Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Honestly it seems like it would be confusing for new players. Even if they choose an expansion they'll still see like 1/4th of that expansions content.
    Which is why actual new players are forced into BFA

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Which is why actual new players are forced into BFA
    So they'll see some of the worst zones.

Quote Originally Posted by aldurhan View Post
    There are some incredibly dishonest people here.

People claim that

1. Leveling needed to be made faster, because a long leveling process intimidates new players
    2. Leveling needed to be made faster for older players, because they've leveled so many characters already, leveling is not fun to them anymore

You need to pick one. Either this is supposed to improve the experience of new players or that of older players.

Reality is that this is not an old/new player issue, but a matter of whether you consider the entire game to be interesting, or only the endgame. For those that only care about the endgame, they always want faster leveling. They don't care about anything but raids.

But among those new players, there are plenty of players that do care about more than just raiding. Some don't care about raiding at all.They want to explore a new world and the way this new system is set up, it doesn't seem like it will give them the chance to be fascinated by this game world.
    This is the height of dishonesty. What stops you from turning xp off and exploring? What stops you from exploring at max level? Nothing.

What is better? Levelling up slower when there is no way to speed up levelling or levelling faster but with ways ways to slow it down or turn it off?

This is the height of entitlement. There are ways for YOU to enjoy the content at your pace without affecting others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I want an option for main storyline quests only. Don't show any side quests for the area. Maybe even skip a couple unnecessary main quests. This way you can actually get through at what I'd assume the majority of an expansion.

it's not about doing the quests, it's about creating a character and growing that character

the quests are just a tool

- - - Updated - - -

if you feel that way, you should have never played an MMO to begin with
    I disagree. I think if you are playing an mmo for the leveling you are playing the wrong game.

To people saying the real game begins at the endgame, everything before is just a waste of time:

you'd be surprised about how boring the game would be if it actually only consisted of raids and dungeons

it would be like removing trash mobs from dungeons, like they did with Trial of the Crusader. You'll immediately feel the impact of that design decision, and it will be a very negative feeling.

This is an MMO. The two things that make an MMO what it is are a huge world and other players to interact with. Reducing your game world to 1% of what it actually is would cause irreparable damage to your game.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok but that wasn't your argument. A new player leveling through BFA will experience all of the zones of their faction and at least some of the war campaign on the way to lv50. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the quality of the leveling experience in BFA its not confusing and the exact opposite of what you said is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is the height of dishonesty. What stops you from turning xp off and exploring?
    Who says I want to do that? What would be the point of that?

The point of leveling is to do things to gain experience so you can increase in level. Why would I turn off experience gain for that? It's antithetical to leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremelyCrusty View Post
    Honestly it seems like it would be confusing for new players. Even if they choose an expansion they'll still see like 1/4th of that expansions content.
    Why would it be confusing? Have you even tried the leveling experience for new players? Or have you just created a new toon, Chromied, and rushed as fast as you can to max then decided that you know what's best for new players? You don't have a clue.

For a new player the experience is pretty linear. You do the 1 to 10. Then you do BfA and you don't get an option to choose where you go. There's only one option. You don't get to fuck round with the three zones and the footholds don't even open till 40ish. It is very straight forward.

Want proof? Start a new character and don't Chromie.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    I want an option for main storyline quests only. Don't show any side quests for the area. Maybe even skip a couple unnecessary main quests. This way you can actually get through at what I'd assume the majority of an expansion.
    I love this idea! I love options. Another option for players could be "Give me the "Burning Legion experience" and take the player through main quests of TBC and Legion, (or even if there are some important story quests that force you to dip into other xpac lands/quests just for the sake of getting a good Burning Legion story) and adjust the xp so that you go through there and when you're finished you've hit some level (40?50?).

Main questlines would be great!!!

BfA zones are objectively some of the best. The levelling experience has been distilled to a fine art by Blizzard and over the later expansions have been lauded by players and critics alike. Try again.
    why so mad bro

No, they can't.
    Exactly why not? Leveling can be daunting for newcomers and boring for veterans.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Who says I want to do that? What would be the point of that?

The point of leveling is to do things to gain experience so you can increase in level. Why would I turn off experience gain for that? It's antithetical to leveling.
    Because your beef is "immersion" and "exploration". You have that option to do that. Leveling itself is not a priority for you otherwise the fake outrage you feel for the levelling improvements wouldn't exist.

Stop complaining you're thirsty when there is perfectly drinkable water in the tap.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    ...It's just not possible to deny, with a leveling time of around 10 hours, even if you're taking your time, it's just way too fast...
    Given most new games have a 3 hour campaign, at best... 10 hours seems fine but even that is a stretch. If you are actually reading the quest and going about the story aspects then it takes much longer than 10 hours to level to max. Hell some of the best speed runners in the world take close to 6 hours... that's with autopilot accepting every quest and skipping every cutscene. No, leveling is fine in this new squished down world. I only wish they would breadcrumb Argus for new people to experience it while leveling... right now it takes quite a bit to unlock it if you don't know where to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

To people saying the real game begins at the endgame, everything before is just a waste of time:

you'd be surprised about how boring the game would be if it actually only consisted of raids and dungeons

it would be like removing trash mobs from dungeons, like they did with Trial of the Crusader. You'll immediately feel the impact of that design decision, and it will be a very negative feeling.

This is an MMO. The two things that make an MMO what it is are a huge world and other players to interact with. Reducing your game world to 1% of what it actually is would cause irreparable damage to your game.
    I don't like the game when it's just raids and dungeons. I'd prefer to make all of Azeroth relevant to anyone. It would be a complex system but that would be my ideal version of WoW. When you tie the world content to leveling, it's turned into a chore that people want to burn through ASAP.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Good. The worst part of the game is easier. You can always continue playing through the zones and quests at max level. If you want to experience an entire epxansions zones, they're there waiting for you.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

This is one of the most repeated and most nonsensical comments.

It's obviously different people wanting different things.

The people complaining about fast leveling are clearly not the same people complaining about slow leveling.
    I don't really believe that these are nonsensical comments.

Blizzard aren't surveying your 300 happy/unhappy posters here on MMOC and then deciding what to do with the game based on that. As any smart individual, they are running internal analysis to what players are actually doing and what they are enjoying in the game.

I would suspect that this decision was directly influenced how popular recent XP buff was. Literally everyone logged in their dusted alts and leveled them. Blizzard saw this as a positive influence hence the current leveling speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    and I like to go back to old games

Well you have classic wow

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Well you have classic wow
    Which has superior leveling. But I also wish to have new content for current WoW that is actually good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I don't really believe that these are nonsensical comments.

Blizzard aren't surveying your 300 happy/unhappy posters here on MMOC and then deciding what to do with the game based on that. As any smart individual, they are running internal analysis to what players are actually doing and what they are enjoying in the game.

I would suspect that this decision was directly influenced how popular recent XP buff was. Literally everyone logged in their dusted alts and leveled them. Blizzard saw this as a positive influence hence the current leveling speed.
    Yes, they are and so is yours. If you make a comment like that, you are either not very smart or you are not arguing in good faith.

Leveling if fine now. Actually makes me want to log in and level an alt. Spend time in game. The time I would otherwise spend in other game.