Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Normal players don't get to max level in 6 hours.
    I'd say the average is probably going to land somewhere around the 12-15 hour mark if they're generally focused on leveling instead of goofing around. Faster than that if they use something like Azeroth Autopilot with heirlooms(Which are still super valuable since your gear will ALWAYS be up to date. regardless of no exp bonus).

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'd say the average is probably going to land somewhere around the 12-15 hour mark if they're generally focused on leveling instead of goofing around. Faster than that if they use something like Azeroth Autopilot with heirlooms(Which are still super valuable since your gear will ALWAYS be up to date. regardless of no exp bonus).
    It also depend very much if they are using the 16th anniversary bonus and the warmode bonus.

I think the point is, that you can take your time leveling if you want to and enjoy the zones and quest, but you can also get to max very fast if you wan to. There something for everyone and it's simply about preference. I love the new leveling.

Levelling is finally fun now, and doesnt feel like a chore.

For this I am grateful, I have levelled 4 alts from 1-50 and that would never happen before the level-squish.

Definitely not feeling like leveling is too fast now. I think it's pretty great, especially if you don't wear heirlooms.

I prefer Classic leveling

Quote Originally Posted by carenlm View Post
    I prefer Classic leveling
    Said nobody ever.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Said nobody ever.
    I did. Tons of people do, which is why they're playing classic. Don't be arrogant.

I did. Tons of people do, which is why they're playing classic. Don't be arrogant.
    Mate with all due respect, we all like different things, but we can agree that classic leveling is not better. Its beyond a mess, with outdated mechanics. I personally never had to wowhead as much as I did when I leveled to 60. Also the length is silly, it does not make you a better play because you spend 5 hours on a level.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Mate with all due respect, we all like different things, but we can agree that classic leveling is not better. Its beyond a mess, with outdated mechanics. I personally never had to wowhead as much as I did when I leveled to 60. Also the length is silly, it does not make you a better play because you spend 5 hours on a level.
    Outdated mechanics? What mechanics? I'm talking about leveling not bosses.

You contradict yourself in the first sentence, saying we all like different things and then stating your preference as a general fact.

You like this better, I like the old way better. So do tons of other people.

You like this one better because you hate leveling, so the only thing you like about the new leveling is that it is fast. So it can be over quicker.

You like this one better because you hate leveling, so the only thing you like about the new leveling is that it is fast. So it can be over quicker.
    Or people like it because it isn't a tedious slog that takes you forever to get one level. They actually like leveling, they just want it to happen faster. You are basically saying anyone who disagrees with you does not like leveling. Talk about being arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Or people like it because it isn't a tedious slog that takes you forever to get one level.
    It didn't before. Gaining one level was superfast before the prepatch. That is why they needed to squish levels. Because you just sped through the levels. You actually spend more time on each individual level after the squish.

It didn't before. Gaining one level was superfast before the prepatch. That is why they needed to squish levels. Because you just sped through the levels. You actually spend more time on each individual level after the squish.
    NO it was not. Blizzard nerfed it into the ground at the end of Legion because they said it was too fast. WHen they announced the level squish, they said leveling was too slow. It was nowhere near fast after the 7.3.5 massive nerf bat they took to it.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    Yeah you gain like 5 levels just going through the Tanaan Jungle intro experience. That video that was posted yesterday with the guy speedleveling from 10-50, he hit like Tanaan Jungle, Silverpine Forest, Hillsbrad Foothills, Gorgrond and then some of Talador, Spires of Arak and Stonetalon Mountains, and he was done. It doesn't look like you can really level through any expansion completely, certainly not if you wanna do a dungeon here or there or maybe some island expeditions.
    I just leveled a monk, I was able to finish the new starter zone and complete the big 3 bfa zones with no side quests and doing a single dungeon for a profession quest, and I hit 50 exactly as I turned in the last quest in Nazmir (which I did last because of the lag in the zone during the day)

Don’t let the speedrunners trick you, without all the tricks with objects and the “right” classes and the buffs and so on, you won’t take less than 14-15 hours to get to 50, never ever (and this only if you follow AAP or the path suggested by speedrunners).

I leveled a hunter 1-50 in the new starting zone plus Pandaria, I didn’t use anything but looms and it took 20 hours or so.

Now I’m leveling a Paladin following the speedrunners zones hints (I’m in Silverpine atm), I’m level 20 but it took more than 2 hours already (and I chose a Zandalari troll so I started at level 10).

It’s of course faster than before, but not so fast as looking at speedrunners may seem.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it was not. Blizzard nerfed it into the ground at the end of Legion because they said it was too fast. WHen they announced the level squish, they said leveling was too slow. It was nowhere near fast after the 7.3.5 massive nerf bat they took to it.
    Do you know about the Winds of Wisdom buff? You spent like 5 minutes on each level. You are either ignorant or not arguing in good faith. Bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t let the speedrunners trick you, without all the tricks with objects and the “right” classes and the buffs and so on, you won’t take less than 14-15 hours to get to 50, never ever (and this only if you follow AAP or the path suggested by speedrunners).
    I'm not a speedrunner and taking my time leveling I can easily do it in 10 hours.

Do you know about the Winds of Wisdom buff? You spent like 5 minutes on each level. You are either ignorant or not arguing in good faith. Bye.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not a speedrunner and taking my time leveling I can easily do it in 10 hours.
    Would really like to know how.

The Paladin started at level 10 without ANY buff (including no looms and no anniversary exp buff) and took 2 hours and something from 10 to 20. I could end somewhere between 12-13 hours only if 20-30, 30-40 and 40-50 chunks would take roughly 2 hours each, which I doubt because the more you progress, the slower it gets (at least it’s been like that with the hunter in Pandaria).

Without gear, damage, speed and/or exp buffs running all the time, 1-50 in 10 hours for me is impossible. Maybe with 1-2 particular classes/specs. And starting at level 10. Oh and a being lucky enough not having too many people doing your same quests in your same areas.

There is no way you're doing it in 10 hours while also "taking your time". Unless by "taking your time" you mean only leveling when you have full rested exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem a bit fast but im sure they want it like that

I’m an extremely slow leveller and I was doing 2-3 levels each session. I ended up with 20 hours played when I hit 50 on a fresh character levelling through WoD. Full upgraded looms with the 16% anniversary buff for the last 10 levels.

I completed FFR, Gorgrond and 1/3 of Spires before hitting 50. I felt the levelling, even at a slow pace, was super quick which is totally fine by me, albeit weird that I didn’t finish the expansion. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Ohsorry; 2020-11-08 at 11:15 PM.

I just leveled a Mag'har Death Knight. So starting at level 10. I decided to just level in BfA. It took me 19 hours and 5 minutes before I dinged 50. I was almost done with my second zone, Nazmir, when I hit 50. I wasn't using any pathfinding guides or anything. Basically just leveling at a straightforward pace, doing side quests and gathering herbs and mining, and doing some fishing.

I don't think speed is really the problem, so much as completing the story. I still had an entire zone to do. Hitting 50 before I even saw Vol'dun is a little weird, since the revamped leveling really should take me a lot closer to finishing an expansion story than this. I've still doing the Vol'dun zone, but it feels... hollow. I'm not gaining any more levels nor am I improving my gear. This shouldn't be the case.

Note: To this point I've done next to nothing for the war campaign. I haven't done any of the Kul'Tiran landings or anything else. I'm playing this as linearly as I can.