, or better said, with the minimum possible. However, I think that I'd need something to help me track the dots on the enemies and also, an addond that notices me when dark plague is usable and so with the empowered SW: D.

What addons do you use and for what?

Thank you

Just go for weakauras, there is a reason it is so popular and you can always be sure it will get proper updates etc. You can setup the basic stuff like dot tracking, but also add other auras you might need...there is a LOT you are probably not thinking about but which would come in pretty handy.
    If you dont wanna go for plater, maybe try KUI nameplates. They are a good lightweight option with enough customization imho...it really helps having clean nameplates with proper dot tracking and maybe even display of dispellable buffs etc.

The first time opening weakauras it seems to be more complicated than it is, but it isn't really hard to understand...even if you want to setup your own auras. Also there are a lot guides out there and tons of profiles on wago.io

Oh and maybe try dominos as bar addon. It's really nice to have the option to fade out bars or make them mouseover to clean up the UI. If you got a proper weakaura setup you wont need much of the bars anyways.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
    Screenshot taken right now with the latest version of ElvUI. Insanity bar shows below frame, mana bar shows above.

Not sure how much time it has been this way, I don't remember exactly.
    Thanks for letting me know! I have been searching for that for some time!

I don't have the latest, but one before that so it has to be a recent thing!

Thanks everybody for their replies, I'm gonna take a look at all of this.

One of my problems with addons is that I don't have much time to play, and waste one day just to learn how to configure the addons... makes me sad xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Have a unitplate addon & some weak auras for making sure you can easily follow your accurate rotation without needing to look at the bottom of the screen.
    That's exactly what I want, right now I expend the half of the combat looking at the bottom of my screen and I can't see what's going on in the rest of it.

I made some auras and it was "ok" (I need more iteration on that). I also gave Plater a shot (without configuring anything) in Tol Dagor and I still have sequels from that. I couldn't see barely ANYTHING, just bars all over my screen.